TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12093 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6605 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:59 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Not quite F1 related, but Ecclestone is trying to save Saab, along with Genii who are involved with the Renault team:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8447365.stm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IceMan wrote:
Not quite F1 related, but Ecclestone is trying to save Saab, along with Genii who are involved with the Renault team:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8447365.stm

Slightly OT I know but SAAB messed up try to have too broard a model/derivative range...
Instead of just cutting it back to core models they went off in too many different directions.. And then fitted the cars with Dame Edna Everage glasses...
GM are being greedy trying to sell a loss making company.. Should give it away to try and keep the brand and the jobs going.. The issue for GM is they want it gone and don't want any caveats hanging over them with regards to engine/parts and technology supply as that will mean they will still have investment still tied up in SAAB in the form of parts supply infrastructure... But anyone handing over moneywill want that.. Nope GM should give it away and tell the new owners " you can have it but bugger off to Germany, France or Italy for your engines and technology"....... And that's where the link to Renault might work...

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Flavio's Lawyer:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80764
Quote:
Up to now Briatore has accepted to save the team, but he will never accept his name to be linked to a cheat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anyone heard Lewis ? :D :D
Quote:
"I definitely didn't blame myself for the year that I missed out," Hamilton said in an interview with McLaren team sponsor Johnnie Walker. "My first season in Formula 1, alongside a World Champion - a double World Champion - and I blew him away. I beat him.

"No-one's ever come in their first year and been at the front, let alone beat a World Champion, beat the mentality and the strength that he would have and his experience in Formula 1 already up to that point."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-new ... n-on-2007/

Such cockiness is good from time to time :p

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, but it is kinda true.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:44 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Schumack wrote:
Quote:
"I definitely didn't blame myself for the year that I missed out," Hamilton said in an interview with McLaren team sponsor Johnnie Walker. "My first season in Formula 1, alongside a World Champion - a double World Champion - and I blew him away. I beat him.

"No-one's ever come in their first year and been at the front, let alone beat a World Champion, beat the mentality and the strength that he would have and his experience in Formula 1 already up to that point."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-new ... n-on-2007/

Such cockiness is good from time to time :p

Lewis Hamilton is the world's biggest faggot, spewing lies.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How is he lying and how does that make him a faggott? Seems a harsh response to his comments to be honest.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rookie vs. 2 time World Champion. He crushed him during the season, only to close the gap in points by making ROOKIE mistakes towards the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Agree :thumbsup: But then again Hamilton should have been crushed by Alonso throughout the season.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:12 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

How did Hamilton crush Alonso ? :ohmy:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:30 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I would say it was very close some tracks hamilton was faster and some Alonso for a rookie he was sensational, Alonso didnt get along with the team and tried some dirty tricks Hamilton had full team backing and had nothing to lose beating Alonso by 1 point is not crushing but he did beat him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'll say what I said on another forum and add to it.

Hamilton did better than Alonso in 2007. Even if the team were favouring the rookie, Alonso should have acted with the responsibility and maturity that comes from being a double champion.
Hamilton slid off in Nurburgring at the point when Turn 1 was a lake and catching everyone out. In Fuji he was brilliant whilst Alonso got himself involved in scrapes, whilst he actually aided Alonso in Malaysia by defending against the Ferraris and he was not favoured by the team in Monaco when he could have easily challenged Alonso.

I shall never forget James Allen after Fuji saying 'That was the drive of a champion'. Dick.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hamilton definitely did not blow him away. There were plenty of weekends where Hamilton was faster and plenty of weekends where Alonso was faster. Was a really tight contest as shown by the fact they finished on the same number of points, but Alonso obviously was not comfortable with his surroundings and lost his head sometime during the latter stages of the season. Right now I'd say Hamilton is marginally the better driver but back then when Lewis was a rookie they were probably just about equal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:11 pm 

Alex wrote:
Hamilton definitely did not blow him away. There were plenty of weekends where Hamilton was faster and plenty of weekends where Alonso was faster. Was a really tight contest as shown by the fact they finished on the same number of points, but Alonso obviously was not comfortable with his surroundings and lost his head sometime during the latter stages of the season. Right now I'd say Hamilton is marginally the better driver but back then when Lewis was a rookie they were probably just about equal.

I still believe Alonso is a better driver overall, but purely on speed Hamilton is the better one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I didn't like Hamilton that much at all when he came in (because he is a Mclaren driver heh). But i do have to admit he did a great 1st season, especially when your team-mate is Alonso. But i do believe that Mclaren wasn't right for Alonso. He just seemed out of touch and didn't really see the same guy as we saw in 2004-2006 at Renault. Overall i believe Alonso is the better driver, but Hamilton is no mean feat. Alonso will be good in a Ferrari, i can see it coming.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumack wrote:
Quote:

Oh Yeah he completely blew him away and finished on the same number of points! Arrogant Twat

Schumack wrote:
Quote:

Jacques Villeneuve?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I like Lewis, especially after 2009, but it's unfortunate that he comes up with comments like these again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:58 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80780

Quote:
A1GP boss Tony Teixeira has been linked with a deal to buy into the new Campos Grand Prix team, with the Spanish outfit considering options to bring in outside investors....

plz prey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bernie was right about Campos then...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Campos is screwed...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12093 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6605 Next