TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 833 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 42
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
Hungary 2004, the first time I ever intentionally stopped watching an F1 race to do something else. I rated this race 3, seems a bit overly generous though.

Well back then i would rate it 10/10
Because it was my first race that i went and it was a Ferrari 1-2 so i couldnt ask for more.

But looking at it now - yeah it was boring like hell. But still it was my first F1 race so it was really nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm still voting with the same standarts from when I started voting, that was 2004, where Schumacher won 13 out of the first 14 GPs withouth any fight, 2005 where there was a duel, but it was for pole postion, NOTHING on almost every race, 06 - 10 the fight mostly was for who got out of turn 1 in first.

So I'll probably vote 10 for almost every race this year because that's how I feel when I watch F1 in 2011.

I'm just thanking FIA for making theese rules. I think 2006 it was, a SC restart with 5 laps to go at Suzuka. If it was NASCAR or now it would be a clusterfuck. At that time, everyone was 1sec of each other. BUT THERE WEREN"T A SINGLE FUCKING PASS!!!!!!!! One of the most anoing and frustrating moments in my life.

And about this GP, I was awake for 30hours already and got completely awake seeing the top 4 nose to tail and all the other fights that came along. I'm sorry but I won't change my mind on that. It may not be Monaco, Turkey or Montreal or China. But it's just that this is the best year of F1 ever. Don't get used to it and spec the best race ever everytime.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:47 am 

Seems like Problems keep on coming for D'Ambrosio after there was something wrong with the rear of the car on saturday,the drink instalation wasn't working on sunday.He lost 3,5kg.

Seemed liked 2 DRS zones was just not enough for some cars to pass.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Cartman wrote:
Give Jimmie Johnson credit, even with 5 straight championships, at least he doesn't win 30 races a year.

Knowing F1 and their constant rule changes, Vettel may end up winning 0 races next year and some other driver/team will rape the field.

I don't see how that's giving Jimmie credit? For not winning every race? Surely the credit in this situation should be going to the FIA and Pirelli for creating rules that, despite having 1 driver beating the field, is producing some of the best races we've ever seen, and all in 1 season.

Brundle said it best. One relatively lacklustre GP does not make a dull season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Um, what? Not disagreeing with Brundle's point, but you've completely twisted around what Cartman was saying - that even with all the whinging over Johnson's championship domination, we should be thankful he didn't dominate the races to the level Vettel is doing.

Whether or not you accept criticisms about "the finger" and his victory celebrations, it's only human to dislike someone who dominates to this extent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:31 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:
Um, what? Not disagreeing with Brundle's point, but you've completely twisted around what Cartman was saying - that even with all the whinging over Johnson's championship domination, we should be thankful he didn't dominate the races to the level Vettel is doing.

Whether or not you accept criticisms about "the finger" and his victory celebrations, it's only human to dislike someone who dominates to this extent.

I was more disagreeing with the word "credit" to Jimmie Johnson. Like he was being a nice guy by not winning races. Every driver in every series would love to win every race. The "credit" to Jimmie not winning every race would go to NASCAR. The "credit" for F1 being amazing this season goes to the FIA and Pirelli.

My second paragraph was more of a statement as a whole, rather than directed at Cartman.

As for "the finger", frankly, if that's the best people can come up with, then they need to stop watching or grow up. Just admit you don't like him. Nobody is going to have a go at you for it. Nobody is going to care. We even have a thread on this board for "drivers you dislike without reason". Hell, even "he wins too much" is a reason I guess. But if you're going to somehow try and justify it by "he has a finger, he's a c**t", then you need to go watch something else.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
I'm still voting with the same standarts from when I started voting, that was 2004, where Schumacher won 13 out of the first 14 GPs withouth any fight, 2005 where there was a duel, but it was for pole postion, NOTHING on almost every race, 06 - 10 the fight mostly was for who got out of turn 1 in first.

So I'll probably vote 10 for almost every race this year because that's how I feel when I watch F1 in 2011.

I'm just thanking FIA for making theese rules. I think 2006 it was, a SC restart with 5 laps to go at Suzuka. If it was NASCAR or now it would be a clusterfuck. At that time, everyone was 1sec of each other. BUT THERE WEREN"T A SINGLE FUCKING PASS!!!!!!!! One of the most anoing and frustrating moments in my life.

And about this GP, I was awake for 30hours already and got completely awake seeing the top 4 nose to tail and all the other fights that came along. I'm sorry but I won't change my mind on that. It may not be Monaco, Turkey or Montreal or China. But it's just that this is the best year of F1 ever. Don't get used to it and spec the best race ever everytime.

Yeah,this is right.

But wait for silverstone,the racetrack is destroyed,and the Redbull will win it just because of the space technology with a 1-2 with others at least 30sec behind.
Of course,if the new rules don't mix it up.

Championships from 2006 to 2010 were fantastic,except 2009.
Drive to the last race with 2 or more drivers still in the game.
Now it will be just the question if Vettel will secure it 3 or 5 races before the end.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:39 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I completely agree with what Brundle said above however the trouble with the Valencia GP is that it fell after two absolute classic races.

Monaco, because of its prestige, and Canada, due to its prime time slot may well have attracted a few casual fans to the sport who wouldn't usually give F1 a try, especially after all the press coverage crying "best races ever" etc

Then they turn on a dull GP on Sunday and assume "oh well, everything's back to normal now then" and switch off again.

If you'd had a Spa or Silverstone, etc in that gap you may well have kept a few casual fans around and potentially grown a few more long term fans.

Too late now eh...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well, we're talking about the race itself, not the championship battle. This is the first year I can expect battles on track and I'm getting it, every race.

I can only imagine what would be like with more balanced cars. But, in a note, last year was only fun because Vettel and Red Bull made a LOT of mistakes, otherwise it would be like now. Hamilton is someone who looked capable of stopping Vettel in both years but lost to himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

5 from me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That is bound to happen. You're not ready to be a motorsports fan if you can't sit through an eventless race, and still be able to enjoy watching drivers just driving their cars to the max around the same track.

If you're a casual fan, once a single boring event happens you'll stop watching before it's even finished and just forget about it for months. It happens to me for other sports that I don't particularly dig, no matter how many good games there were before. (example, football. Enjoyed the WC, enjoyed the champion's league final, but I would never sit through your average league game).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:01 pm 

4. Boring. Even that's probably too generous! :p

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:34 pm 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

5 from me (yes a bit late, I was away). I liked some of the mid pack action but it was still pretty quiet throughout.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 833 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 42