TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don´t know if he had a lot of disadvantage, or the advantage of DRS and a tow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Alonso has such a bad vibe that just standing closer to him chops at least 0.2 seconds per lap

that's how Ocon won his first race

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:14 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Omega wrote:
It's amusing to see how many people on the social media agree with Alonso, and how quiet the Hamilton fanboys are.

Everyone knows my allegience here but I (And even Lewis himself now) feel he messed up and lost Alonso out of his peripheral vision and paid the price. (How Alonso didn't get any damage is beyond me tbh)

But judging from the penalties the FIA throw around when people are trying to overtake around the outside, I was pretty stunned Alonso didn't get a 5 second penalty tbh
Look at Vettel's incidents in Austria or the Formula E final race into Turn 1 with the man from Nuneton Jake Dennis, when a car is passing another around the outside, the stewards expect the car on the inside to just dissapear and not clip the car that's about to pass it, even if it's impossible for them to do so due to being squeezed into understeer.
It would've been a bullshit penalty but entirely consistent with the bullshit penalties they've been handing out for this
Was it a different steward this weekend or have they finally had some sense knocked into them?

Also, all this "Hamilton fanboys have been quiet" bullshit is fucking annoying, we can do without such tribal bollocks all through fandom. Maybe most people are just quietly a fan of one driver or another and there's a minority of loud idiots on all sides that ruins it for everyone
I still think the majority are fans of the sport first and driver/team preference second but those who try and stoke the fires and wind up the "other side" are just cringeworthy imo
This isn't football and that kinda arseholery is why I never engaged with football fandom at all, leave it on the terraces

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:34 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Omega wrote:
It's amusing to see how many people on the social media agree with Alonso, and how quiet the Hamilton fanboys are.

You expect his supporters to be noisy when he's accepted blame for everything?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
Omega wrote:

Actually, the Hamilton fanboys have been otherwise engaged - this time, talking about some kind of FIA conspiracy in not sending the medical car to take him to the medical centre, as if this is something that is supposed to happen simply because the G-warning light comes on. I can't think of any times that has happened other than at race-suspending or race-stopping crashes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The unique factor was that desolating shot of he walking on a dirt wasteland alone back home.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Omega wrote:

Actually, the Hamilton fanboys have been otherwise engaged - this time, talking about some kind of FIA conspiracy in not sending the medical car to take him to the medical centre, as if this is something that is supposed to happen simply because the G-warning light comes on. I can't think of any times that has happened other than at race-suspending or race-stopping crashes.

Lolwut. Do they think Hamilton is conspiring against himself then, seeing as he got a warning for not going to the medical centre?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

Lolwut. Do they think Hamilton is conspiring against himself then, seeing as he got a warning for not going to the medical centre?

I mean... right? IIRC the rule is that the driver must go to the medical centre, not that he must be taken. That, and the fact that he refused to go until the team was warned of 'consequences' if he didn't.

I understand *why* Hamilton fans might think the FIA is against him after Abu Dhabi, but it's a big leap to assume this! Unlike the jewellery thing, I think it's totally fair for the FIA to force drivers to get checked out if pre-defined limits are exceeded.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
I don´t know if he had a lot of disadvantage, or the advantage of DRS and a tow

Yeah, I thought LeClerc would get DRS and breeze past Alonso on the straight, which would have helped towards the fastest lap. Amazed he was still 6 tenths off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
The unique factor was that desolating shot of he walking on a dirt wasteland alone back home.

Speaking of which

https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/co ... &context=3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The first one just adds it to what it already was. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:56 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

No Stewie Griffin/Incredible Hulk hitchhiking music? :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Omega wrote:

I can think of the formula 3 feature race at Spa this past Sunday morning, when medical car went to fetch a driver that gently kissed the barrier at Les Combes 3 (a few laps in, not at lap 1)

Anyhow, this all seems like episode 12 of Hamilton being argued around in a race where he had literally zero existence or impact whatsover. He didn't even influence the final result of the driver he crashed into

Hamilton : does jackshit
The internet: but what about how Hamilton is a bad driver, a tool, and his fanbase absolute morons? Also he's black and successful and polite and I hate how inadequate it makes me feel about myself oh wait that last part was supposed to be silent lol woops

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
I can think of the formula 3 feature race at Spa this past Sunday morning, when medical car went to fetch a driver that gently kissed the barrier at Les Combes 3 (a few laps in, not at lap 1)

Huh, I wasn't aware of that. I wonder if that's where their logic came from.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Y´all noticed I said social media, not tbk?
I think you overestimate the intelligence of the average facebook poster and how even a sneeze from Leclerc or a yawn from Gasly leads to Hamilton fanboys praising the Lord and GOAT and Verstappen fake champion, and Verstappen fanboys doing the opposite.

The fact that most Hamilton fanboys stayed relatively quiet, proves how hard they realised that now was not the best time to hail him.

The fact that some of you here felt offended also says something, but I´m not opening that jar any further.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:19 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Omega wrote:
The fact that some of you here felt offended also says something, but I´m not opening that jar any further.

None of us felt offended, just bemused.

Also who gives a shit about what's said on social media, for him or against him. Why should the opinions of dumb fucks, fish brains and trolls really be considered?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14