TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2165 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

mclaren2008 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Which was the new Tom Walkinshaw.....maybe

Walkinshaw was a winner

Michael, Gascoyne, Kolles and Key have a reputation for not winning much if at all

Was thinking more of his Arrows era than anything else...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hungary 1997, never forget :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Seems a bit unfair to blame Key alone, who does have a track record of successful cars as TD (2012 Sauber, 2015 STR etc.). Michael was unproven as a TD before he got the job and wasn't up to it.

I will also contend that every chassis built whilst Arrows was owned by TWR was midfield quality at worst. The restraining aspects were the engine or the drivers or both. Look at the performance of the completely undeveloped 2002 car 4 years later.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Somewhat predictably, Horner and Marko have started the comments about Aston Martin - Horner said it was nice to see their 'old car' going so well, and Marko thought it was nice to see three Red Bulls on the podium...

It's a shame that such a successful team still needs to put out the bad vibes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Walkinshaw was quite a shady character (like many we saw in F1 in the past 60 years) but he knew what to do. He won several touring car championships with British Leyland cars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Somewhat predictably, Horner and Marko have started the comments about Aston Martin - Horner said it was nice to see their 'old car' going so well, and Marko thought it was nice to see three Red Bulls on the podium...

It's a shame that such a successful team still needs to put out the bad vibes.

If they don´t say it, Mercedes or Ferrari will. They all have a history of complaining about everything their rivals do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Marko was being facetious, as usual.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

some exalted pundits are already questioning if the Mercedes slump will make Hamilton retire sooner than expected

I must say that anticipation is taking over reason and everything will stays as it is

unless Mercedes don't know how to handle things unless is total domination

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:59 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

The discourse around the F1 world is baffling me. Honestly, one round down and already it's as if the season is effectively over. Isn't it a little bit defeatist?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

EsbenT wrote:
The discourse around the F1 world is baffling me. Honestly, one round down and already it's as if the season is effectively over. Isn't it a little bit defeatist?

Mercedes made a sorry image of themselves with their statement. Red Bull had a double DNF last year and took it in the chin and kept going.

Mercedes seem to be already overly defensive, as if they don't expect their car to improve at all throughout the season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Toto saying the Bahrain race was the worst ever for his team makes him sound as if he´s crying in the corner because other teams aren´t letting him win.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spot the F1 personality

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

amq55 wrote:
EsbenT wrote:

Mercedes made a sorry image of themselves with their statement. Red Bull had a double DNF last year and took it in the chin and kept going.

Mercedes seem to be already overly defensive, as if they don't expect their car to improve at all throughout the season.

And then they'll suddenly make big progress and battle for wins and he praises the team again.
I honestly expecting them to have overspent massively last season but Toto already made some remarks in the past about them using some loopholes. IIRC he said something along the lines that parts (making and developing) only counts towards the budget if its actually fitted to the car.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Article somewhere said that Mercedes stayed with the concept of last year because the hypothetical performance in the chassis is so good. Wouldn't be the first time a team was blinded by the dazzling numbers the computer spit back and wasted their efforts chasing performance that only exists in the perfect conditions within the computer.

I would hope for Russell that his move to the top team didn't come at the wrong time, but F1 is also littered with drivers of worth laboring in top teams on the decline.

Personally, I love seeing Mercedes struggle a bit. I don't hide my dislike of Hamilton and Wolfe. At the same time, for whatever reason, I have no problem with Red Bull romping away with it. That will probably change by mid season when they've won every race.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Juihi wrote:
Spot the F1 personality

Yeah, how did this happen?! That was the biggest surprise of the night. Never would have thought. Big Yeoh fan here, at least I love her as a Bond girl. Never on earth would expect to see these 2 together.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Todt in the past used to script out race outcomes, but Rubens botched his directing by changing the scene into a pathetic display

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:31 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

westracing01 wrote:
Article somewhere said that Mercedes stayed with the concept of last year because the hypothetical performance in the chassis is so good. Wouldn't be the first time a team was blinded by the dazzling numbers the computer spit back and wasted their efforts chasing performance that only exists in the perfect conditions within the computer.

I would hope for Russell that his move to the top team didn't come at the wrong time, but F1 is also littered with drivers of worth laboring in top teams on the decline.

Personally, I love seeing Mercedes struggle a bit. I don't hide my dislike of Hamilton and Wolfe. At the same time, for whatever reason, I have no problem with Red Bull romping away with it. That will probably change by mid season when they've won every race.

How do you become unpopular in F1?

Win...

Dominate and you're the most unpopular of all. Red Bull will be taking the hatred crown back this season after Mercedes took it from them in 2014.
I've been at this too long to think that people will be ok with Red Bull dominating again and just be all "oh well, at least Mercedes isn't winning, I loved that Red Bull 1-2 by 30 seconds!! (mind you if they did, they'd me massive hypocrites after bitching about Mercedes doing the same for 2014-2016, 2019-2020)

Doesn't matter who is doing the dominating, they're always the bad guys

Twitter:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
westracing01 wrote:

Win...

Dominate and you're the most unpopular of all. Red Bull will be taking the hatred crown back this season after Mercedes took it from them in 2014.
I've been at this too long to think that people will be ok with Red Bull dominating again and just be all "oh well, at least Mercedes isn't winning, I loved that Red Bull 1-2 by 30 seconds!! (mind you if they did, they'd me massive hypocrites after bitching about Mercedes doing the same for 2014-2016, 2019-2020)

Well, hypocrite I am. I don't dislike Mercedes because they won, I dislike Mercedes because of Hamilton and Wolfe. Insufferable twats. Unquestioned skill, but twats all the same.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:33 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

westracing01 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
westracing01 wrote:

Win...

Well, hypocrite I am. I don't dislike Mercedes because they won, I dislike Mercedes because of Hamilton and Wolfe. Insufferable twats. Unquestioned skill, but twats all the same.

That's the thing about F1, it's twats all the way down.....you just replace one set of twats with another set of twats with each regulation change

Twitter:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
westracing01 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Win...

That's the thing about F1, it's twats all the way down.....you just replace one set of twats with another set of twats with each regulation change

Fair enough.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2165 Next