TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:05 pm 

Quote:
Argentina gestiona recuperar la organización de un Gran Premio de Fórmula Uno, que se disputó por última vez en Buenos Aires en 1998, admitió el jefe del Gabinete de ministros del gobierno, Sergio Massa.
"Estamos hablando con Argentina", dijo esta semana en Montecarlo Bernie Ecclestone, el patrón de la Fórmula Uno, y Massa confirmó al diario Crítica, de Buenos Aires, que existen conversaciones al respecto. "Sí, estamos intentando traer a la Fórmula Uno", dijo el ministro.
"Nos gustaría mucho que la Fórmula Uno viniese a Mar del Plata, aunque no hay nada concreto, ninguna información oficial más allá de los trascendidos", declaró al periódico el alcalde de esa ciudad bonaerense, Gustavo Pulti, ante las versiones según las cuales la competición tendría como escenario un circuito urbano de la localidad situada a 400 kilómetros al sur de la capital argentina.
Según Crítica, el ingeniero Hermann Tilcke, que renovó los circuitos de la F-1 de Shangai, China, y de Fuji, en Japón, estuvo hace dos semanas en Mar del Plata para elaborar un proyecto de circuito.

Bernie Ecclestone told the press at Monaco that they are negociating with Argentina, to host a race in the future. Maybe can be host at Mar del Plata (in a street circuit) or in Potrero de los funes (in the FIA GT circuit)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The FIAGT circuit would be pretty epic. And the safety looked okay with the big run off areas during the FIAGT race, with some little tweeks it should be prettu much F1 standard. It isn't any worser in terms of safety than a Valancia our Singapore.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:36 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

WOW 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:56 am 

Quote:
"Nos gustaría mucho que la Fórmula Uno viniese a Mar del Plata, aunque no hay nada concreto, ninguna información oficial más allá de los trascendidos",

There it says that there is nothing concrete so well...Is like in México, year after year there are rumors that F1 is coming back but I've learned not to believe until I see it happen (even when the Mexican GP was officialy in the 2006 calendar, it was a farse)...

But yeah, a comeback to Latin-America would be great...And Potrro would be a great track.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd rather see races in Argentina, Mexico, the US and Canada than in asia (like we have now at the start and end of the season). These races are at a much better time for european viewers (prime time) and the tracks are better than shanghai, fuji or sepang.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fish88 wrote:
The FIAGT circuit would be pretty epic. And the safety looked okay with the big run off areas during the FIAGT race, with some little tweeks it should be prettu much F1 standard. It isn't any worser in terms of safety than a Valancia our Singapore.

or Monaco ;) but I saw the St Luis circuit (i think) and was astonished, its epic

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

that would be very nice, too bad we'd have to wait for quite a while

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's a great circuit and a great scenery, but i don't think that F1 could really put on a good show there (in terms of racing quality).

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

If they go there, I don't want them to go to a street circuit. There are too much of them then, I have that feeling already this year.
That FIA GT circuit would be marvellous :D

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wow, that track in that pic looks amazing, id definatly want a race there! :ohmy:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:18 pm 
Claymann wrote:
Wow, that track in that pic looks amazing, id definatly want a race there! :ohmy:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just read that there are talks with Ecclestone to get the race in Potrero de los Funes.

Also, i've read that it's confirmed that the new FIA GT1 series will race there last year and that later this year, during the TC2000 weekend at the track, there will be a Formula 1 car (probably a Toro Rosso) testing at the track to evaluate it in order to get the homologation needed to host an F1 race.