TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:09 pm 
Could be Toyota, their employees do have a history of attempting to get a hold of Ferrari data.

Whoever it was, it's grossly immoral and, if it wasn't such a blight on F1 in general, utterly hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:11 pm 
ixnay wrote:
The team wanted detailed photos of the Ferrari and the BMW. The team is not McLaren. With McLaren being a top 2 team it suggests the team asking already has enough info on McLaren.

So I'd say it's definitely the French team.

It's not Renault because they were involved in spycase in 2007.

I think it's Toyota.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:10 pm 

Magnifico wrote:
While Davidson is just rubbish

Yeah Davidson is rubbish as your knowledge...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:02 pm 

Yaamboo wrote:
He doesn't enlarge them, he has sources to get them at original size ;)

:thumbsup:
Barre wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
Barre how do you enlarge pictures without losing quality?

That's impossible :)

That's what I thought, the thing is that I got impressed with the Senna photos. Well, I'm a moron sometimes, of course it's impossible, is needed more pixels than the image actually has.
Do you have photos like that from all drivers? don't worry I'll not request any. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've added the testing details for every test until Monza. I'll add the Jerez test details when I get some spare time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:48 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

MaTT wrote:
Well, Renault and Honda were both involved in last year's spy thing if you remember - Stepney was trying to go to Honda with Coughlan, whilst Renault were supposed to have had the data second time around.

I reckon it's Toyota.

RedBull and Spyker had their own spy story too which got forgotten within minutes for unkown reasons.

so Honda v Toyota imo :p

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

matthew wrote:
MaTT wrote:
Well, Renault and Honda were both involved in last year's spy thing if you remember - Stepney was trying to go to Honda with Coughlan, whilst Renault were supposed to have had the data second time around.

I reckon it's Toyota.

RedBull and Spyker had their own spy story too which got forgotten within minutes for unkown reasons.

so Honda v Toyota imo :p

wasn't that at the same time as the mclaren and ferrari spy issue?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:08 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

no. that was earlier, back in malaysia. Spyker stole classified RBR information and used them as evidence to their customer car argument. FIA didnt bother. but anyhow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

matthew wrote:
no. that was earlier, back in malaysia. Spyker stole classified RBR information and used them as evidence to their customer car argument. FIA didnt bother. but anyhow.

Oh, i should of known, i was in malaysia when it happened, i remember now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:14 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

managed to dig up an article about that... http://www.forumula1.net/2007/f1/f1-new ... ign-theft/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:45 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

MaTT wrote:

I reckon it's Toyota.

This is true. But I think the article was trying to be more specific towards the Ferrari vs. McLaren issue as McLaren weren't named as someone of interest to this team. So I feel the Renault and Honda parts were part of a spying issue but not the spying issue of main interest.

But it's probably some team we'd least expect. Red Bull? Newey knows the McLaren pretty well and even the future cars appear to take elements of his design. Parts of his design team are still within the company carrying his steps. So it would be plausible for the team to possibly be Red Bull as they ignored details on the McLaren.

I feel the McLaren absence is a key part. I can't see it being Toyota due to this. You'd want McLaren info if you are looking at BMW and Ferrari in a shady context. But this team ignored McLaren. Why? McLaren are title contenders and have been for many years... surely the team has details on the McLaren from the past or is familiar with their build schemes (in the case of RBR).

Just my opinion.

EDIT: I'm going to rest my money on the Red Bull team, actually. Seems perfectly logical based on the hinting used in the article.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:01 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Yaamboo wrote:
He doesn't enlarge them, he has sources to get them at original size ;)

:thumbsup:
Barre wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
Barre how do you enlarge pictures without losing quality?

That's impossible :)

That's what I thought, the thing is that I got impressed with the Senna photos. Well, I'm a moron sometimes, of course it's impossible, is needed more pixels than the image actually has.
Do you have photos like that from all drivers? don't worry I'll not request any. ;)

Yeah mean pics from drivers from the past like Senna? No. And the Senna pics are HQ scans btw.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Francesc wrote:
Magnifico wrote:

:D :D Touched a nerve maybe? A man who was rejected for 5 years by Honda of all teams and then beaten quite handsmely by Takuma who scored ALL of Super Aguri's points in their F1 History. He is nowt special at all.

In simple terms which you can understand. Go fuck yourself Francesc your one of the more annoying members on these boards. At least provide a reasoned argument than insulting me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Magnifico wrote:
Nick88 wrote:
di Grassi is pants, why do people think he's good? He's got lucky

Pantano, Sato or Davidson for STR!

Coming into GP2 and on average out scoring the Championship Contenders despite doing 6 less races? He had the same amount of points as Senna IIRC! He would have stormed to a title with ease this year.
Doesnt say much for Pantano or Senna.

Sato is :thumbsup: While Davidson is just rubbish

Although it has to be said that Di Grassi did pretty much all of the testing with the new car, compared to everyone else who got very little time. IIRC, all the other teams had to give permission for Campos to run LdG.

But he will deserve the Renault seat if Alonso moves on.

And, yes, Davidson is rubbish. Hasn't done a thing for 8 years, and winning the FFord championship isn't that hard- just go round slowly enough to keep it on the racetrack.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:09 pm 

Magnifico wrote:
Francesc wrote:
Magnifico wrote:

:D :D Touched a nerve maybe? A man who was rejected for 5 years by Honda of all teams and then beaten quite handsmely by Takuma who scored ALL of Super Aguri's points in their F1 History. He is nowt special at all.

In simple terms which you can understand. Go fuck yourself Francesc your one of the more annoying members on these boards. At least provide a reasoned argument than insulting me

overreaction police!! :eyecrazy:

:cry:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:46 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Magnifico wrote:

:ohmy: lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:39 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

I might not go as far as Magnifico, but I have similiar sentiments towards Davidson. I was flicking through an old magazine recently and he was rated as the 7th most talented on the 2007 grid. He's certainly got something, but I've never seen this wonderful skill that some others must have seen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hes been a pretty unlucky driver, having to be test driver for 5 years must of been annoying for him, but he did show some good pace in 2007, and sometimes did out-pace takuma. But i think Takuma is a better driver, Takuma has a chance at STR, but i think maybe Buemi will get it. And for Davidson, i think Davidson wont be in F1 again (as a driver, maybe a test driver somewhere).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:34 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I think the real point is that francesc is one of the worst members of this forum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
Nick88 wrote:
di Grassi is pants, why do people think he's good? He's got lucky

Pantano, Sato or Davidson for STR!

Coming into GP2 and on average out scoring the Championship Contenders despite doing 6 less races? He had the same amount of points as Senna IIRC! He would have stormed to a title with ease this year.
Doesnt say much for Pantano or Senna.

Sato is :thumbsup: While Davidson is just rubbish

Although it has to be said that Di Grassi did pretty much all of the testing with the new car, compared to everyone else who got very little time. IIRC, all the other teams had to give permission for Campos to run LdG.

But he will deserve the Renault seat if Alonso moves on.

And, yes, Davidson is rubbish. Hasn't done a thing for 8 years, and winning the FFord championship isn't that hard- just go round slowly enough to keep it on the racetrack.

I was Just wondering, Say if Alonso went to BMW or Honda, and if Piquet Jr got kicked out of Renault, I would say Di Grassi would get in, but who would get the 2nd seat? I was think Grosjean because he is a Renault Test driver aswell right? Or does anyone else think someone else has a chance?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next