TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 3565 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:07 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

gd49 wrote:
Interesting (if very US biased) take on F1s popularity since Liberty's take over

https://huddleup.substack.com/p/how-for ... ds-fastest

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

This was an interesting take away from it

Quote:
But I do think Formula 1’s Las Vegas approach is interesting. For those that don’t already know, F1 is an extremely asset-light business. They don’t own the cars, teams, or race tracks, and venues simply pay them a fee ($40M+) to host a race each year.

But the sport is taking a different approach in Las Vegas. Formula 1 will run that event themselves rather than just renting out their valuable audience and IP to an event organizer. And my guess is that if that goes well, Liberty Media will realize how much more money they can make and do it more often in the future.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Liberty should do more and promote the Italian-American GP at Mugello

with the Andrettis as ambassadors

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:44 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

gkmotorsport wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:
that's what happens when cars must be reliable, it makes more difficult for the smaller outfits to get points

in other news, speculations say that Ferrari is willing to drop a shitload of money for Lewis to fulfill the red dream

Probably the one offer in F1 that has more than 0% chance of tempting Lewis these days.

I'd love to watch the Tifosi go from demonising him at every turn to "I knew he was talentened and secretly respected him all along" if he did do that

I can't ever see him leaving Mercedes, but then I could never see him leaving Mclaren, so what do I know?

If I was him, I'd do it, Merc isn't ever getting back to where it was within the lifespan of his remaining career, and why not drag a Ferrari forward with a few heroic performances and cement his reputation once and for all (not that it needs it, but the romance of Ferrari is a power thing, even over the usual underperformance of its cars)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:45 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
gd49 wrote:
Interesting (if very US biased) take on F1s popularity since Liberty's take over

https://huddleup.substack.com/p/how-for ... ds-fastest

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

This was an interesting take away from it

Quote:
But I do think Formula 1’s Las Vegas approach is interesting. For those that don’t already know, F1 is an extremely asset-light business. They don’t own the cars, teams, or race tracks, and venues simply pay them a fee ($40M+) to host a race each year.

But the sport is taking a different approach in Las Vegas. Formula 1 will run that event themselves rather than just renting out their valuable audience and IP to an event organizer. And my guess is that if that goes well, Liberty Media will realize how much more money they can make and do it more often in the future.

First step: Buying Spa off Bernie :whistling:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aston Martin Honda in 2026 confirmed

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Are they going to be starting from the Honda engine Red Bull finishes the season with in 2025? Or is that essentially a Red Bull engine Honda has had some consulting exposure to, and Honda's essentially starting from scratch in 2026?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Are they going to be starting from the Honda engine Red Bull finishes the season with in 2025? Or is that essentially a Red Bull engine Honda has had some consulting exposure to, and Honda's essentially starting from scratch in 2026?

Well given new engine regs are coming in in 2026, I'd imagine it's fairly from scratch

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Have Red Bull announced their engine supplier yet? Can´t remember. Will they keep Honda as well, or change.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 12:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Omega wrote:
Have Red Bull announced their engine supplier yet? Can´t remember. Will they keep Honda as well, or change.

They are building their own engines and badging them as Ford.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Will take Aston seriously if the owner gives his son the boot. Till then I regard it as nothing more than a glorified regional F3 team. For those that say Lance is still learning and needs time....this is his 7th season in F1 with no signs that he is actually improving.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stroll just doesn't seem to care about 9 out of 10 races. His interviews are the most jaded I've seen a driver since Nick Heidfeld in his late years. Then, once a quarter, he will show some determination and enthusiasm behind the wheel, out of nowhere.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stroll is perhaps the weirdest case I've saw, with all the planning behind his formation as a driver. If he had won while still in Williams you could imagine many rich kids taking the same path he ended up being just another rich kid with some level of racecraft

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

His junior record is actually pretty good, even if he was bought all the best rides. I thought that he could have benefitted from a season or two in F2, before jumping into an F1 car. Because of this, he may have needed two or three seasons to get to grips with F1, but seven years on and there hasn't been much improvement.

He can be fast on occasion, but I don't think I've ever seen a driver with such poor spacial awareness. He seems to have an accident or near miss every season where he turns across other cars as if there's no one there. Luckily nothing as big as his junior formula crashes, so far.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:04 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

De Cesaris fan wrote:
His junior record is actually pretty good, even if he was bought all the best rides. I thought that he could have benefitted from a season or two in F2, before jumping into an F1 car. Because of this, he may have needed two or three seasons to get to grips with F1, but seven years on and there hasn't been much improvement.

He can be fast on occasion, but I don't think I've ever seen a driver with such poor spacial awareness. He seems to have an accident or near miss every season where he turns across other cars as if there's no one there. Luckily nothing as big as his junior formula crashes, so far.

He's been in the sport for 7 years yet he still gets treated like a "his time will come" rookie, we know why he's there and why he isn't subject to the same kind of pressure De Vris has all over him after 4 goddamn races.

Honda have said they'll prefer a Japanese driver so it's gonna be Stroll and either Tsnoda or whoever else is in the ladder series that'll be a rookie by then probably, championship potential? (Also assuming they'lll need a few years to wind up to being championship potential then, Sorry Fernando, you'll be about 50 by then....)

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Juihi wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Well given new engine regs are coming in in 2026, I'd imagine it's fairly from scratch

Yeah, but it's not like people will be designing 2026 engines from a completely clean sheet of paper. Who gets the IP and designers of the current RB engines, RB or Honda?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:45 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

amq55 wrote:
FOM is going to produce Monaco for the first time :8:

decent camera angles too :8:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:
that's what happens when cars must be reliable, it makes more difficult for the smaller outfits to get points

in other news, speculations say that Ferrari is willing to drop a shitload of money for Lewis to fulfill the red dream

Probably the one offer in F1 that has more than 0% chance of tempting Lewis these days.

I'd love to watch the Tifosi go from demonising him at every turn to "I knew he was talentened and secretly respected him all along" if he did do that

I can't ever see him leaving Mercedes, but then I could never see him leaving Mclaren, so what do I know?

If I was him, I'd do it, Merc isn't ever getting back to where it was within the lifespan of his remaining career, and why not drag a Ferrari forward with a few heroic performances and cement his reputation once and for all (not that it needs it, but the romance of Ferrari is a power thing, even over the usual underperformance of its cars)

I wonder how his performance at Ferrari would be. I really wonder if he'd have enough time to right that ship. When Michael went there, he brought the whole party with him and they whipped that shit show into form. Can Lewis build the team or would it be Ferrari's responsibility to assemble what Lewis needs? Obviously it should be the latter but Ferrari has show ineptitude in this for a long time now. If they did manage to land Lewis, I could see them giving him the keys to the Kingdom to bring what he needs, but I question whether Lewis can actually do that.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

he actually dismissed any Ferrari approach

but who knows, it might be just a smokescreen

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 5:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When you make up bullshit all the time, eventually something will actually be true and then you can claim you brought the story first.

Norris will go to Aston Martin in 2026. I made it up, but if it turns out to be true, you read it here first!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
When you make up bullshit all the time, eventually something will actually be true and then you can claim you brought the story first.

Norris will go to Aston Martin in 2026. I made it up, but if it turns out to be true, you read it here first!

Ah, the Eddie Jordan method :roll:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 3565 Next