TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2879 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1140 141 142 143 144 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ian-S wrote:
They are still screwed tbh, they either allowed two team member to bring the sport into disrepute, or were complicit with two team members in bringing the sport into disrepute, ether way the top brass at McLaren will be held accountable for Ryan & Hamilton's actions regardless of whether they knew about it.

My only "issue" with this at the moment is Lewis still has his job - he has his own mind does he not?
I cannot really imagine why they did what they did, it would be like arguing black is white, given hindsight, it's a stupid and extremely arrogant thing to do to think you could get away with something like that.

I'm sorry but Lewis is not some wet behind the ear child, he lied plain and simple. Saying he was "misled and that is the way it went" doesn't wash with me, surely he doesn't expect me to believe that he, the Formula One World Champion, was unaware that the FIA record all radio communications between team and driver? If he is that easily manipulated, then he needs some professional help.

+1 on this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ixnay wrote:
Michael Schumacher was deemed to have lied about his 'mistake' in Monaco by the stewards and at the stewards.

And he started on the last row.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:01 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

micha wrote:
ixnay wrote:
Michael Schumacher was deemed to have lied about his 'mistake' in Monaco by the stewards and at the stewards.

interesting observation....

well, ultimately anytime 2 drivers don't agree about something one is going to try to "mislead" the stewards. before supposedly hearing the audio they magically found they had at the malaysian GP i guess it was trulli who was trying to mislead them.

anyway McLaren have asked the FIA to bring forward the hearing to next tuesday at the diffuser appeal. http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5324.shtml

they're probably expecting a couple of race bans then lol rather have it now when the car is so uncompetitive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Ayrton S. wrote:
ixnay wrote:

And he started on the last row.

so what conclusion we can make here?

that the stewards didn't punished properly Schumacher or that the stewards went too far with Hamilton?

(actually both were different situations and I guess they should stop right now before it can get worser)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:29 am 

matthew wrote:
anyway McLaren have asked the FIA to bring forward the hearing to next tuesday at the diffuser appeal. http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5324.shtml

Err no, they just want to be at the diffuser appeal. The liegate hearing is still the same date (29th?)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:08 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Why do these things in F1 always go to hearings, court cases, appeals, people lose their jobs etc? Just disqualify Hamilton from Aus GP and move on. You can't help thinking if a player lied to a referee in football such a big deal wouldn't be made of it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:04 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Quote:
Hamilton, Ryan refused to change story

By Adam Cooper and Jonathan Noble Thursday, April 9th 2009, 11:45 GMT

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren's former sporting director Dave Ryan refused to change their story about having deliberately let Jarno Trulli through at the Australian Grand Prix, despite being played radio conversations and media interviews that suggested the contrary in their second stewards' hearing at Sepang.

This week's AUTOSPORT reveals that Hamilton and Ryan maintained their stance in that second hearing that Trulli had taken it upon himself to overtake the McLaren in the closing stages of the Melbourne race, even though the stewards presented them with fresh evidence to say they were lying.

In the first detailed account of the stewards' hearings that have resulted in McLaren being called before the FIA's World Motor Sport Council, AUTOSPORT reports that Ryan and Hamilton stuck to their original story when recalled for the second hearing.

An FIA source told AUTOSPORT: "First of all, Lewis heard the radio exchange. It appeared that the strategy was to be extremely vague and not be very direct with the answers. Then the interview where he said, 'I was told to let him through' was played.

"At that point they both got very uncomfortable, but still denied that's what had actually happened.

"It was a bit surreal, this situation where you had the radio evidence and the interview, and they were putting a completely different interpretation on what the words actually meant. But the words were very, very clear."

FIA race director Charlie Whiting has also revealed that Hamilton denied more than once in the original hearing in Australia that he had let Trulli pass him.

Whiting said: "When asked very clearly, 'Did you consciously let him past, did you pull over to let him past', he [Hamilton] said, 'No'. The question was asked more than once. He was adamant that he hadn't slowed down and hadn't let Trulli past."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What a hypocrite team. Stewards played them the tape and they still lied. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh dear. The thing is drivers / teams have been doing this for many years. Schumacher and Senna were guilty of it at Monaco in 2006 and in Japan in 1990 for instance. McLaren and Lewis deserve punishment, but I can't help but think that too much is being made of it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:53 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Agreed.

Schumack wrote:
What a hypocrite team. Stewards played them the tape and they still lied. :lol:

That's what I call commitment!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think what FIA wants to punish is not just the lie anymore, but the fact they kept the lie after being presented with irrefutable evidence.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:26 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

interpretation/lies. people call them different things.

i believe the truth about this (among many other things) won't come before a looong looong time. god knows what goes on behind closed doors. Whiting shoulda known back at melbourne that they were unsure of what to do as they (together with toyota) were repeatedly asking him for advice. he was to busy putting the blame on someone for a racing accident though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:24 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

kals wrote:
Oh dear. The thing is drivers / teams have been doing this for many years. Schumacher and Senna were guilty of it at Monaco in 2006 and in Japan in 1990 for instance. McLaren and Lewis deserve punishment, but I can't help but think that too much is being made of it.

Is the problem though perhaps, at least in the case of Schumi, less clear cut in the case of Senna, that to prove they lied, you need to have evidence that proves that it was purposeful rather than merely a different opinion on the actual incident.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lewis did what the team told him to do. But if you listen to the radio, it is clear that Lewis is very nervous of the fact that Trulli is ahead of him. He kept on asking about Trulli and that he should regain his position, so I'm not sure it was only Ryan that wanted to lie about this to get the extra point.

Championships can be decided with one point, I know, but I don't think it's worth lying about it and to loose 5-6 points, to loose a lot of credibility, to loose a lot of sympathy, and who knows what else just to get that extra point. And to put Trulli out of the points...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN THE DRIVERS WERENT COWARDS. NOW THE DRIVERS ARE TOO AFRAID TO SETTLE THIS ON TRACK OR ON THEIR OWN, THEY NEED TO BE PUSSIES TO GO TO THE STEWARDS AND HAVE OTHERS DECIDE FOR THEM. BACK IN THE DAYS TROLLI AND HAMILTON WOULD HAVE GONE TO A BAR AND GOT DRUNK AND FIGHT ABOUT THAT EXTRA POINT, NOT RUN TO THE STEWARDS LIKE PUSSIES.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:23 am 

Your capslock seems to be working, BrainPain.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:22 pm 

BrainPain wrote:
BACK IN THE DAYS TROLLI AND HAMILTON WOULD HAVE GONE TO A BAR AND GOT DRUNK AND FIGHT ABOUT THAT EXTRA POINT, NOT RUN TO THE STEWARDS LIKE PUSSIES.

to be honest, there never have been times like that :p . I was watching a race highlight from 1980 and even then politics, driver safety and other issues off the race track were issues. Not much has changed I think.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:48 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Tobias wrote:
BrainPain wrote:
BACK IN THE DAYS TROLLI AND HAMILTON WOULD HAVE GONE TO A BAR AND GOT DRUNK AND FIGHT ABOUT THAT EXTRA POINT, NOT RUN TO THE STEWARDS LIKE PUSSIES.

to be honest, there never have been times like that :p . I was watching a race highlight from 1980 and even then politics, driver safety and other issues off the race track were issues. Not much has changed I think.

What about the Kimi and Michael scuffle in Japan in 2003 after Michael got drunk? There's some fisties for you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:21 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Quote:
Fresh insight into McLaren case

April 10, 2009 by James Allen

I’m grateful to one of my readers, doctorvee, for posting a very interesting comment here on the JA on F1 site. He highlights an interview which McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh gave to the BBC at the end of the Australian Grand Prix.

“…there’s some debate about whether it’s a 3rd place at the moment given that Trulli fell off and re-passed under the Safety Car…

[Ted Kravitz asks him to expand on this.]

…At the end, under the Safety Car, Trulli fell off onto the grass and Lewis had no choice but to go past him. He was not on the racing circuit. Trulli then re-took the place under the Safety Car, which ordinarily you wouldn’t do.

I know that the FIA are looking at it at the moment and doubtless we’ll have a ruling in due course.”

doctorvee adds: “Martin Whitmarsh was not asked if there were any radio conversations. But he chose to omit this information regardless. The BBC’s viewers were left with the impression that Jarno Trulli had passed Lewis Hamilton of his own accord, not having been invited to do so. This version of events is very similar to the one we are led to understand was relayed to the stewards.

This would seem to suggest that very soon after the end of the race, a version of events — the official McLaren party line, as it were — was constructed. This is the version of events that Martin Whitmarsh gave to Ted Kravitz and the BBC’s viewers. “

His conclusion from all this is that the line presented by Davy Ryan in the stewards room was the team’s party line, not the act of a ‘rogue employee’, as it is now being presented. The significance of this is that the FIA WMSC will seek to analyse the degree to which others in the team were involved.

Whitmarsh shows that he is eager to secure the third place. But the word ‘ordinarily’ is the one that catches my eye here, it shows that a degree of reflection is taking place, but also that there may be extenuating circumstances. It almost invites a sub clause in brackets, such as …(unless invited to do so…)

What do you think?

Meanwhile the FIA has released some more information on the second stewards’ hearing in Sepang, which appears to show Hamilton and Ryan sticking to their line that Trulli passed without invitation, despite being played recordings of both the original radio traffic and Hamilton’s post race interview, where it is quite clear he had understood that the team was telling him to let Trulli through.

Sounds like a smoking gun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BrainPain wrote:
THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN THE DRIVERS WERENT COWARDS. NOW THE DRIVERS ARE TOO AFRAID TO SETTLE THIS ON TRACK OR ON THEIR OWN, THEY NEED TO BE PUSSIES TO GO TO THE STEWARDS AND HAVE OTHERS DECIDE FOR THEM. BACK IN THE DAYS TROLLI AND HAMILTON WOULD HAVE GONE TO A BAR AND GOT DRUNK AND FIGHT ABOUT THAT EXTRA POINT, NOT RUN TO THE STEWARDS LIKE PUSSIES.

You fail at being funny. You also fail at writing a decent post for once.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2879 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1140 141 142 143 144 Next