TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Would be awesome if the williams, toyota and redbull can challange brawn again like what we had in sepang. I got the feeling Button will win it again, hes the man this year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The diffusers will be banned and Jenson will still win by a clear minute. Williams and Toyota will be battling in the midfield.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:35 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Quick question: If the diffusers are deemed illegal, then what happens to the cars for this weekend. Will they have to modify them before the race?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 pm 
Most likely. Don't see alternative.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:56 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

danny834 wrote:
Afro_dud wrote:
Quick question: If the diffusers are deemed illegal, then what happens to the cars for this weekend. Will they have to modify them before the race?

If they will be deemed illegal, the teams have to change it VERY quick, and I think that's impossible to do for the race, so I think that if the diffusers are deemed illegal, we won't see a diffuser in the GP of Bahrain. (I don't know for sure)

Thats what i thought, unless they have been working on a backup incase of such a situation occuring.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:09 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Won't the officials do the same thing that they did with the Brabham BT46B? Ban that particular design, but allow them to keep the victories since the car had actually passed initial inspection?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:22 pm 
Too much sense in that argument.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I like this track. Just a pity there is nothing around it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Shit track, hopefully F1 2009 will be able to put on a good show unlike last year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:32 pm 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

jdh wrote:
Shit track, hopefully F1 2009 will be able to put on a good show unlike last year.

Same. I'm extremely curious to see how the new cars will perform on this track.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I do like the track, but for a single drive at a game lol. I've got the impression it's crap for providing decent racing. But considering this is going to be a normal race (without a tsunami falling from the sky) at a typical modern track, this can be a good test for the new cars.

I'm really curious about this race.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Turn 13 is kind of place where this year's cars should be better following a car ahead than last year, so there is good possibility for some more overtaking. But of course it needs car behind to be faster. Turn 1 meanwhile isn't really kind of corner that encourages passing.

Racing-wise this has been worst Tilke track that has staged multiple Grand Prix's.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:58 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I would "exspect" that Turn 7-8 will be the area were it's most likley to go wide or get oversteer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Afro_dud wrote:
danny834 wrote:
Afro_dud wrote:

If they will be deemed illegal, the teams have to change it VERY quick, and I think that's impossible to do for the race, so I think that if the diffusers are deemed illegal, we won't see a diffuser in the GP of Bahrain. (I don't know for sure)

Thats what i thought, unless they have been working on a backup incase of such a situation occuring.

I remeber hearing during the Aussie GP that Williams and Toyota had an alternative design in case their current diffuser was deemed illegal, whilst Brawn GP dont have a concrete plan B for their diffuser. Not sure if that was 100% accurate, or indeed if that situation has changed since then. Nevertheless, Im pretty sure though that the current diffuser designs will be deemed legal

This track sucks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:01 am 

Whofan wrote:
I remeber hearing during the Aussie GP that Williams and Toyota had an alternative design in case their current diffuser was deemed illegal, whilst Brawn GP dont have a concrete plan B for their diffuser. Not sure if that was 100% accurate, or indeed if that situation has changed since then. Nevertheless, Im pretty sure though that the current diffuser designs will be deemed legal

This track sucks

If BrawnGP hasn't a "plan b" for the diffuser thing it means they're pretty sure that its diffuser is legal just like you said.

I think the other teams will have to bite the dust.

PS.: This track DOES NOT suck. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I do like the turn 1/2 layout here....mainly from racing games but just once I want to see someone ballsy enough to stick it around the outside of someone in turn one long enough to be on the inside for turn 2.
It's nearly happened a couple of times now, (mainly in the wet) but the last apex of the corner seems to prevent the outside car from remaining alongside :(

Aside from that, the back straight is like 3/4 of a mile long isn't it? Even the old cars could get a tow down that thing so I think the new cars won't have a problem.
(Though KERS cars might have a unique problem in that they'll get on the button, complete the pass and then realise there's still most of the straight still to go and the car behind will then get in their slipstream and re-pass them! :p )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 am 

I can't agree about Shanghai being a sh*t track. I believe it is a very interesting layout. Also, who cares if racing is boring? It's fantastic to just see these cars drive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 am 

Well most of the corners in Shanghai are technically extremely challenging and demand a lot of downforce, but for the straights it might be not that advantageous to have such an extreme setting. Therefore the track layout itself has the purpose to make it to driver as difficult as possible and this year it might be even more visible. On the other hand this is why I dislike the track like most of other Tilke tracks. It has been built in an effort to make better racing, which is why every single detail of the track has been taken into that consideration. Therefore it looks very unnatural.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:27 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

I''m going there. Hope the weatehr will be fine. :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:21 am 

go webber