TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Ferrari desperately needs to ditch the italians from top positions

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:

There is this little French guy available that pretty well in Group C with Peugeot.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ferrari blunders aside, what bothered me the most is FIA once again not putting their shit together and having another error changing the race (although Russell would finish ahead anyway)

if they can't even put a VSC without errors, how can they run the races without fucking the drivers and teams?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm about ready to go full Alonso and start a weekly rant pointing to the race direction fuck-up of the week and asking exactly what throwing Masi under the bus accomplished.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:27 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:

Regarding the VSC: I don't understand why they let drivers manage the Delta manually. It should be a system like WEC where everyone is speed-limited to a given speed. 80kph in WEC but could be higher for those precious little F1 to manage temp in tyres/brakes/engine.

It also defeats the safety purpose of a VSC. Technically, nothing prevents a driver from being in the delta, but still picking up race speed in a given corner (to catch up or whatever), and bury himself into a marshall or a recovery vehicle.

This has long baffled me as well. I know the argument is that they don't have it on safety grounds. Cars just suddenly hitting the limiter, dangerous for those behind etc. But as shown with WEC it isn't that.

Also it baffles me that they don't have constant sensors for track limits all the way around the track. Well actually after typing that out I know why they don't. Money. The FIA don't want to spend it on something that could easily fix the problem.

I've always felt that because they aren't going to put gravel down, why not invent some really durable thick and lush foot high astro turf (make it like real blades of grass) and put it right on the edge of the track. Make it super sticky and abrasive so it doesn't turn to ice in the wet. That way don't need to complain about it being a safety issue, as it is just astro turf and would slow the cars down, drivers would feel it, and it would have a psychological effect on the drivers, not wanting to hit the foot high thing on the side of the road. But then same problem as the sensors......money.

Or just put down that spongey kids playground stuff. It would break traction.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
I'm about ready to go full Alonso and start a weekly rant pointing to the race direction fuck-up of the week and asking exactly what throwing Masi under the bus accomplished.

Masi made too many mistakes. But I in all honesty didn't think they would troll everybody and get the two absolute worst people possible for the job. Do the trifecta and get Brian Barnhart in there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:52 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

webbsy wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Masi made too many mistakes. But I in all honesty didn't think they would troll everybody and get the two absolute worst people possible for the job. Do the trifecta and get Brian Barnhart in there.

Remeber when the FIA gave Alonso a grid penalty for blocking Massa on a hotlap in Q3 at Monza despite being another postcode in front of him?
Remeber when Schumacher crashed into Juan Pablo Montoya at turn 1 at Malaysis and gave JPM a drive through?

Whiting, Masi, doesn't matter who's in charge they're just the figure head of an incompetent organisation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Remember when Vettel was basically calling for Charlie to be sacked?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:35 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

LucasWheldon wrote:

Schumacher did it, nobody else has

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That Alonso penalty was probably one of the most egregious penalties in the history of the sport.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:57 am 

webbsy wrote:
That Alonso penalty was probably one of the most egregious penalties in the history of the sport.

Then Spa 2008 came along :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Also it baffles me that they don't have constant sensors for track limits all the way around the track. Well actually after typing that out I know why they don't. Money. The FIA don't want to spend it on something that could easily fix the problem.

I've always felt that because they aren't going to put gravel down, why not invent some really durable thick and lush foot high astro turf (make it like real blades of grass) and put it right on the edge of the track. Make it super sticky and abrasive so it doesn't turn to ice in the wet. That way don't need to complain about it being a safety issue, as it is just astro turf and would slow the cars down, drivers would feel it, and it would have a psychological effect on the drivers, not wanting to hit the foot high thing on the side of the road. But then same problem as the sensors......money.

it kinda remembers me when VAR was about to be implemented in Brazil and the federation wanted to charge the teams for the costs otherwise there'll be no VAR

funny that they charge huge amounts of money from teams and drivers just to race and yet don't want to improve the sport

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:16 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
webbsy wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Remeber when the FIA gave Alonso a grid penalty for blocking Massa on a hotlap in Q3 at Monza despite being another postcode in front of him?
Remeber when Schumacher crashed into Juan Pablo Montoya at turn 1 at Malaysis and gave JPM a drive through?

Whiting, Masi, doesn't matter who's in charge they're just the figure head of an incompetent organisation.

What team benefited in those instances, and also at Spa 2008, and USGP 2003 when Barrichello hit Montoya and Montoya again got a drive through, ruining his championship as he had to stay out on dry tyres while everyone else changed to inters?
:whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FIARRARI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I guess the Elkanns doesn't have the same respect Montezemolo had back in the day

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:
This happens with every talented driver in history: either it's a close title and you'll have people nitpicking on the lucky/unlucky details during the championship, or it's a landslide and then it's either the superior car or others being incompetent.

From about every closely lost championship (I say it's close when one race could have changed it) we can pick an example where driver lost points due to his own fault and an example where driver lost points due to bad luck.

Coldtyre wrote:
Regarding the VSC: I don't understand why they let drivers manage the Delta manually. It should be a system like WEC where everyone is speed-limited to a given speed. 80kph in WEC but could be higher for those precious little F1 to manage temp in tyres/brakes/engine.

It also defeats the safety purpose of a VSC. Technically, nothing prevents a driver from being in the delta, but still picking up race speed in a given corner (to catch up or whatever), and bury himself into a marshall or a recovery vehicle.

I think the VSC system is supposed to work so that the relative time losses should be the same everywhere. With hard speed limiter put on, a straight which has a length of 1 km is basically as fast as slow section which is also 1 km of length.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
Bleu wrote:
There is eight possible layouts in that chicane:

Couldn't this be the 9th?

Another one

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
JJ wrote:
Bleu wrote:

Another one

Mods ban please. We cannot be seen to sanction this sort of support of Paul Ricard. It's one step away from terrorism.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
JJ wrote:
Bleu wrote:

Another one

That looks like Nurburgring's first chicane, but a lot better.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12