TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1925 posts ]  Go to page Previous 193 94 95 96 97 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Omega wrote:
RtN wrote:
Your point being?

One of the BBC commentators pointed that out before the start yesterday and as Regiotap explained on the previous page, they don't hand out penalties for stuff like that unless a clear advantage is gained, which in Massa's case, there wasn't.

but how can he not have advantage from starting there? If it's not penalised, why bother to start on the right position?

Because he didn't accelerate past the row ahead of him. The only car he overtook was Webber, who had made a bad start anyway, and who passed him back a lap later.

Presumably it works on the same principle as the track cutting rule. If you gain an advantage, give it back or get a penalty.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:05 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Well that twisting will be as he enters and leaves the slipsteam, I mean it would be like the wing moving from sweet fuck all resistance to this sudden wall of air.

I suppose the question is how much flex is too much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:06 pm 

RtN wrote:
Omega wrote:
RtN wrote:
Your point being?

One of the BBC commentators pointed that out before the start yesterday and as Regiotap explained on the previous page, they don't hand out penalties for stuff like that unless a clear advantage is gained, which in Massa's case, there wasn't.

but how can he not have advantage from starting there? If it's not penalised, why bother to start on the right position?

Because he didn't accelerate past the row ahead of him. The only car he overtook was Webber, who had made a bad start anyway, and who passed him back a lap later.

Presumably it works on the same principle as the track cutting rule. If you gain an advantage, give it back or get a penalty.

But by that logic, why give Vettel a drive though if he was penalised through damage in the incident? Was it because they needed to justify the fact he had taken another car out of the race?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:08 pm 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

Give it an 8, good race.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ospi wrote:
RtN wrote:
Omega wrote:

But by that logic, why give Vettel a drive though if he was penalised through damage in the incident? Was it because they needed to justify the fact he had taken another car out of the race?

No, thats different. The penalty was for causing a collision, which he did. Even if he retired, i wouldn't be surprised to see him getting penalised for Monza.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ospi wrote:
RtN wrote:
Omega wrote:

Vettel caused an avoidable accident. Nothing to do with gaining an advantage.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:52 pm 

phil1993 wrote:

here is what some guy posted on it:
Race control: Charlie, we have a Ferrari 2 meters ahead.
Charlie W: Is it Fernando?
Race control: Its Felipe.
Carlie W: Its OK, just whatch over Fernando and Red Bull

so true

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hilarious, not!. That is not even 2 metres. He's about 1 metre over at most.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:48 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

You have to draw a line! There is a line and he crossed it. Simple as that.

If you establish a tolerance zone of 1 meter, everyone will claim that meter and the one who claims one and a half meter (if you can manage to measure that properly) will complain again... totaly stupid.

Massa mada a mistake. Everyone else did it right, so Massa can do that too. Next time he'll know.
Chapter closed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i like massa but he missed the box by like 1-2 metres haha. how did charlie miss something that obvious? must of been watching out for kids climbing fences...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:29 pm 

De Cesaris fan wrote:
HRC wrote:
Had a good spot at the beginning of Kemmel. I saw one Red Bull getting pushed onto the grass, I saw a HRT spin in the rain at the top of Raidillon and at the same part I saw Webber almost lose it. Great race by Lewis!

I remember seeing a car going off at the top of Eau Rouge but I don't think the cameras ever picked it up did they?

I haven't watched the race yet but as far as I can remember it was not shown on the big screens. I also don't know whether it was Bruno or Sakon. I also don't think the Webber slide was shown. I can't believe how sideways he got, took him a couple of corrections before he could continue. But when it rained lots of cars cut the inside or were sliding.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:39 pm 

phil1993 wrote:

:lol: Perfect. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Eddington mains wrote:
Pierrot wrote:
Diageo wrote:
i really hate all the people who wants to be so bad on the television.... :yuk:

What ?

Stood behind DC, on the Mobile sayin "Look on the TV now.. im waving, can you see me?..."

Sorry to get this one out but I just stumbled over that scene and funnily enough that guy you referred to was someone actually working for FOM :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

:lol: Jake got a bit pissed off with one of them the other day, he turned around and said 'Yeah, its a Tv camera, okay'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

RtN wrote:
Omega wrote:
RtN wrote:
Your point being?

no, it's still stupid, because he gained an advantage - nobody behind Massa was able to catch him from this position. For me it's obvious that it should be a penalty.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:32 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Of course it's an advantage. He is closer to the corner than what he is meant to be. Just because his start wasn't good enough to pass other cars, doesn't make his position any less an advantage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I think a penalty now is pointless but it really should have been picked up. Its no less of an offense than a jump start in all fairness...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

it was one of the best races of the year, but it won't look like that in the standings that are kept at tbk because everyone expects so much of Spa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It will be a stupid thing to give a penalty to Massa now but I don't understand how nobody has seen this mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

By the video, you can see that the team that was nearest to see that he was over his grid slot was...

FERRARI!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1925 posts ]  Go to page Previous 193 94 95 96 97 Next