TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 7577 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

scotty wrote:
Why arent more people voting for Webber :C

because Alonso's was better. Or did you not see that brilliant middle stint?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:34 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Barre wrote:
Dunno if this has been posted before but here's good amature footage of Lewis's second slip up in the first lap.

http://www.darcyf1.com/barre/0108.avi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dont see anything wrong with that Ferrari dude cheering tbh.
Mclaren mechanics cheered in Singapore and in Spa when Kimi crashed. Either could have resulted in injury but when Ferrari do it everyone gives them a bollocking.
Whatsmore about the Bourdais penalty i want to see an onboard. Its a racing incident but if Bourdais understeered into Massa then he is at fault and you can understand the penalty a little.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hamilton's been using the slipstream excuse again for dive bombing Kimi into turn one :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nick78 wrote:

Who in their right mind decides the inside line is the best one from here? :lol:

This screenshot kills the argument the Webber is chopping and being dangerous. He's already on the right hand side before Massa is even alongside! That's how anybody would defend their position sensibly. Massa doesn't have to go for the tiny gap if he doesn't want to. But he did, it was clean, and it was a great bit of racing. So give them both penalties :p

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:46 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Magnifico wrote:
Mclaren mechanics cheered in Singapore and in Spa when Kimi crashed. Either could have resulted in injury but when Ferrari do it everyone gives them a bollocking.
Whatsmore about the Bourdais penalty i want to see an onboard. Its a racing incident but if Bourdais understeered into Massa then he is at fault and you can understand the penalty a little.

It's a little strange because they cheered when their own driver caused a collision. It almost looked liked they wanted to eliminate Hamilton.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
This screenshot kills the argument the Webber is chopping and being dangerous. He's already on the right hand side before Massa is even alongside! That's how anybody would defend their position sensibly. Massa doesn't have to go for the tiny gap if he doesn't want to. But he did, it was clean, and it was a great bit of racing. So give them both penalties :p

But once Massa was alongside, Webber continued to squeeze in on him - once the pit wall ended, Webber moved further across to force Massa into the pitlane exit. If there'd been a car exiting the pits, it would have been a big crash and Webber would have been to blame for it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I very much doubt Massa would want to possibly damage his car on purpose. They cheered because Hamilton was spun out, nothing sinister about that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mika Kimi wrote:
Magnifico wrote:

It's a little strange because they cheered when their own driver caused a collision. It almost looked liked they wanted to eliminate Hamilton.

Its a little strange they cheered when two Ferrari mechanics were injured :whistling: sheesh.
You should know how fragile Formula 1 cars are. I doubt Ferrari want their driver to cause a collision which could potentially destroy his own car and not pick up any points. Are people this incredibly naive?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:52 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

gd49 wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:

But once Massa was alongside, Webber continued to squeeze in on him - once the pit wall ended, Webber moved further across to force Massa into the pitlane exit. If there'd been a car exiting the pits, it would have been a big crash and Webber would have been to blame for it.

blue flags for the driver in pitlane?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:55 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Webber has been a ridulously aggressive blocker for many years now, Fernando Alonso being a victim on more than one occasion. Even by modern F1 standards his blocking seems a bit silly and sometimes quite dangerous.

Last edited by Alex on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Magnifico wrote:
You should know how fragile Formula 1 cars are. I doubt Ferrari want their driver to cause a collision which could potentially destroy his own car and not pick up any points. Are people this incredibly naive?

Yes they are.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I did not say that they wanted to hit Hamilton.

I just find it strange because their own driver caused a collision, what's to cheer about that?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I admit that i have seen Webber pull some nasty blocks in the past but i just can't see a problem with this one. Of course there is the argument of "what if a car was coming out of the pits?". But if we used that theory then there are certain tracks where you just couldn't overtake on the start finish straight ever.

If you look at the pit exit on the aerial shot then it's almost impossible for there to have been an accident involving a car exiting the pits. Massa was initially on the chevrons between the pit exit line and the race track. By the time he was using the pit exit, they could clearly see that nothing had come out of the pits. Unless a car can suddenly out accelerate them from the pit road speed limit...

My definition of a block or a chop is where you make your defence so late and so sharp that the car behind has a choice between lifting off or flying off the road. Webber moved over very calmly imo.

Last edited by De Cesaris fan on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:05 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Nick78 wrote:
Fllying_Iceman wrote:
gd49 wrote:

blue flags for the driver in pitlane?

That's to watch for drivers on the track, not in your lane. :p

New interpretion for the green flag, waved in the pitlane: "exit pits via the grass-lane"
Problem solved :p

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:28 pm 

Alex wrote:
Webber has been a ridulously aggressive blocker for many years now, Fernando Alonso being a victim on more than one occasion. Even by modern F1 standards his blocking seems a bit silly and sometimes quite dangerous.

It's called racing. It's hard, it's also fair, and we don't see enough of it to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

scotty votes for Webber every race no matter how well Mark or anyone else drove. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:24 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

andrewf1 wrote:
Alex wrote:

It's called racing. It's hard, it's also fair, and we don't see enough of it to be honest.

But he's mostly the first one to bitch when someone else does it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:30 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Alonso, won the race on merit, an inspired drive. Great races from Piquet and Webber through the field.

Sad for Bourdais because he was actually ahead of Vettel all race and should have had the points to take pressure off of his seat, I hope he and Piquet have done enough to secure drives for next year ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Webber blocking in Japan?

Surely not...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 7577 Next