TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RtN wrote:
Tom Coronel has claimed that Perez deliberately spun in qualifying at Monaco, and admitted it to the team leadership.

If true, then it would help put today in context.

I would take what Tom Coronel says with a bucket of salt.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A good point, although when Sky put it to Max that today was because of Monaco, he did not deny it.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:48 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

amq55 wrote:
RtN wrote:
Tom Coronel has claimed that Perez deliberately spun in qualifying at Monaco, and admitted it to the team leadership.

If true, then it would help put today in context.

I would take what Tom Coronel says with a bucket of salt.

Tom Coronel and Peter Windsor would make a great podcast :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RtN wrote:
A good point, although when Sky put it to Max that today was because of Monaco, he did not deny it.

Yeah, I've seen that interview now too. Seems like a pretty strong rumour.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
seems FIA software is even dumber than the stewards, unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:40 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Coldtyre wrote:
James wrote:
There will be zero consequences from today, and Max knows it, which is why he did it

There's doing questionable things that make sense.

And, there's doing questionable things that make sense while being an insufferable asshole about it in the process.

People forget, understand, forgive the former... but the latter is remembered for life. By Checo, by the fans, by every person involved in F1 including future teammates and employers of Verstappen.

Just unecessary. Sometimes Max forgets the bigger picture, and that's where he's at his worst, same on track as evidenced by leaving half his wing at turn 2 today and yesterday.

But, so what if it's remembered for life? Like, I'm not defending what Max did. I just don't see how this remotely backfires on him, in the same way that it never backfired on Seb after Turkey 2010 or Malaysia 2013. Checo's been largely bang average lately and I don't see that changing any time soon. So what that Max has pissed him off? What's he going to do - sabotage his own career just to spite him?

All this has done is given the media a narrative thread to work on to generate some column inches in the off season, which will all come to nothing when Max spanks the field over his knee again next season. We've all seen this so many times before - number 2 drivers getting mad changes nothing, which is why number 1 drivers do these things. It happened to Coulthard, Rubens, Webber, Massa - favours don't get returned, drivers have a cry, team bosses do nothing, team wins the next race, all is forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So F1 stat-meisters ( @
LucasWheldon
), when's the last time we had a first-time polesitter and a first-time winner, but not the same driver, at the same event?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
James B wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

I don't completely agree. Both teams had a history (at least later than Reutemann) of making it clear the drivers drove for the team and that where there was a conflict between driver and team, the team came first. Ron wasn't too intimidated by Prost and Senna to wimp out of giving them a bollocking when their fights affected the team as a whole.

I do, unfortunately, agree that Red Bull won't do a thing.

They may have "made it clear" but they didn't do shit when things actually kicked off. It literally cost Williams at least one World Drivers' Championship. Holding Frank and Patrick up in that way when they were consistently terrible at managing their drivers is hilarious, sorry

Ok, I managed to totally forget 1986 :slaphead:

I think Frank probably had a good excuse for not being around to nip things in the bud earlier in the season. Even so, they still walked the constructors championship. My point was simply that those two teams didn't allow the drivers to forget that they were employees first and superstars second.

Correction, cost them two. Can put 1981 in the same camp.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:02 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

amq55 wrote:
RtN wrote:

Yeah, I've seen that interview now too. Seems like a pretty strong rumour.

Even if it's true (which is a stretch, after Leclerc the year before did something similar and didn't even make the start due to the damage, it's hard to do anything deliberate in Monaco unless you're Rosberg or Schumacher, and even they got lucky), why is Max still salty about 1 less win this season?
Again, it's not like he wouldn't do something similar either, he is probably just mad he didn't think of it first

But yeah, Max holds a grudge against his team mate in a season when they've swept all before them? That's ridiculously petty.

IF it's true of course. But then it doesn't look like there's any way he comes out of this looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:03 am 

Philthy82 wrote:
So F1 stat-meisters ( @
LucasWheldon
), when's the last time we had a first-time polesitter and a first-time winner, but not the same driver, at the same event?

Malaysia 2003

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So this is what Max said after the race about his collision with Hamilton

Asked by Sky Sports F1 for his take on the clash after the race, Verstappen questioned Hamilton’s approach, saying: “To be honest, I went around the outside, and I immediately felt he was not going to leave space. I just went for it, he didn’t leave me space, so I knew we were going to get together.

He just admitted that he deliberately drove into him. I have never liked him, but I have defended him when he has unnecessarily been picked on (much like Hamilton). But man, he is just turning into an absolute insufferable prick........And I secretly like it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:28 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:

Asked by Sky Sports F1 for his take on the clash after the race, Verstappen questioned Hamilton’s approach, saying: “To be honest, I went around the outside, and I immediately felt he was not going to leave space. I just went for it, he didn’t leave me space, so I knew we were going to get together.

He just admitted that he deliberately drove into him. I have never liked him, but I have defended him when he has unnecessarily been picked on (much like Hamilton). But man, he is just turning into an absolute insufferable prick........And I secretly like it.

Yeah, he said in one interview or other he did it because he knew he had nothing to lose an he could ensure Lewis didn't win the race that way

So yes, seems the stewards got that one right, they showed this forensically on the skypad and it seems max throws it in and almost gasses up to try and make sure he hits Lewis

Weird that he acts like this after the pressure of a world title is off. Lewis and Micheal used to just go to sleep/party hard and let their teammates win the final few races, Max unleashes sociopath mode.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
So F1 stat-meisters ( @
LucasWheldon

Malaysia 2003

interesting that this one had two soon to be world champions doing a great job

Also interesting to note some rare instances
-first pole start for Mika Hakkinen was the final race victory for Jacques Villeneuve (Nurburgring 97)

-first pole start for Niki Lauda was the first victory for Carlos Reutemann (Kyalami 74)

-first pole start for Jackie Stewart was the final race victory for Graham Hill (Monaco 69)

-first pole start for Graham Hill was the first victory for Jim Clark (Spa 62)

-first pole start for Gerhard Berger was the record breaking win at the time for Alain Prost (Estoril 87)

-first pole start for Jochen Rindt was the first victory for Jacky Ickx (Rouen 68)

-first pole start for Emerson Fittipaldi was the sole victory for Jean-Pierre Beltoise (Monaco 72)

-first pole start for Alan Jones was the final race victory for Clay Regazzoni (Silverstone 79)

-first pole start for Patrick Tambay was the final race victory for John Watson (Long Beach 83)

-Froilan Gonzalez first pole start and win was also Ferrari's first pole and victory (Silverstone 51)

-first pole start for Tony Brooks was the final race victory for Maurice Trintignant (Monaco 58)

-first pole start for Teo Fabi was the final race victory for Michele Alboreto (Nurburgring 85)

-the only pole position start for Taffy von Trips is the one where he had his fatal crash (Monza 1961)

-first and only pole start for Mike Parkes was the sole victory for Ludovico Scarfiotti (Monza 66)

-first pole start for Patrick Depailler was the first victory for Jody Scheckter (Anderstorp 74)

-only pole start for Tom Pryce was the final race victory for Emerson Fittipaldi (Silverstone 75)

-only pole start for Thierry Boutsen was also his final race victory (Hungaroring 90)

-only pole start for Andrea de Cesaris was the first victory for Niki Lauda after returning from retirement (Long Beach 82)

-only pole start for Lando Norris (yet) was also the 100th victory for Lewis Hamilton (Sochi 2021)

that's all the interesting stuff regarding first pole positions I could get

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

meanwhile, the grandstands also had some action after the race was over

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

webbsy wrote:

He's finally verbalized basically the root cause behind a lot of his on-track collisions, not just 2021 (and I'm not alluding that he was solely to blame for all the incidents last year). But basically the Senna mentality (according to Brundle) that I've decided that I'm coming through no matter what, and I'm letting you decide if we have a collision today or not.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

one of the main problems regarding Verstappen (and many young drivers) is that he didn't spent many time on junior formulas to develop more raceability and spatial awareness. Of course he has a great share of skill and is heavily talented, but he simply believes that if his car is faster he is entitled to the corner and screw you if you don't give him space

also happened to him on that race where Ocon made him spin, when he crashed Grosjean off in Monaco earlier in his career

plus having a team like Red Bull and also his dad patting his back and saying good job after doing his shit is not helping either, if he changes his team he'll have many many problems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So this 'Perez deliberately crashed at Monaco' rumour seems to be gaining traction but there are a number of things that don't add up to me.

- Why would Perez do it in the first place? He was 3rd at the time
- Why would he stick it in a barrier when Schumacher & Rosberg proved you don't need to?
- Why would he tell the team leadership?
- Why would the team leadership tell Max?
- How has this apparently been a strong paddock rumour since it happened but didn't emerge until yesterday?

None of it makes sense tbh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:41 am 

LucasWheldon wrote:
one of the main problems regarding Verstappen (and many young drivers) is that he didn't spent many time on junior formulas to develop more raceability and spatial awareness. Of course he has a great share of skill and is heavily talented, but he simply believes that if his car is faster he is entitled to the corner and screw you if you don't give him space

also happened to him on that race where Ocon made him spin, when he crashed Grosjean off in Monaco earlier in his career

plus having a team like Red Bull and also his dad patting his back and saying good job after doing his shit is not helping either, if he changes his team he'll have many many problems

Remember Saudi last year - stopping in the middle of the straight to let Hamilton by then blaming him for causing the crash. Or 130R this year with Norris that was almost an aeroplane crash.

This particular driver thinks that he rules the road and nobody can get in his way, then doesn't help the team after his teammate helps him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Alpine toast: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... _the_race/

(okay that was after Sprint race)

Last edited by VirtuaIceMan on Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next