TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1152 153 154 155 156158 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:38 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

I agree EB. There was one race, it was either 2002 or 2004 when the Ferrari's dominated - where I was bored before they got to Degner. The Esses spread the whole field out and you just got the feeling that was the race already decided. With the bowl it's set in, it's one of those tracks I always feel that should have fans sitting on the hill for 2 Yen or something, like they used to a Brands Hatch.

I feel Suzuka comes under "good driving circuit, terrible racing circuit."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:55 pm 

I've said this many times, but I'll say it again, 2004 race was brilliant, well, if you only care about the race lead then there's not much to argue, but the race down the field was amazing, I still remember that battle with 4 cars going 2 by 2 into turn one. And certainly there were plenty more battles but it was only destroyed by the TV director, and possibly, the reason EB dislikes Suzuka in a way was helped by the director too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:06 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Suzuka as a closer was nice. I liked waking up excited at the middle of the night to see who would be world champion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I only think Abu Dhabi is a terrible closing for the season. It would be a great opener for me, though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

scotty wrote:
PAXTON wrote:
scotty wrote:
No race will ever be a perfect 10 until Webber wins it.

So never?

:C he will win atleast once

I'd say the same for Heidfeld. :p

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:37 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I have a question. Someone on another forum is suggesting that Glock might have helped Hamilton on purpose, because in the last lap suddenly he drove a terrible time and lost very much on the last sector. Also he was way quicker than Trulli on the slicks in wet but the last lap they were pretty much even.

Is there anything known about Glock making a mistake in the third sector on the last lap? I can post some lap times if that's helpful. I just think it's a shame that people are thinking that McLaren were 'given' the title from Toyota or Glock, so I'm searching for a logical explanation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:50 pm 

Mika Kimi wrote:
I have a question. Someone on another forum is suggesting that Glock might have helped Hamilton on purpose, because in the last lap suddenly he drove a terrible time and lost very much on the last sector. Also he was way quicker than Trulli on the slicks in wet but the last lap they were pretty much even.

Is there anything known about Glock making a mistake in the third sector on the last lap? I can post some lap times if that's helpful. I just think it's a shame that people are thinking that McLaren were 'given' the title from Toyota or Glock, so I'm searching for a logical explanation.

Looking at the sector times, at first (right after the race) I thought he could have had a problem in the 2nd sector, which was his worst, iirc. But after looking at his tyres (probably in even worst condition then Trulli´s), it´s obvious that he was just tip-toeing to finish the race, like mentioned countless times.
About the last sector you mentioned, it´s the only sector you can see him on screen, since he was right in front of Vettel-Hamilton after the split, and there was nothing wrong there, apart from the fact that he had absolutely no grip.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It was raining harder in the last lap then the lap before (it looked to me).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes I told him that but I think he found that reason to simple. 8)

cawinkler wrote:
About the last sector you mentioned, it´s the only sector you can see him on screen, since he was right in front of Vettel-Hamilton after the split, and there was nothing wrong there, apart from the fact that he had absolutely no grip.

Yes I just thought of that, it didn't really matter (in Hamilton's case) if he was so slow in the last sector, did it? Hamilton was already passed. Problem solved I guess. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:42 pm 

Rubmifer wrote:
8 for the normal race
+ 1 for the epic ending
-1 for massa not winning it.

SO 8 it is :)

No offence, but the epic ending was really worth more than +1 ... ;)
I could vote +5, only for that, so independent of who won, the whole race, even with some dull parts, was an easy 10 for me. And that´s probably the first time I vote 10 for a race... this was worth 11 or 12.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The end of the race was definitely worth a 10. But i have to look past that and the middle part of the race was quite boring. So with some mild logic i'll give it a 7.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
BrainPain wrote:
Please do elaborate your opinion, because I fail to see the logic in that. Why would the commentators talk less bullshit because the race is early? And why is it a good thing fewer people are watching the final race?

in the past years that the title was decided on Suzuka, brazilian drivers weren't winning races, so it was better to watch, becuase commentators curse opponents and shouts only Massa here, Rubens there, is kinda annoying

is just like F1 broadcast in Spain before Fernando Alonso (if they broadcasted F1 before 2003)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 pm 

The exit of Juncao is also steeply uphill and with cars flying past momentum would have been lost.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:55 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Suzuka should be the season finale. We shouldn't have to wait until 7pm to find out who wins the title.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:14 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Speedworx wrote:
Suzuka should be the season finale. We shouldn't have to wait until 7pm to find out who wins the title.

Worst argument ever.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The final race should be on a classic track, preferably that also has a 'classic' atmosphere, in a sense that the 'real' motorsport fans can go and enjoy the race:

So then it comes down to Suzuka, Brazil, Spa, Monza and maybe Silverstone.

Abu dhabi as season finale looks like the worst place to hold a finale... :yuk:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

aerogi wrote:
The final race should be on a classic track, preferably that also has a 'classic' atmosphere, in a sense that the 'real' motorsport fans can go and enjoy the race:

So then it comes down to Suzuka, Brazil, Spa, Monza and maybe Silverstone.

Abu dhabi as season finale looks like the worst place to hold a finale... :yuk:

Monaco ;)?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ryan86 wrote:
The exit of Juncao is also steeply uphill and with cars flying past momentum would have been lost.

You could see the back of the Toyota stepping out as he tried to put down the power up the hill, there was clearly no grip at all from his tyres, did well to keep it on the track

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Somewhere on Youtube someone who was in the grandstands posted a video of what he took during the final lap - I believe he was at the left hander following the straight after the Senna S. About a minute in you see Glock go past on his last lap and he's clearly struggling for grip even then.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:55 pm 
I have absolutely no problem with the finale being held in Abu Dhabi. I can't see what all the fuss is about. We might have a season finishing with a night race. How much more special can you get?

It's going to be a fantastic track in a unique location

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1152 153 154 155 156158 Next