TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 54 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 pm 

footballs wrote:
If its decent rain all race expect the Red Bulls to dominate.

congratulations.

The race, as expected, was very good but they already started annoying me big time. I absolutely hate safety car starts, in fact, I dislike any SC entry although in some ocasions it is really necessary. In this start it wasn't, the SC makes the start artificial and boring, there is no chance for great moves as seen in Malaysia start, to get even worst the stupid stewards left the SC for too long, Alonso(I think in the second lap already said it was ok to race, then Vettel also said).

Vettel did a very good and flawless race, Webber made some little mistakes but also did a pretty good job specially when overtaking Button with class. Barrichello had a problem with one of the brake discs in the first part of the race and had to change the brake balance and brake earlier on the straigh, when things got normal he made the fastest lap of the race but then started raining again and his old wet tyres weren't good anymore, the brazilian needs a bit more luck. Kova finnally completed a lap this year and without been showed so much by the tv coverage did a good race and was the first Mclaren. I was disapointed with Hamilton, after seeing his improvement as a driver in Australia, he turned back to the old n00b Hamilton, if it was Massa who had spun the number of times Hamilton did we would all be loling on him. Talking about Massa, what a pitty, he was doing great, Ferrari in other hand...... well, is not necessary to say anything else. Also worths to be mentioned the excelent race again by Buemi, who was a shit in GP2, Piquet who was great sucks in F1 and together with Bourdais probably won't finish the year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:50 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Artur Craft wrote:
footballs wrote:
If its decent rain all race expect the Red Bulls to dominate.

congratulations.

The race, as expected, was very good but they already started annoying me big time. I absolutely hate safety car starts, in fact, I dislike any SC entry although in some ocasions it is really necessary. In this start it wasn't, the SC makes the start artificial and boring, there is no chance for great moves as seen in Malaysia start, to get even worst the stupid stewards left the SC for too long, Alonso(I think in the second lap already said it was ok to race, then Vettel also said).

Vettel did a very good and flawless race, Webber made some little mistakes but also did a pretty good job specially when overtaking Button with class. Barrichello had a problem with one of the brake discs in the first part of the race and had to change the brake balance and brake earlier on the straigh, when things got normal he made the fastest lap of the race but then started raining again and his old wet tyres weren't good anymore, the brazilian needs a bit more luck. Kova finnally completed a lap this year and without been showed so much by the tv coverage did a good race and was the first Mclaren. I was disapointed with Hamilton, after seeing his improvement as a driver in Australia, he turned back to the old n00b Hamilton, if it was Massa who had spun the number of times Hamilton did we would all be loling on him. Talking about Massa, what a pitty, he was doing great, Ferrari in other hand...... well, is not necessary to say anything else. Also worths to be mentioned the excelent race again by Buemi, who was a shit in GP2, Piquet who was great sucks in F1 and together with Bourdais probably won't finish the year.

Aren't we lolling to Hamilton for being such a noob? :?

What a douche he was! Spinned in three different occasion, went over the lines few times and lied (again) that it was his tyres, not his fault. Hah! Give me a break! Rosberg managed to spin only once, and he was on intermediates! Lol @ Hamilton, what a n00b. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:13 pm 

NVirkkula wrote:
Aren't we lolling to Hamilton for being such a noob? :?

When Massa has a race like this, most of the ppl is much harder on him. Hamilton kind of get away with it. This comments were made when Massa made an error on the final corner under SC(mistake which almost every driver on track made):
JJ wrote:
No chances for Massa survining this race.

docronzo wrote:
rgordon wrote:
Massa's been off.

first of many offs

nascarmaniac wrote:
Haha, Massa is getting crap from his team for not having enough heat in brakes and tyres, he wont make it to the re-start... :lol:

When Hamilton spin, some sees it as not his mistake but only track conditions(which is the same for everyone):
Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
Look at the standing water Hamilton went through! 8O

Everybody went through that standing water, but only Hamilton spun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
Look at the standing water Hamilton went through! 8O

Everybody went through that standing water, but only Hamilton spun.

FFS man, why are you such a twit, consistently? That comment was made about 30 pages ago, firstly. Did you really need to dig any of those comments up? Even if you are you going to correct everything people say so that you can feel better about yourself, I think you should take a look at the coverage again... The standing water I was referring to was offline on the astroturf exiting turn 10 where Hamilton spun early on, there was a good 2-3 inches of water...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:32 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Artur is trying to prove a point here, give him a break. And he's got it quite right...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:42 pm 

Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:
FFS man, why are you such a twit, consistently? That comment was made about 30 pages ago, firstly. Did you really need to dig any of those comments up? Even if you are you going to correct everything people say so that you can feel better about yourself, I think you should take a look at the coverage again... The standing water I was referring to was offline on the astroturf exiting turn 10 where Hamilton spun early on, there was a good 2-3 inches of water...

So your assumption is that anyone who corrects someone else is doing it to feel better about himself?

BTW, I didn't correct anybody, I pointed out how ppl are much harder on Massa than on Lewis. If you were not "fanboysly" defending Hamilton, so that's good for you.

Schumifan wrote:
No matter how good the racing is, this track will always be horrible.

agree, the layout is horrible as is Bahrein's. Next friday FPs shouldn't be that good.

Every track in F1 calendar IMO should have at least half of the corners with apex speed above 200Km/h. Fast cornering is the reason why F1 cars are designed the way they are.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Brendan Kaczmarek wrote:

So your assumption is that anyone who corrects someone else is doing it to feel better about himself?

BTW, I didn't correct anybody, I pointed out how ppl are much harder on Massa than on Lewis. If you were not "fanboysly" defending Hamilton, so that's good for you.

Go back and watch the 2008 British Grand Prix to find out why this assumption is made when it comes to the wet.

I'll be honest, I was expecting Felipe to run someone over as well, and I was pleasantly surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:01 pm 

RtN wrote:
Go back and watch the 2008 British Grand Prix to find out why this assumption is made when it comes to the wet.

I'll be honest, I was expecting Felipe to run someone over as well, and I was pleasantly surprised.

That's selected memory. Watch 2088 Monaco Grand Prix and see Hamilton crashing because he couldn't catch Massa in the wet, then luckily wins while Massa did a better race.

Massa isn't a Vettel in the wet, but Hamilton isn't either.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

At Monaco, Massa and Hamilton both made one mistake. Massa was fortunate in that he made his at a corner where there's an escape road. Lewis was lucky in that he didn't break his suspension and that it was a strategically optimum time to pit thanks to a later SC.

At Silverstone, Lewis beat the field by a clear minute whilst Massa spun 5 times (again) and ended the afternoon last of the classified runners.

At Monza, Massa starts 6th and Lewis starts 15th. By the end of the race, without the assistance of safety cars, Lewis finishes 1.1 seconds behind Massa.

Massa's reputation in the wet is (was?) far less positive than Hamilton's and the races above explain why.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RtN wrote:
At Monaco, Massa and Hamilton both made one mistake. Massa was fortunate in that he made his at a corner where there's an escape road. Lewis was lucky in that he didn't break his suspension and that it was a strategically optimum time to pit thanks to a later SC.

At Silverstone, Lewis beat the field by a clear minute whilst Massa spun 5 times (again) and ended the afternoon last of the classified runners.

At Monza, Massa starts 6th and Lewis starts 15th. By the end of the race, without the assistance of safety cars, Lewis finishes 1.1 seconds behind Massa.

Massa's reputation in the wet is (was?) far less positive than Hamilton's and the races above explain why.

And also Spa, where in the whole race Hamilton was fighting Raikkonen and won (on track he did), and Massa took nearly 3 minutes to do the final lap.

Massa just won on the desk.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Watch 2088 Monaco Grand Prix

:eyecrazy:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:13 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

PAXTON wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
Watch 2088 Monaco Grand Prix

:eyecrazy:

Oh please, it's just a typo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:25 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Hamilton spun on the 1st lap IIRC, as well as going off at least twice and arguably four times in those last two and half laps. I can't remember how much he was at fault in two of the incidents. Massa might have been a bit slower, but ultimately he was safer.

For me, Hamilton from his first races in the wet I thought was going to be one of these people that dominated on most occasions, however he's beginning to remind me more of Damon Hill who was outstanding on occasion, but also hopeless in others.

I also think more than ever the car seems to play a part. In these wet races, more than not, the Red Bull squads seem to gravitate more towards the front than they may otherwise have been. Fuji, Monza, yesterday as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:27 pm 

Location: Stuttgart, Germany___ [joined TBK: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:49 pm, had 1736 posts]
You know that McLaren has as much downforce on the rear as Image
Hamilton tries desperately to get too much out of the car. The simply goes over the limits.
I would like to see you on this track in this car in that rain...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:39 pm 

I can't remember seeing Heikki spining during the race.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:41 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ryan86 wrote:
I can't remember seeing Heikki spining during the race.

He didn't spun (I'm 99% sure about that :p )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:46 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The only good thing I'll take from this race, is that Kimi didn't spin off at all :ohmy: :lol: (compared to the wet races last year)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

He wasn't going fast enough to spin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:09 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Just a thought Vettel has won the first race for RBR and STR, i imagine has been a long time since someone won the Maiden GP for 2 Teams/Constructors? Been racking my brain to think of another and no luck... Thinking was probably in the early years of the sport???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fangio won the first GP for both Mercedes and Maserati, almost in the same year (1954).

Damon Hill came bloody close.

EDIT: Found another one - JYS won the first GPs for both March and Tyrrell.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 54 Next