TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
Crap, it's Paul Ricard next. :yuk: Hopefully they have to cancel it because the asphalt starts to melt due to record-breaking heatwave or something.

Paul Ricard isn't an exciting track but last year race was quite good with Mercedes and Red Bull very closing and battling on different strategies.

If the race insn't a slam dunk for either Ferrari or Red Bull, it can be another good one. Who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sainz' retirement was a tough pill to swallow and he is still slower than Leclerc, but the gap seemed much smaller compared to previous races. I can already see him doing better by just not having to cope with the weight of his self-imposed pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:53 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I actually think Sainz jerked the wheel and smashed the rear end into the barrier to get it to stop rolling.....

"Get out, you're on fire! No stay in in in in in! It's rolling. NO! OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT, it's on fire! IN! IN IN IN! IT's rolling back!"

"Hey man....!"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's cruel that he had just caught Verstappen and was in his slipstream when it happened. It always hurts to retire from podoum on a mechanical, but this adds a layer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
I actually think Sainz jerked the wheel and smashed the rear end into the barrier to get it to stop rolling.....

"Get out, you're on fire! No stay in in in in in! It's rolling. NO! OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT, it's on fire! IN! IN IN IN! IT's rolling back!"

"Hey man....!"

I think it might have been a bit of both, then. The marshal put a white plastic chock under the right front - I guess it makes sense for them to have chocks when the escape road is on a hill, but it was still quick thinking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

"Hey man....!"

I think it might have been a bit of both, then. The marshal put a white plastic chock under the right front - I guess it makes sense for them to have chocks when the escape road is on a hill, but it was still quick thinking.

It looked like gloves to me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I saw gloves but that plastic thing too. And then he almost felt, so I guess maybe at the end that car just turned into the wall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It looked like a triangle thing to me. I wonder if that marshal post had things to stop cars rolling back given the slope there

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When the fire started, one marshall with an extinguisher dropped it to run back looking for something else. I thought it was a weird sense of priorities when watching live, but it's probably the same guy. :yes:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think if you have to choose between putting out a moving fire or prevent a burning car to roll back onto the track, I´d focus on stopping the car first too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

During the spring race, I noticed Albon and Norris swapped positions several times in 2 laps time. Was that a glitch, or one hell of an amazing fight that all the cameras missed?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Omega wrote:
I think if you have to choose between putting out a moving fire or prevent a burning car to roll back onto the track, I´d focus on stopping the car first too.

kinda remember that race at the Nurburgring when Bianchi halted on the hill and the car rolled into the track triggering SC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
JJ wrote:
Crap, it's Paul Ricard next. :yuk: Hopefully they have to cancel it because the asphalt starts to melt due to record-breaking heatwave or something.

Paul Ricard isn't an exciting track but last year race was quite good with Mercedes and Red Bull very closing and battling on different strategies.

If the race insn't a slam dunk for either Ferrari or Red Bull, it can be another good one. Who knows?

Sure, the race can turn out to be interesting. But the thing is, I enjoy watching free practice sessions and qualifying on nearly all tracks. With F1TV I often even follow F3/F2 practice and qualifying sessions.

But for Paul Ricard, I think I'm going to skip all sessions except the F1 race, because just watching still images of the track gives me a headache.

I know I repeat myself each year, but gravel and grass would fix it all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:10 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

I have to go on a business trip next weekend. Which is bad, because I don't like business trips eating my weekend. Then I learned that there's F1 next weekend and I'll miss the race. Which really pissed me off. Then I learned it's Paul Ricard. Now I'm at peace.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
on some random statistics, Austria is one of Ferrari weakest races on record, being just the 6th win in over 35 races while teams like Shadow and Penske got their sole victories at the old Österreichring

the last Ferrari victories featured one of the red cars on fire, yesterday was Sainz

and in 2003 was Schumacher that won even with a pit fire and a slow stop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:24 pm 

About Dutch Hooligans.

“…Neste domingo, as mulheres voltaram a ser notícia na F-1. O dia começava na Áustria e muitas postagem em redes sociais com hashtags vinculadas ao GP reportavam uma situação de horror: mulheres sendo assediadas, agredidas, ofendidas e abusadas por homens nas arquibancadas e nas áreas comuns do autódromo.

Uma delas, torcedora de Lewis Hamilton e da Mercedes, foi cercada por fãs de Max Verstappen aparentemente embriagados e teve seu vestido levantado por alguns deles, enquanto outros gritavam que ela "não merecia" estar ali. Foram muitos relatos. Que se multiplicaram e passaram a narrar, também, episódios de racismo, homofobia e misoginia.

Antes mesmo da largada, a F-1, de forma institucional, se manifestou com um comunicado oficial chamando tais comportamentos de "inaceitáveis" e garantindo que não seriam mais "tolerados". Não levou o assunto adiante, porém. Nada foi dito sobre o que será feito para que essas coisas não se repitam…”. Flávio Gomes, UOL - Brasil.

Google translate:

"...This Sunday, women were back in the news in F-1. The day began in Austria and many posts on social networks with hashtags linked to the GP reported a situation of horror: women being harassed, assaulted, offended and abused by men in the stands and common areas of the circuit.

One of them, a supporter of Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes, was surrounded by apparently intoxicated Max Verstappen fans and had her dress lifted by some of them, while others shouted that she "didn't deserve" to be there. There were many reports. Which multiplied and began to narrate, also, episodes of racism, homophobia and misogyny.

Even before the start, F-1, in an institutional way, manifested itself with an official announcement calling such "unacceptable" behaviors and guaranteeing that they would no longer be "tolerated". However, he did not take the matter further. Nothing was said about what will be done so that these things do not happen again..." Flávio Gomes, UOL - Brasil.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another random stat: this was race 11 of 22. We´re already halfway there! It feels like we have only just started.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
During the spring race, I noticed Albon and Norris swapped positions several times in 2 laps time. Was that a glitch, or one hell of an amazing fight that all the cameras missed?

Based on the season so far, it literally could be both.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, they managed to put the wrong driver names up during the podium. There does seem to be a lot of errors with the graphics. But there could have been a battle with some re-passing. The triple DRS made that a possibility

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
on some random statistics, Austria is one of Ferrari weakest races on record, being just the 6th win in over 35 races while teams like Shadow and Penske got their sole victories at the old Österreichring

the last Ferrari victories featured one of the red cars on fire, yesterday was Sainz

and in 2003 was Schumacher that won even with a pit fire and a slow stop

That is interesting! I always got the impression that the older track was a bit of a car killer due to the constant long straights, which I guess would have been a benefit for smaller teams who probably turned their engines down as a matter of course.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next