TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the 76 race was in fact one that Watson had a car to win as he started 2nd and stayed in contention throughout the whole race, but 1977 was like Interlagos sprint. Jones started 14th and scaled the grid up until lap 15 and stayed there until Hunt retired, after that he just managed the lead

the old Österreichring was something else because it had longer straights but wasn't fast as Monza or Hockenheim and had fast bends that allowed side by side racing. It looked way wide either, that's why touring car racing was so epic there

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Astrolabe wrote:
About Dutch Hooligans.

“…Neste domingo, as mulheres voltaram a ser notícia na F-1. O dia começava na Áustria e muitas postagem em redes sociais com hashtags vinculadas ao GP reportavam uma situação de horror: mulheres sendo assediadas, agredidas, ofendidas e abusadas por homens nas arquibancadas e nas áreas comuns do autódromo.

Uma delas, torcedora de Lewis Hamilton e da Mercedes, foi cercada por fãs de Max Verstappen aparentemente embriagados e teve seu vestido levantado por alguns deles, enquanto outros gritavam que ela "não merecia" estar ali. Foram muitos relatos. Que se multiplicaram e passaram a narrar, também, episódios de racismo, homofobia e misoginia.

Antes mesmo da largada, a F-1, de forma institucional, se manifestou com um comunicado oficial chamando tais comportamentos de "inaceitáveis" e garantindo que não seriam mais "tolerados". Não levou o assunto adiante, porém. Nada foi dito sobre o que será feito para que essas coisas não se repitam…”. Flávio Gomes, UOL - Brasil.

Google translate:

"...This Sunday, women were back in the news in F-1. The day began in Austria and many posts on social networks with hashtags linked to the GP reported a situation of horror: women being harassed, assaulted, offended and abused by men in the stands and common areas of the circuit.

One of them, a supporter of Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes, was surrounded by apparently intoxicated Max Verstappen fans and had her dress lifted by some of them, while others shouted that she "didn't deserve" to be there. There were many reports. Which multiplied and began to narrate, also, episodes of racism, homophobia and misogyny.

Even before the start, F-1, in an institutional way, manifested itself with an official announcement calling such "unacceptable" behaviors and guaranteeing that they would no longer be "tolerated". However, he did not take the matter further. Nothing was said about what will be done so that these things do not happen again..." Flávio Gomes, UOL - Brasil.

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Dutch are the absolute worst when it comes to success.

When my local FC started to become successful everyone was happy. Beating a team 2-1 was great. Winning the first ever title was amazing. But then the unrealistic expectations came. Beating a lower team 4-0 was suddenly not enough. That new signing wasnt good enough for us.

And we're from the area of the Netherlands that is more down to earth.....

Same with F1. I see people acting like F1 is the best thing ever and they are experts on it but couldnt give 2 fucks about it before 2016.
When I was a kid and was watching F1 with my dad, my sister was nowhere near it. Now, whenever we need to plan something she has to be home on time so she can watch F1.......

So yeah, I am not surprised the trash is coming out and ruining it for everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

On the other hand, people have been booing for a long time. It´s not unique for Dutch fans, for Austria, against Hamilton or against Verstappen.

People have been cheering when an unpopular driver goes off too. If you were a Prost fan and Senna went off, you cheered. That´s emotion. Next race it´s the other way round, then other people will cheer.

Dutch fans are pro Verstappen and therefor against Hamilton. When Hamilton goes off on a track full of Dutch fans, people will cheer. Get used to it. Get over it. When Verstappen goes off in Silverstone, people cheer. When in 10 years Mick Schumacher is fighting for the title against Piastri and he goes off in the Australian GP, the crowd will cheer.

Hamilton acts like the world is against him and that this should be made illegal.

If fans also harassed women and yelled racist things, that´s something else and that should be taken care of. But I know I´ll bloody cheer when I´m in Spa and Hamilton goes off. I did it and will do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
micha wrote:
The Dutch are the absolute worst when it comes to success.

When my local FC started to become successful everyone was happy. Beating a team 2-1 was great. Winning the first ever title was amazing. But then the unrealistic expectations came. Beating a lower team 4-0 was suddenly not enough. That new signing wasnt good enough for us.

And we're from the area of the Netherlands that is more down to earth.....

Same with F1. I see people acting like F1 is the best thing ever and they are experts on it but couldnt give 2 fucks about it before 2016.
When I was a kid and was watching F1 with my dad, my sister was nowhere near it. Now, whenever we need to plan something she has to be home on time so she can watch F1.......

So yeah, I am not surprised the trash is coming out and ruining it for everyone.

dutch footballers must be loving Verstappen getting all the attention, that until they end on a goaless draw against Qatar in WC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:30 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Also can someone tell the Dutch supporters you're already wearing orange, the 90's hooligan flares are overkill.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The flares coming out to celebrate when Max wins would be more logical, why at the start? Don't understand this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Because there's a lot of guys there who don't really care that much about the actual race. Drinking beer, lighting flares and doing whatever it is these guys do is what they're there for (singing insulting/misogynist/homophobic slurs, apparently). I hope F1 can get a grip on this, because it's not what this sport should be about. The exact same thing is happening with/at the MotoGP TT at Assen by the way.

At least for the Zandvoort GP this year the flares will be prohibited. If they can successfully keep them out that is. Let's hope there rest of the weekend will be decent. I'll be there on the friday this year so I guess I'll experience it first hand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the flares are cool, it creates a cool atmosphere.... but only up to a point..... what we saw at Austria was totally overkill and I'd have been pretty fcked off if I missed the first lap because of them, so idk, maybe they can be done in a controlled manner?

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20