TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 653 Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
If Tilke was presented with a hill I'm sure he would design one hell of a track. The current land he gets is dead flat.

have you not seen istanbul, or even this track?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:19 pm 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

Circuit of the Americas will be interesting with its very uphill turn one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Metzo wrote:
Xen wrote:
What a very smart motorsport History culture they have in India ! And what a fucking Tilkidiot track :yuk:

All the same layout, no elevation, I don't understand. Isn't there any other person than Tilke ? I've drawn many many tracks on paper which would be 10'000 thousand times better than the shit we get from mister germany.

lmao

Germans ruining F1, one track at a time... :flag: :flag:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Funny story; the TV crews are all in broom cupboards because the promoters requisitioned their purpose-built rooms for their own hospitality needs.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hamilton's confirmed that he and the singing one have split

And his "manager" will be at the race for the 2nd time this season

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What, to promote Lewis' new single?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today's press conference. Wanted to have a picture of Karthikeyan as the feature image, and look who I found in the same pic
http://www.f1zone.net/news/fia-press-co ... sday/9820/

New sponsorship on the Fifi

And Finnish journalist Heikki Kulta asked his contemporaries of their opinions of Williams and Lotus for 2012
[spoiler]Gerhard Kuntschik, Salzburger Nachrichten (Austria):

– Williams will definitely be ahead of Lotus next year. Williams can't afford another catastrophical season and they will do everything they can in order to avoid that. Williams will compete fiercly in the mid-group and will be at least on the same level as Force India, Sauber and Toro Rosso.

– It's also clear that Lotus will improve. But for them the next season is a question of scoring their first WC-point whereas Williams will score points evenly, Kuntschik thinks.

Luis Fernando Ramos, Radio Band (Brazil):

– Williams won't collapse more from this. This car is simply a rock bottom. It hasn't been fast on any kinds of tracks - not on slow, not on semi-fast and not on fast ones. Mike Coughlan will most certainly make a better car and they will also get Renault's engine, which will give performance ability and reliability.

– Whether it's Kimi or Rubens driving in Williams I think that Lotus will be left behind. Lotus will lift their level too but not as much as Williams.

Michael Schmidt, Auto, Motor und Sport (Germany):

– Williams is ahead of Lotus. The new people are talented and it's certain that they won't hit another rock bottom like this one. For Williams the switch to Renault's engine will help more than KERS will help Lotus, who already has the same engine.

– Both cars are designed in Williams' windtunnels. Whereas Williams uses the new one, Lotus is in the older windtunnel. I think a more competitive car comes out of the new windtunnel, Schmidt estimates.

Jonathan Noble, Autosport (UK):

– Lotus will surely improve next season. Mark Smith and KERS bring their own substantial inputs. Also Heikki Kovalainen seems to have been in flames already with this car. It's possible that Lotus could even beat Williams.

– I wouldn't bet on it though. Williams is Williams and after a lousy season like this they must be really making an effort to lift their competitiveness. If Kimi Räikkönen drives in Williams then he will certainly get everything out of the car.

Pino Allievi, La Gazzetta dello Sport (Italy):

– First of all I would advice Kimi not to come back. World champions' comebacks to F1 haven't usually succeeded. But if we are talking about Williams and Lotus I would say that the one of them who have the finance better in place will be ahead in that battle. If Williams can get their budget together then they should be ahead.

Dan Knutson, Speed Sport News (USA):

– Kimi and Heikki against each other? If Kimi drives Williams and Heikki Lotus, then Kimi is ahead. This car has been so crappy for Williams that at least you can't go any lower. Both teams bring the best cars but Williams can improve at least as much as Lotus can.

– But there won't be any super leaping. If Räikkönen is at Williams then his position will be 12th whereas Kovalainen's with Lotus is 14th, Knutson estimates.

Erkki Mustakari, Maikkari (Finland):

– No matter who drives at Williams it will be ahead of Lotus-Caterham next year. If Kimi is the driver then he will whip the best out of the car the same way he did with the bad Ferrari in 2009.

– Williams have had their most weakest season ever. They have changed personnel and it's 100% sure that these new engineers are immensly motivated to give a strong performance of their know-how.

– Lotus will uplift their level and get to race in the midfield but if Kimi is at Williams, then he will lift the team's level the same way as Robert Kubica did in Renault and drive ahead of the compact mid-group Force India - Sauber - Toro Rosso, Mustakari thinks.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Barrichello running a special paintjob, in honour of Sid Mosca, with tributes to Simoncelli and Wheldon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:42 pm 

amq55 wrote:

I see the 58 number in honour of SIC, but nothing for DW.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

F1-FR wrote:
amq55 wrote:

I see the 58 number in honour of SIC, but nothing for DW.

Here you are.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:57 pm 

phil1993 wrote:
I mean the irony of Tilke's tracks is that the best one, Istanbul Park, has fallen off the calendar just as it was starting to get established. Did Tilke do Abu Dhabi? Because that's a horrible circuit except for Turns 2-3

The penultimate corner of Abu Dhabi is also nice.

It's curious how many people bash Korea, though. There are 6 fantastic corners in there.

India seems to be just like Korea, dull first part but then some challenging corners. People just like to complain this days.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:05 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

So for the past 30 minutes I've been that bored I've been on Chatroullete pretending to be Rob Smedley (In my room in a hotel in Delhi) to all the Indians I meet.

I gotta admit it worked most of the time, some of them took interest in F1.

More so that I met a group of 3 guys who are going to the practice tomorrow sitting on the S/F straight, I told them to keep waving at the Ferrari garage and I would see them and wave back and go greet them.

So here is hoping for the FOM do plently of crowd panning tomorrow and I hope I get up for Fp1.

Am I evil?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

strange way to enjoy your free-time... haha :-P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 pm 

Do you really look like that much with Smedley? :o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Well its either that, or revise for a maths exam for next Tuesday.

*edit*

I look nothing like him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Red One wrote:
So for the past 30 minutes I've been that bored I've been on Chatroullete pretending to be Rob Smedley (In my room in a hotel in Delhi) to all the Indians I meet.

More so that I met a group of 3 guys who are going to the practice tomorrow sitting on the S/F straight, I told them to keep waving at the Ferrari garage and I would see them and wave back and go greet them.

So here is hoping for the FOM do plently of crowd panning tomorrow and I hope I get up for Fp1.

Am I evil?

Well evil is relative on Chatroulette especially considering what 99% of the people on there use it for!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Haha, I was surprised. The amount of those types online was rather small it seemed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Red One wrote:

Am I evil?

If they are stupid enough to believe it, they deserve every kind of punishment and humiliation they possibly could get.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Either they where die hard fans and took me for a ride playing along, or they didn't have a clue about f1 and are only going cause they traded 1 million rupees and 2 cows for 3 tickets to a practice session.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 am 

Red One wrote:
Well its either that, or revise for a maths exam for next Tuesday.

*edit*

I look nothing like him.

I thought thats was a place in India. Sorry for the dumb question.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 653 Next