TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 152 53 54 55 56
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

christian maybe if you leave the 0 votes out of the end result it would help to get the right number in the end

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:27 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

chimp wrote:
Guys at Clip The Apex forum counted 70 passes in the race.

After just 4 races this season we already had 156 passes, whole 2009 season had 244 passes 8O

Thanks for mentioning that place, can spend hours reading thru those kinda stats ect, I no longer have a boring day... :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

aerogi wrote:
Where is the time he could make a 'lesser' car better than the 'best' car?

It did take him 4 years at Ferrari to win a WDC and make the team competitive and now you expect him to do that in only four races? Maybe you are right on the rest though, but I still do not dare saying his comeback was wrong until mid/end of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He was right on it when he joined Ferrari but they had terrible reliability, especially mid season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brod wrote:
aerogi wrote:
Where is the time he could make a 'lesser' car better than the 'best' car?

It did take him 4 years at Ferrari to win a WDC and make the team competitive and now you expect him to do that in only four races? Maybe you are right on the rest though, but I still do not dare saying his comeback was wrong until mid/end of the season.

you forgot the car he is driving in won the world championship last year ;)
I think that should be a pretty good base :p

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:10 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

And he won the WDC in 2004 with a dominant car and then could only watch the Renaults lapping him the year after. Things change quickly in formula 1 and every season is different and the Brawn was only that good in 2009 because they started testing and developing very early. This year all top teams started with similar material and data, therefore it was never guaranteed the car would be as quick again. So I really think we should wait until mid season, because the teams will have new parts on their cars and that might change things a little bit in favor of Michael/Mercedes. But of course the question is if Michael can develop too, not only the car.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

5 live uploaded some pics of their Nice-Calais journey. http://www.flickr.com/photos/48393834@N07/page3/

Remember that the French speed limit on autoroutes is 130km/h... :p

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Brod wrote:
And he won the WDC in 2004 with a dominant car and then could only watch the Renaults lapping him the year after. Things change quickly in formula 1 and every season is different and the Brawn was only that good in 2009 because they started testing and developing very early. This year all top teams started with similar material and data, therefore it was never guaranteed the car would be as quick again. So I really think we should wait until mid season, because the teams will have new parts on their cars and that might change things a little bit in favor of Michael/Mercedes. But of course the question is if Michael can develop too, not only the car.

The Mercedes is arguably the third-best car on the grid at any given time, if not the second-best.

Michael is just slow right now, for whatever reason. Rosberg has his number, and no-one had been rating him at all since the middle of 2007. We may get back to the European circuits and find that he's back on his old form, or he may stumble through the rest of the year fighting with the Renaults, the Force Indias and so on for a few points. We don't know. What I will say is that, regardless of what happens between now and November, I believe he'll finish the season.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

just watching the BBc broadcast.
The Pit battle between Vetel and Hamilton was fucking awsome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
RtN wrote:
Brod wrote:

The Mercedes is arguably the third-best car on the grid at any given time, if not the second-best

Wrong.

According to pace, it goes Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Rosberg, Renault/FI then Schumacher.

On pure pace alone, you are exactly right, but there has not been a race yet decided on pure pace alone. Rosberg has podiumed in the past 2 races while Michael has been absent in relation. He has been able to take advantage of the opportunities presented to him whereas Michael has not. This season so far is worse for Michael than, say, 1996, because at least in 1996 he was able to dismantle Irvine.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

To me it seems the Mercedes is the 4th best car.

A bit what Honda have been able to do the previous seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

very good race, but had lack of fight for the victory itself for the most part of the race.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 152 53 54 55 56