TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1153 154 155 156 157 158 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

JB-F1 wrote:
I have absolutely no problem with the finale being held in Abu Dhabi. I can't see what all the fuss is about. We might have a season finishing with a night race. How much more special can you get?

It's going to be a fantastic track in a unique location

It's not likely to have the same atmosphere from the fans though. Whilst this year was exceptional, can you imagine any driver showing the emotion Massa showed on the pdoium at Abu Dhabi?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:03 pm 
gd49 wrote:
JB-F1 wrote:
I have absolutely no problem with the finale being held in Abu Dhabi. I can't see what all the fuss is about. We might have a season finishing with a night race. How much more special can you get?

It's not likely to have the same atmosphere from the fans though. Whilst this year was exceptional, can you imagine any driver showing the emotion Massa showed on the pdoium at Abu Dhabi?

Yes, because what happened was one of those things that doesn't really depend on where you are. If you get robbed of the title in the last 500 yards you're going to be upset. See Carlos Sainz at Margam Park in 98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:04 pm 

MaTT wrote:
aerogi wrote:
The final race should be on a classic track, preferably that also has a 'classic' atmosphere, in a sense that the 'real' motorsport fans can go and enjoy the race:

So then it comes down to Suzuka, Brazil, Spa, Monza and maybe Silverstone.

Abu dhabi as season finale looks like the worst place to hold a finale... :yuk:

Monaco ;)?

I was thinking Hungaroring, actually ... can you imagine how exciting that would be 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:09 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

gd49 wrote:
JB-F1 wrote:

Massa would have had the same emotions - though he might not have made as many gestures to the crowd. I guess it's like the World Cup final though. The atmosphere will probably be better when there's a home team rather than two neutral teams. However, that can be hard to forecast. Silverstone? Valencia? Interlagos? Melbourne?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:14 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I almost can't be happy about a drivers' win in Bahrain. It feels as if nothing special has happened. It's too perfect.
No chance of rain
A lot of chance for major run-off zones
A night race isn't unique anymore
There aren't that many visitors allowed
If the championship is decided, it's just an ordinary race.
Where's the atmosphere? I only see a few sheikhs, signing oil tracks. That instead of pure racing fans, soaked on a wet Silverstone, having waited all day to hang their flags out and get a good seat.

With Interlagos, you're almost sure about an end of the season with a big bang.

I really can't imagine what's good about this end of the 09 season

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Towards the end of the Race Highlights clip on F1.com you see just after the Ferrari machanics realised Massa had lost the title & one of the guys punches the wall & smashes a load of glass right behind Massa's Family :o

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:19 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

the entire Ferrari reaction is hilarious anyway, but the stuff shown in the video makes it even better :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:21 pm 

aerogi wrote:
The final race should be on a classic track, preferably that also has a 'classic' atmosphere, in a sense that the 'real' motorsport fans can go and enjoy the race:

Unless we go back to a Las Vegas hotel car park one day - now THAT'S the worst title deciding venue ever.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

EB wrote:
aerogi wrote:

Unless we go back to a Las Vegas hotel car park one day - now THAT'S the worst title deciding venue ever.

Shame that the classic 1982 season had the title decided in that dreadful track.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Autosport wrote:
McLaren pay tribute to 'impressive' Massa

McLaren have paid tribute to the approach Felipe Massa took to his world championship assault this season, as well as the way he handled seeing the title slip through his grasp in the closing stages of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Massa took the victory he needed at Interlagos to have a chance of beating Lewis Hamilton to the crown, and only after crossing the line did he find out that his rival had grabbed the fifth spot he needed to secure the title.

Afterwards Massa was gracious in defeat a factor that did not go unnoticed by the McLaren team who were celebrating their first title success since Mika Hakkinen's triumph in 1999.

McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh said at the team's Woking factory this week: "Felipe Massa drove brilliantly to win the Brazilian Grand Prix.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to the quality of his driving throughout the season and the impressively sportsmanlike way he handled the disappointment of finding out at the last minute that he hadn't won the drivers' world championship."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just saw the F1 compilation of Brasil on the F1 site (great review as always), but the reaction in the Ferrari pits is with some new footage with a mechanic destroying the Garage (The didn't showed that on TV).

http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:35 am 

The bearded guy really is a media whore isn't he.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

that Ferrari mechanic was really pissed :o understandable i guess.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:12 am 

Pardon me guys but...Suzuka as a title decider?

Been watching for 12 years and never saw any overtaking moves concerning the title deciders whatsoever(Bar schumi's climb in the starting laps of '98).So even if the atmosphere had been 10/10 every year (which it wasn't) it would never have made a worthwhile final race.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

danny87 wrote:
Autosport wrote:
McLaren pay tribute to 'impressive' Massa

McLaren have paid tribute to the approach Felipe Massa took to his world championship assault this season, as well as the way he handled seeing the title slip through his grasp in the closing stages of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Massa took the victory he needed at Interlagos to have a chance of beating Lewis Hamilton to the crown, and only after crossing the line did he find out that his rival had grabbed the fifth spot he needed to secure the title.

Afterwards Massa was gracious in defeat a factor that did not go unnoticed by the McLaren team who were celebrating their first title success since Mika Hakkinen's triumph in 1999.

McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh said at the team's Woking factory this week: "Felipe Massa drove brilliantly to win the Brazilian Grand Prix.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to the quality of his driving throughout the season and the impressively sportsmanlike way he handled the disappointment of finding out at the last minute that he hadn't won the drivers' world championship."

Great thing from Whitmarsh. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:32 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

just watched the review. the reaction of the "Glock le ho fatto pasaareeeeeeeeeeeee" (Glock let him through) guy smashing his head in the glass is priceless. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

He was a headbanger.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:08 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Is there a complete, updated list of this year? I'm quite curious, although Brazil will probably be on top. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:35 pm 

cawinkler wrote:
I was thinking Hungaroring, actually ... can you imagine how exciting that would be 8)

No, Hungary doesn't have tradition in motorsport. Imagine the comunists cars that are seem in there. :p

aerogi wrote:

Why did you wrote every track's name but Interlagos? So if the race is in Rio or in the Amazon it will be in classic tracks as well?

Imo the old tracks are classic, like: Nordschleife, old Spa, old Interlagos, Silverstone.....
Monza, I never liked tbh.
Suzuka is not too old but the layout is so perfect that it became a classic in my perspective.

matthew wrote:
just watched the review. the reaction of the "Glock le ho fatto pasaareeeeeeeeeeeee" (Glock let him through) guy smashing his head in the glass is priceless. :lol:

ho in italian :? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:26 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

ryan86 wrote:
The bearded guy really is a media whore isn't he.

Yeh, Gino Rosato. He's well known here, and everytime we see him, our commentators say "and there is Gino Rosato"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1153 154 155 156 157 158 Next