TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2879 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1138 139 140 141 142144 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 am 
Head Muppet

ChiliFan wrote:
Evenstar wrote:
I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's fucking it! what a joke. Great role model you are, Lulu.

you know what makes a great role model

someone who shoves photographers and children and passes out in bars

we should all be like that

Fuck the children. They get too much damned attention as it is anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:21 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Dave Ryan has apparently been suspended by McLaren over this

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:33 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

I honestly don't know what to make of all this. I really wish that I could though.

Everyone involved is guilty of something, the FIA being more guilty than just about everyone purely because of their appalling way of dealing with stuff. There shouldn't have been any penalties to start off with now that we know Lewis actually let Trulli past.

Once the FIA decided, for some unknown reason, to start changing results etc, why didn't they make sure they had copies of radio transcripts and assembled all the evidence needed to carry out issuing a penalty in a fair and just manner?

Granted, McLaren could have been alot more honest about how Trulli got past Hamilton. But surely it is the FIA's job to ensure that any penalties handed out (and boy do they like handing them out) are based on all the evidence and information that they could possibly muster, therefore leaving teams with little room for half-truths, invented truths and blatant lies. It's a shame that the FIA are only answerable to themselves because the way they've handled several situations lately is attrocious. Who watches the watchmen?

It's a shame that Dave Ryan is looking like losing his job over this, as it was a situation that really should never have arisen in the first place.

I hope to god that the FIA leave it at this now and move on. I think any other penalties/suspensions/exclusions would be far too excessive. Lets hope that the FIA have learned from this and McLaren too, who really seem to have had a monopoly on controvesy over the last few years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well this is all very poor - at first McLaren come out and say there was no implication Lewis and Dave Ryan lied, merely that there was miscommunication with the stewards. And then it emerges that they basically did lie. Which means McLaren lied again to cover their original lie. Not good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is crazy. What pathetic behaviour by McLaren here. Anyone reckon Hamilton was a pawn in all of this?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

I really have no idea. Part of me wants him to be, simply because if he's not, then he's hardly a good ambassador to the sport.

And yes, McLaren have behaved in a less than professional manner and really shouldn't have started lying. But, the FIA should never have given them a chance to.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea keep blaming FIA for everything. You can say nothing would have happened had Mclaren told the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:48 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

I'm not blaming them for everything, McLaren are in no way innocent and have made what was a bad situation much worse for themselves. The FIA never asked them to lie, they did that of their own accord for whatever reason. Probably because they thought they could get away with it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:17 pm 

Location: Stuttgart, Germany___ [joined TBK: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:49 pm, had 1736 posts]
Schumack wrote:
Yea keep blaming FIA for everything. You can say nothing would have happened had Mclaren told the truth.

I think you can shut up eventually. When it comes to lying your idol is probably the king of all cheaters. Starting with his first WDC...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:25 pm 

Schumack wrote:

Exactly. Nobody obliged McLaren to lie, they did that on their own accord, and got penalized for it. And about Hamilton being just a pawn; the man can think for himself and nobody can force you to lie, still regardless of that he lied. So all in all they deserved the penalty, IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:44 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Quote:
Hamilton apologises for 'huge mistake'

By Jonathan Noble Friday, April 3rd 2009, 10:12 GMT

Lewis HamiltonLewis Hamilton has apologised to the FIA stewards and to his fans for what he has called a 'huge mistake' in how he handled post-race events at the Australian Grand Prix.

The Briton was disqualified from the Melbourne race after the stewards deemed he and his McLaren team had 'deliberately misled' them about a radio conversation that took place after he had got past Toyota driver Jarno Trulli behind the safety car.

Hamilton says he was advised by McLaren sporting director Dave Ryan not to mention that he had been ordered to let Trulli overtake him. That decision has resulted in Ryan being suspended from the team.

Clearly emotional about his involvement in the events, Hamilton called a press conference in the media centre at Sepang on Friday to apologise for all that happened.

"In Melbourne, I had a great race. As soon as I got out the car I had the television interviews at the back of the garage, and straight away I gave them a good account of what happened during the race," said Hamilton.

"Straight after that we were requested by the stewards, and while waiting for the stewards I was instructed and misled by my team manager to withhold information, and that is what I did.

"I sincerely apologise to the stewards for wasting their time and for making them look silly. I am very, very sorry for the situation: for my team, for Dave because he has been a good member of the team for many years, and whilst I don't think it was his intention or...he is a good guy.

"I went into the meeting, I had no intention of...I just wanted to tell the story and say what happened. I was misled and that is the way it went. I would like to say a big sorry to all my fans who have believed in me, who have supported me for years, who I showed who I am for the past three years, and it is who I am. I am not a liar. I am not a dishonest person. I am a team player.

"Every time I have been informed to do something I have done it. This time I realise it was a huge mistake and I am learning from it. It has taken a huge toll on me. I apologise to you guys, I didn't speak to you yesterday, but there was a lot to take in and a lot to deal with. I am here to apologise to everyone and I assure you it won't happen again."

Hamilton, who received applause by a number of journalists at the end of the short press conference, said that only he and Ryan had been involved in the decision to withhold information from the FIA.

The world champion reckoned the situation he found himself in now was the worst he had faced in his career.

"I've never felt so bad," he said. "Try and put yourself in my position and understand that, like I said, I am not a liar. I have not gone through my life being a liar or dishonest. And so for people to say I am dishonest and for the world to think that....what can I say?

He added: "For me, the situation is definitely the worst thing I've experienced in my life. That is why I am here. It is right for me as a human being and as a man to stand in front of you all and tell you exactly what went on and put up my hands. I cannot tell you how sorry I am. I'm sorry to my team and my family for the embarrassment. It is a very, very embarrassing situation."

When asked if he was concerned about the possibility of further action being taken against him and McLaren by the FIA, he said: "I am sure the FIA will act accordingly and in the right way. I don't know what else is going to happen in the future. For me now, I have to focus on the race and try to move forward from this, learn from it and grow."

for the people who still think the DQ was a bit harsh... I hope you can change your mind now. He wouldn't apologize otherwise.

"I was misled" ... but surely he knew that what he was knowing was the right thing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

docronzo wrote:
Schumack wrote:

I think you can shut up eventually. When it comes to lying your idol is probably the king of all cheaters. Starting with his first WDC...

cry me a river :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:50 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Alonso: "It's not first time that Mclaren lies"

"It remembered me 2007 season. It's not the first time they meet stewards, it's not the first time they lie to the stewards and soon or later they had to be punished. Of course I lost the championship by one point and racing at Hungaroring they made me a dirty trick"

Link

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:51 pm 

ouch :p

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lewis would be far better off finding another team now that Ron has retired.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What a load of bullshit, if the FIA hadn't investigated the incident in the first place there would have been no problems. It's only when the stupid stewards wanted to hear an explanation Dave Ryan saw a way to get an extra point. So what, everybody lies every day. The stewards should have just checked the radio communication and then make a decission (none, because no one was at fault on the track).

In Indycar or Nascar these things are solved during the race, when a car is not in correct position under a safety car situation the race director puts them in the good order. But in F1 we have this amateur called charlie whiting, who sends out a safety car 3 laps too late when a crashed car is allready cleared from the circuit (Nakajima).

I'm not saying that what Mclaren did is right, but to me it is blown way out of proportion and this should be settled in private and not in the media because it's not good for F1 (after a fantastic opening race)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:54 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Anyone watched the FIA conference with Lewis about the incident involving him & Trulli ?

Lewis is almost crying. :o

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:54 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I WILL NEVER TRUST A LIAR. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Last edited by chetishappy on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:59 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

chetishappy wrote:
I WILL NEVER TRUST A LAIR.

Because you never know what might be in it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2879 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1138 139 140 141 142144 Next