TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 812 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 41 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont think so, i reckon Vettel is ahead.

But Webber will be the one to beat at Silverstone, he likes that track.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:25 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah it certainly wasn't good, but personally I didn't think it was any worse than the Spanish GP.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:42 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

although piquet's pass on LH was very good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:47 am 
Way to go Jenson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know others may be finding this years title rce boring but I don't, and for a few reasons...
1. After all the hardships he's gone through, Jenson deserves this opportunity and I certainly don't find it boring watching him drive so beautifully and (missing 3 apexes apart) not making a mistake.
He is driving beautifully and people should be apluading his craft and enjoy seeing such artistry.

2. Yes others could do as good a job as him blah blah blah but christ, they were saying that about Lewis, Alonso in 2005/2006, and many seperate occasions before. The point is this though - Rubens has had the same car and while that little bit of luck that you always need hasn't been there for him as much as Jenson this year, JB hasn't run into people, spun and lost places etc etc...

3. Vettel is only 21 and in a very good car but he does make quite a few mistakes quite often and though he is a fast qualifier, Webber's experience has shone through and when you take into account that the Aussie is still recovering from a broken leg, his results and speed compared to Vettel are VERY impressive.
Just a quick thought, remember Button's first season in F1 in 2000? He was only 20 (same as Vettel I believe in his first year) yet in my opinion, Jenson performed better. SO exactly how good is Vettel and how good will he become?

4. Ferrari and McLaren both struggling to gain performance and I personally find it fantastic!!!!!
I love Ferrari and like Lewis a lot and though it would be great to see them battling with Button, I find it brilliant that they aren't.
McLaren lapped again? Wow!

In 2002 when no one was near him through the entire race, Michael Schumacher delivered a majestic drive at Spa. It was just a simple case of a gifted driver, in the fastest car, in the zone, and untouchable.
Histoy simply repeated itself yesterday afternoon in Istanbul...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:38 am 

Kimi for not eating an ice cream. :flag:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Button, although Webber did a great jobs; as did Trulli and Rosberg. Nakajima didn't do too badly although Piquet only overtook Hamilton for 16th...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:11 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I wasn't able to watch the race live yesterday but I taped it and I didn't hear the result before I saw it all.

I must say it was a pain to watch this race... The only highlight for me was Jake Humphrey almost getting run over in the pitlane :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I couldn't watch the race due to my flight, but apparently I didn't miss a lot. Somehow I even predicted it, and didn't even try to watch the replay :p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:41 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

scotty wrote:
kals wrote:
farruquito wrote:
4. They missed lot of pit stops and what happened to Kimi during the first lap, when he lost two positions (Alonso and Kubica)

4 - They also missed how Webber got ahead of Trulli and how Rosberg passed Massa on the first lap.

They showed that during the post race interviews. Trulli did the same thing as Vettel, except never made the first part of the corner.

That's late. Spanish TV always ends transmission after top3 interviews. So I missed it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:41 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rosberg :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:42 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I found it quite boring (gave it a 5) but I don't understand why this race should be given a 0 or 1. Barrichello made the race interesting in the first part and Piquet had a very nice move on Hamilton. Next to that there was some other overtaking, though not much. Just too bad that we didn't see a real fight between Vettel and Button.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:43 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Nakajima, I think he deserves another vote. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:07 pm 

Location: Stuttgart, Germany___ [joined TBK: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:49 pm, had 1736 posts]
Ralentier slow! = 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:20 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

is a bit dramatic, it really wasn't that bad. 5.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:27 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Glock. Good race from him

About Button, I was thinking about it this way: "He hasn't made any mistakes during the race, so he was not driving on the limit. In that case, how can he be the best driver of the race? He was just relaxing in the car."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:30 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

You guys are dramatising about this race. It is not the worst race ever, it is not the worst race this season.

Personally, I didn't think it was TOO bad. A 5 from me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
the Brazilian, who says he loves Button as a person but hates him as a driver, plans to hit the Formula One leader where it hurts most - in front of the Briton's home fans at Silverstone next week.

"I don't want to just win the race. I want a hat-trick there. I want everything. I want fastest lap, I want pole position," the 37-year-old told reporters after his failure to finish Sunday's race left him 26 points adrift of Button.

"It just takes one second (to turn things around).

"With all my experience, I am very cool. Right now I am pissed off with the situation but tomorrow is another day, Silverstone is a great track for me and I will go there and try to win the race," he added.

"It is almost like a Michael kind of thing, because things are opening right in front of him without much of a problem so it's really good for him," said Barrichello, whose race was destroyed by a clutch problem at the start on Sunday.

The Brazilian, who was third at Silverstone last year for Brawn's predecessors Honda, refused to give up hope, however.

"I cannot see him (Button) running away. I cannot see that because we were so fair and square for all the three years together. One year he was better and the other year I was better," he said.

"So I don't see him better now and winning every race this season. At some point there will be a drop and I want to be there to conquer."

"Both of us went into Ross's office and just put the case to him and said that both drivers wanted to be free to race," Barrichello said.

"It was very good from Jenson, from me, from Ross. It was different in my Ferrari times.

"Until mathematically it is (over), it is (open). Tomorrow is another day."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:25 pm 
2012 TBK-Light Fantasy Football Champion
2012 TBK-Light Fantasy Football Champion

Schumack wrote:
Quote:
the Brazilian, who says he loves Button as a person but hates him as a driver, plans to hit the Formula One leader where it hurts most - in front of the Briton's home fans at Silverstone next week.

"I don't want to just win the race. I want a hat-trick there. I want everything. I want fastest lap, I want pole position," the 37-year-old told reporters after his failure to finish Sunday's race left him 26 points adrift of Button.

"It just takes one second (to turn things around).

"With all my experience, I am very cool. Right now I am pissed off with the situation but tomorrow is another day, Silverstone is a great track for me and I will go there and try to win the race," he added.

"It is almost like a Michael kind of thing, because things are opening right in front of him without much of a problem so it's really good for him," said Barrichello, whose race was destroyed by a clutch problem at the start on Sunday.

The Brazilian, who was third at Silverstone last year for Brawn's predecessors Honda, refused to give up hope, however.

"I cannot see him (Button) running away. I cannot see that because we were so fair and square for all the three years together. One year he was better and the other year I was better," he said.

"So I don't see him better now and winning every race this season. At some point there will be a drop and I want to be there to conquer."

"Both of us went into Ross's office and just put the case to him and said that both drivers wanted to be free to race," Barrichello said.

"It was very good from Jenson, from me, from Ross. It was different in my Ferrari times.

"Until mathematically it is (over), it is (open). Tomorrow is another day."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rubens :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:42 pm 
Tobias wrote:
I must say it was a pain to watch this race... The only highlight for me was Jake Humphrey almost getting run over in the pitlane :lol:

+1, I hope Eddie is the next one. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:30 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Seems they have smart fans in Turkey.

Quote:
With a capability of holding 130,000 people, the Istanbul venue sold just 36,000 full weekend tickets in 2009, the lowest of the circuit's five-year F1 history; infact, the low led organisers to covering a number of the brightly covered grandstands with black fabric in order to mask the low attendances in the background of television pictures.

And drivers want them to cut prices, "There was no one here'' lol

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/06/ ... et-prices/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 812 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 41 Next