TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Tsunoda is going where Honda is heading, which is subbing for Stroll when he pulls crashes like that one yesterday. He's safe for next year though

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tsunoda has been extremely average in the second half. Knowing how RB operates, I wouldn't be surprised if the last few races basically ends up being a shootout between Ricciardo-Lawson-Tsunoda with the best 2 getting seats for 2024.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hell of a strategic masterclass pulled off by Sainz today. I think most people already knew this but today he really underscored that additional layer he has over Leclerc in being able to think/adapt on the fly, versus Leclerc who only seems to have a fast/slow switch and obediently follows whatever the pit wall tells him (often not for the best). Definitely the kinda tools you need to pull off a championship challenge over the course of a season if Ferrari can ever produce the car to do so. Especially now that he seems to be on terms with Leclerc in raw one-lap pace as well, which was lacking previously.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cookie wrote:
Do you think Vettel called Aston already? He told the media last year that if he could just do Suzuka and no other race, he would do it. Next week it´s Suzuka, and Stroll is hurt. That's just too perfect a scenario to ignore. Would be massive publicity and a unique opportunity to have Alonso and Vettel race as teammates

He's already going to be in Suzuka...but busy with other commitments i.e. installing some bee hives :p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Omega wrote:
I wonder what happened with Albon and Perez, would Perez still get a penalty? Would be nice for Lawson.

Perez finished 11 seconds in front of Lawson, so a penalty won't change the results.

Perez has received a 5 seconds penalty, it doesn´t affect the final results.

Remember kids, if you can´t pass someone, just hit him and build a big enough advantage to score.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i like these new red bull upgrades, they should keep them the rest of the season

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:04 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Cartman wrote:
i like these new red bull upgrades, they should keep them the rest of the season

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Yeah lets keep this track layout for every year please :lol:

Max wins by 1 lap in Japan to restore normal order

But lets enjoy the good race while it's here :thumbsup:

So what did happen with Perez and Albon? Williams tweet has been deleted :o

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
Hell of a strategic masterclass pulled off by Sainz today. I think most people already knew this but today he really underscored that additional layer he has over Leclerc in being able to think/adapt on the fly, versus Leclerc who only seems to have a fast/slow switch and obediently follows whatever the pit wall tells him (often not for the best). Definitely the kinda tools you need to pull off a championship challenge over the course of a season if Ferrari can ever produce the car to do so. Especially now that he seems to be on terms with Leclerc in raw one-lap pace as well, which was lacking previously.

What I like about Sainz is that not only he is one of the smartest guys in the field, but he manages to evolve in ways you wouldn't expect for a seasoned driver.

When he was at Renault he was dominated by Hulkenberg and didn't seem to be a driver with the potential to reach a top team. Then he started to perform incredibly well at McLaren. And after that, he went to Ferrari and Leclerc always had the upper hand. And now he's starting to match the pace of his teammate and it doesn't seem to be only Leclerc regressing here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
So what did happen with Perez and Albon? Williams tweet has been deleted :o

onboards show Perez losing patience as Albon was stuck behind Lawson and he simply punted Albon off with a dive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I said it after Monza and I´ll say it again: a penalty should always result in losing minimum 1 position.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:40 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Omega wrote:
I said it after Monza and I´ll say it again: a penalty should always result in losing minimum 1 position.

I rate this. Regardless of the hit happening lap 1 or 99, instead of serving 5 seconds at a pit stop or post race, you're put 1 position back.

Max Verstappen can technically punt 5 cars off and win by 30 seconds otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Watching the F1 kids broadcast now, interesting how they play different team radio. All positive ones like "lets's go boys" "great overtake" "you're doing good in p9 kev"

Watching the normal broadcast it's usually negative comments, moaning or swearing.

And I'm starting to notice the tv direction is different too. On lap 13 they are focusing on the 2 haas drivers chased by gasly. On the normal feed, it was a full lap of focus on the ferrari's and shots from their pitbox and team radio about their pace. Completely ignored on the f1 kids broadcast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
Omega wrote:

I rate this. Regardless of the hit happening lap 1 or 99, instead of serving 5 seconds at a pit stop or post race, you're put 1 position back.

Max Verstappen can technically punt 5 cars off and win by 30 seconds otherwise.

Somehow they went from 10-second stop-go in the pits, to drive through penalties, to "meh, add it on after the race". I don't think it's an improvement.

Yeah yeah, one for the Grandpa F1 thread :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cookie wrote:
Watching the F1 kids broadcast now, interesting how they play different team radio. All positive ones like "lets's go boys" "great overtake" "you're doing good in p9 kev"

Watching the normal broadcast it's usually negative comments, moaning or swearing.

And I'm starting to notice the tv direction is different too. On lap 13 they are focusing on the 2 haas drivers chased by gasly. On the normal feed, it was a full lap of focus on the ferrari's and shots from their pitbox and team radio about their pace. Completely ignored on the f1 kids broadcast

This sounds pretty cool. Normal Netflix vs Tiktok F1 :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:43 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

cookie wrote:

That is interesting.

It's been known for a long time the team radio isn't so much a live reflection of what's going on but the director trying to build a narrative (all of Lewis' "Tyres are gone! You've put me on the wrong strategy guys" stuff is broadcast but none of his wholesome "ok well done team, we worked hard on this and the effort you've put in paid off" positive stuff were played out. Likewise at least in his last few seasons, Vettel's wholesome, goodguy imagine was curated and all the angry/sweary stuff filtered out)

It'll be interesting to see the f1 kids fans as adults in a few years time if this continues, they'll probably have a completely different perspective on the drivers than the tired old narratives F1 has been pedalling for years! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:15 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

codename_47 wrote:
cookie wrote:
It'll be interesting to see the f1 kids fans as adults in a few years time if this continues, they'll probably have a completely different perspective on the drivers than the tired old narratives F1 has been pedalling for years! :lol:

F1 needs a third broadcast outside of kids-vision and the normal telecast. I'm calling it - Boomer Vision. 7 laps into the race when nothing is happening, a 1997 crash compilation pops up in the bottom corner. Mark Webber and Jacques Villeneuve are the commentators and they just talk about how shit the modern era is and how their era was better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Man what atrocious TV directing for that race. We had Piastri and Perez swapping positions twice at the last chicane completely ignored when you could see it start to happen from the overhead chopper shot. Completely missed the Perez/Albon incident. Pretty much ignored all the KMag action. This was Monaco and Suzuka 90's level of bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

webbsy wrote:
Man what atrocious TV directing for that race. We had Piastri and Perez swapping positions twice at the last chicane completely ignored when you could see it start to happen from the overhead chopper shot. Completely missed the Perez/Albon incident. Pretty much ignored all the KMag action. This was Monaco and Suzuka 90's level of bad.

I'll give them the benefit, this race had a lot going on and I can understand the directors preferring to focus on the first battle for the lead of the season over other things. That being said, they could use the cool down lap for replays and stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've seen onboards from the Perez Albon clash. Man, giving Perez a 5s penalty for that is a joke. A drive through would have been better. Albon was almost in the barriers, had to stop and wait before he could go on again in the right direction. He surely would have scored points since he lost all that time and still only finished 1s behind Magnussen.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next