TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 3944 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:36 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mercedes are so competitive that they've decided Red Bull are getting too many off-track shenanigan related headlines so they gotta get some for themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:40 pm 

I mean, surely the most important thing in a defamation case (apart from the alleged specific defamatory statements themselves) is who they are directed at? If the FIA statement mentions no names, then...?

I will admit, I am not a lawyer or have any real knowledge of legal systems, but the above seems pretty fundamental to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stephano Domenicalli is rubbing his hands together with glee while letting out a Monty Burns "eeexxxccceeellleeennnttt"

Unless there is a whole lot that hasn't been reported (and there probably is), how can you file a criminal complaint against someone for what I presume is libel/defimation if you haven't been named or blatantly pointed out? And this is as far as I am aware of the only publically released statement from the FIA about the launching of the investigation.

"The FIA is aware of media speculation centred on the allegation of information of a confidential nature being passed to an F1 team principal from a member of FOM personnel. The FIA Compliance Department is looking into the matter"

Does that smack of libel and defemation? That actually sounds like an organisation that is doing its job to be honest. If media reports are circulating that confidential information was being passed along, then it would be NEGLIGIBLE of the FIA to not investigate it. I'm sure that this probably happens a lot to be honest. Was their mistake in actually reporting it???? Feels like the Wolff's are trying to sue for the......impliaction. That is a massive bar to cross.

I just wanted an excuse to post that Always Sunny clip :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Person A: I suspect you did something wrong and I am going to investigate it.
Person B: none of the accusations are correct.
Person A: indeed, I will no longer investigate it.
Person B: I´m going to sue you for even thinking of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Person A: I suspect you did something wrong and I am going to investigate it.
Person A: indeed, I will no longer investigate it.
Person B: I´m going to sue you for even thinking of it.

actually its more like

Person A: I suspect a top level employee did something wrong and I am going to investigate it.
Person A: whut? I never mentioned you! Anyways, we found no wrong doings so will stop further investigation.
Person B: I'm going to sue you for even thinking of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I still believe this is a small chapter on a even bigger story that might unfold lately

all a power struggle between the money hungry teams/Liberty and the power hungry rule enforcers who want to create turmoil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:55 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I think a less TBK interpretation of everything that has gone on is that Ben Sulyam is a wild card that acts without thinking and makes baseless accusations without thinking of the consequences for those he points the finger at

Susie Wolf got weeks and weeks of negative press and hounding on social media without ever actually doing anything wrong at all?
Just the FIA putting out a vauge statement about the Wolfs being investigated due to the complaints of another team (when each team immediately put out their own statement that they hadn't complained to the FIA)

That sort of thing is textbook defemation of character.

Why "the fia" suddenly went on the attack like this remains to be seen....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:14 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Just the FIA putting out a vauge statement about the Wolfs being investigated due to the complaints of another team (when each team immediately put out their own statement that they hadn't complained to the FIA)

That sort of thing is textbook defemation of character.

Did you read the FIA statement? It did not mention her, or anyone specifically. How can it be defamatory if it is not accusing someone directly? By her logic, anyone who is an "F1 team principal" or a "member of FOM personnel" has the same grounds to take legal action against the FIA.

If she got "negative press" and "hounding" on social media, then she needs to take legal action against those responsible for assuming it was her and knowingly spreading rumours without sufficient evidence.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If the simple act of confirming that someone is formally under investigation is defamatory, then I expect Horner to sue Mintzlaff for confirming to van Hagen that he was being investigated by Red Bull.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

NZ media are saying that if Ricciardo doesn't step up, Lawson will replace him by Miami.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

amq55 wrote:
NZ media are saying that if Ricciardo doesn't step up, Lawson will replace him by Miami.

Dutch tv reported the same

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kinda saw that coming as it's been building. But yikes, that's even less time than I expected. I figured they'd give him until at least mid-season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Remember when people were questioning if Tsunoda should still be in the team...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
Kinda saw that coming as it's been building. But yikes, that's even less time than I expected. I figured they'd give him until at least mid-season.

I honestly expected him to stay all season purely because of marketability. Regardless of his results he is still popular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ricciardo will lose FP1 at Suzuka to Iwasa, which probably isn't going to help.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:34 pm 

I asked the same thing about Bearman, what is the hype around Lawson? He barely outscored Sargeant in F2 and everyone says Sargeant is fucking shit. Also, did Lawson ever win a feature race in F2? All of his wins seems to be in sprint races which use the reverse grid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ZeroX wrote:
I asked the same thing about Bearman, what is the hype around Lawson? He barely outscored Sargeant in F2 and everyone says Sargeant is fucking shit. Also, did Lawson ever win a feature race in F2? All of his wins seems to be in sprint races which use the reverse grid.

I first saw him dominating a Formula Toyota race in New Zealand one wet january day at the New Zealand Grand Prix in 2019 or something and he pulled off some of the ballsiest passes I've ever seen

Followed his career with interest since then and to me he seems to be the real deal, I don't like this whole "he only wins sprints" notion, as if Sprint races are akin to just a coin toss, and also not as if drivers could be doing well in the feature but get held back by their team's strategy or a terrible pit stop or even bad luck with a VSC/SC period....
(I also have little to no idea about the form of teams in F2 as I haven't got the time to read up on it as much, but I don't quite think he was in the Red bull of that championship either, nor is it quite as equal as people think...)

He'll suprise a good few people I think, as if his performance in the 3 or 4 races he got last season wasn't enough

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think it is too quick to put pressure on Ricciardo, considering that in the 1st race, all points were taken by what are expected to be the 5 best teams, and in the 2nd race only a crash from Stroll prevented those same 5 teams to take all the points again. How can the other 5 teams score points if the top 5 don't fail?

In Australia, Tsunoda did great, absolutely. But the 3 retired cars would have finished in front of him. In a race where 3 top cars failed, Tsunoda was the best of the rest to take maximum advantage. Ricciardo was nowhere. But to write him off already is harsh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:55 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
ZeroX wrote:

I first saw him dominating a Formula Toyota race in New Zealand one wet january day at the New Zealand Grand Prix in 2019 or something and he pulled off some of the ballsiest passes I've ever seen

Followed his career with interest since then and to me he seems to be the real deal, I don't like this whole "he only wins sprints" notion, as if Sprint races are akin to just a coin toss, and also not as if drivers could be doing well in the feature but get held back by their team's strategy or a terrible pit stop or even bad luck with a VSC/SC period....
(I also have little to no idea about the form of teams in F2 as I haven't got the time to read up on it as much, but I don't quite think he was in the Red bull of that championship either, nor is it quite as equal as people think...)

He'll suprise a good few people I think, as if his performance in the 3 or 4 races he got last season wasn't enough

The main reason I brought up the sprint races was that I don't really like the feature/sprint race format. I would prefer it if it was like the F3000 weekend where the race was just that, one race. Although the F2 cars these days are so much faster than the old F3000 cars you would probably have to up the distance from 150km to something like 200km for a race of any real length.

I guess I just hate the reverse grid gimmick, I know the sprint races don't offer as many points as the feature races but I always found it kind of cheap.

The performance of teams in F2 is weird, going into this season if I was a driver I would have killed to be in one of the Prema or ART cars, but it's not been a successful season so far for them. It does seem sometimes that if you get the right driver (even if it's just 1 of 2) it can make a big difference, but who the fuck knows anymore.

If Lawson is the real deal then I don't know if I would even be risking taking the second RB race seat. It pretty much buried de Vries' career, and he also seemed promising. It doesn't help that you have that piece of shit Marko running his fucking mouth every weekend about how the RB drivers are performing badly and they need to up their game. If the car sucks, what the fuck are the drivers meant to do about that? Marko seems intent on comparing the RB driver performances against the rest of the field, when literally the only purpose of the RB team is to measure how each of their two drivers rank against each other. The RB team is not a "team" in the usual sense, it exists purely as a proving ground for the main Red Bull team.

If I were Lawson I would be trying to skip all that bullshit and get in on the main Red Bull team in some way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shitpost incoming, but I just read this and found it hilarious:

The internet wrote:
Osama bin Russell

:lol:

Edit: do we have a thread for stupidly immature nicknames straight out of pre-2010 internet?

lolonso

FIArrari

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 3944 Next