TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
pending wrote:
Did those idiots step on the track after they saw the red was out, or was that just pure luck?

It was pure luck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:30 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Fabs wrote:
Incredible
How will Ferrari ruin this?

With strategy of course :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Misterfreeman87 wrote:

What’s that? About 2-3 inches of clearance between his head and the ground? Frightening.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Sky DE showed the onboard of Mick in the last few corners - Max literally swerved towards him while under braking, when Mick was alongside.

There's strong defending and there's whatever the hell that was. I hope Haas protest tbh.

As they should. There's strong defending and then there's blatant refusing to yield even when the other car is literally alongside and you chop them off. Wasn't that the new rule they implemented in the off-season? Let's see if the FIA puts their money where their mouth is and hands Verstappen a 5-second penalty.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fabs wrote:
Leclerc about the conversation with Binotto:

"He wanted to chear me up"

Sure he did :lol:

What a load of crock :lol: Definitely looks like Binotto is telling him off to not be publicly critical of the team and their calls. When Leclerc had every right to be pissed at the strategy calls all throughout the race. Firstly, keeping him behind Sainz for lap after lap when he was clearly quicker. And secondly, leaving him hanging out there on used hard's when they could've done a stacked pit stop and still secured a possible 1-2 for the team. That's what now 4 potential wins that the team has cost him through poor strategy and unreliability?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Man, where was Ricciardo today? I had to double check that he didn't actually DNF in that first lap carnage and was shocked he was actually classified lol Dude was completely MIA today meanwhile Norris brings it home in a strong P6. Ouch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris A wrote:
Misterfreeman87 wrote:

What’s that? About 2-3 inches of clearance between his head and the ground? Frightening.

That's before digging in gravel :o

If this was 20 years ago, he'd have hopped on a moped to go back to the pits, and proudly show his scraped helmet top in an interview (if not in the T-car). They did the same comedy with Mick at SA, only to see him smiling an hour later, and jogging the next morning with a big smile on his face.

This being 2022, he was nursed into a pram while perfectly conscious and uninjured, and we won't get any further info or visuals.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ironic how Sainz letting Leclerc through, eventually helped him to win.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ironic 2 is how the people who condemn Verstappen for every move he made, are the same who go mental when you say something negative about Hamilton.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Chris A wrote:
Misterfreeman87 wrote:

If this was 20 years ago, he'd have hopped on a moped to go back to the pits, and proudly show his scraped helmet top in an interview (if not in the T-car). They did the same comedy with Mick at SA, only to see him smiling an hour later, and jogging the next morning with a big smile on his face.

This being 2022, he was nursed into a pram while perfectly conscious and uninjured, and we won't get any further info or visuals.

He almost certainly triggered the G-force sensors, and concussion (not to mention other kinds of head injury) frequently don't show up straight after they happen.

Instead, we got footage of him talking to people before the race had even ended, and plenty of replays from plenty of angles. Sorry, taking potential head injuries seriously isn't pussyfooting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
one thing is for sure, had this race been in America we'd miss some of the final lap fights because tv direction would be focusing on the fake crowds

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:53 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Omega wrote:
Ironic 2 is how the people who condemn Verstappen for every move he made, are the same who go mental when you say something negative about Hamilton.

Ironic 3 is Max was bitching on the radio all day today and the same people that point out when Lewis is complaining about tyres every 5 mins in a race have said nothing about it

Ironic 4 is Max was furious at his team and begging them to come in and retire, and those who criticised Lewis for this earlier in the season have said nothing about it

Also Ironic 2 is point blank not a comparison, Lewis just does not swerve like Max does in braking zones. They might be similar in the "ease the driver on the outside wide so he can't pass you" move from apex to exit of corner, but Lewis does NOT swerve at someone in the braking zone and on straights like Max did today and Alonso did last race

Lewis had a good, uncontraversial race today, you have to give him his due instead of looking for reasons to rile up his fans for no reason

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

gkmotorsport wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Chris A wrote:

He almost certainly triggered the G-force sensors, and concussion (not to mention other kinds of head injury) frequently don't show up straight after they happen.

Instead, we got footage of him talking to people before the race had even ended, and plenty of replays from plenty of angles. Sorry, taking potential head injuries seriously isn't pussyfooting.

This is one area where those "The world is terrible now and it was so much better and correct when I was a child" people are just plain wrong
British TV cut away from Senna's accident almost as soon as it happened and showed none of the aftermath, so maybe it's just normal for me because we were ahead of the curve on that one, but ever since the rest of the world got the graphic medical rescue attempts on Senna including a pile of his blood on the track, there has been a massive pushback in F1 circles about showing incidents too graphically

The time Kimi Broke a mechanic's leg, that time Webber shot a tyre at a cameraman and of course, Bianchi's accident have been treated in the same way, to the point that none of us really knew something had happened in Bianchi's case bar an incident with a Sauber that started it

The directors have a hell of a balance between not wanting to be too graphic and voyeuristic and still trying to give us good news if/when it comes, it's a fucking hard job, probably the hardest F1 TV directing gets, and for one wouldn't want to do it
I have no interest in seeing close up pictures of a driver being worked on, I've been at speedway meetings where a rider has been hurt and I just do not get the crowd wanting to crowd around and get a peak at what's happening and therefore making it harder for the paramedics to do their job/get access to the injured rider.
Even something like George running to the scene today, nice thought and ok I see why he was concerned, but you're NOT a trained medical professional so anything you do do will make the situation worse, clear out of the way and let the medical staff do their job please

I've also unfortunately witnessed a fatal incident at Birmingham and all I wanted to do was go home and forget that I ever liked Motorsport in the first place.
Sadly we had to stay at the track almost within eye line of the....incident in case the police wanted to interview us (And we had to pretend we might be carrying on with the event too so the crowd didn't go home and block up the access routes for the ambulance and police to get to us, standard procedure when there's been a fatality at a live event, sadly)

FOM did the right thing today. I'm sure the main issue was the awkwardness of getting Zhou out and the Halo meaning he couldn't climb out by himself and the car position meaning none of the lifting devices the marshals might use to right a flipped car would've worked either.
They didn't want to risk injuring him further by messing up the rescue so just took their sweet time with it
Quite right too

I don't know what you all want to see in these situations, but I'm ok waiting until the driver is confirmed OK before replays rather than the NBC way of showing replays even after we knew Dan Wheldon had been killed, will never forgive them for that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll admit I'm often critical of various Hamilton's off-track comments/activities, but he demonstrated today why he's still one of the best wheel-to-wheel racers in F1. He was in the thick of it at both the red flag restart and the safety car restart, getting mugged by other cars both times, scrapping in close quarters and still managed to come out of it unscathed and didn't punt anyone off either. Impressive driving for sure and a well deserved podium.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Verstappen's problems were caused by an Alpha Tauri endplate getting wedged in his floor, from when they collided. Just to rub salt in the wound for Red Bull :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:

Second year in a row that we have a massive crash that throws some bits of gravel and dust towards the crowd at Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just wondering. Ferrari arguably had the 3rd fastest car today and still managed to win the race. That looks so unlikely!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
I'll admit I'm often critical of various Hamilton's off-track comments/activities, but he demonstrated today why he's still one of the best wheel-to-wheel racers in F1. He was in the thick of it at both the red flag restart and the safety car restart, getting mugged by other cars both times, scrapping in close quarters and still managed to come out of it unscathed and didn't punt anyone off either. Impressive driving for sure and a well deserved podium.

I would go so far to say that Hamilton hasn't raced this well wheel-to-wheel for years. Last year he definitely fell into a tit-for-tat mentality with Max and pulled off numerous moves that were quite rash and nothing like the guy who made half of the GP2 field look ordinary. Before that, he spent a few years either not needing to pass anybody or having a car that just couldn't cope in traffic.

Today was quite a refreshing sight, from my point of view, but then you could probably say the same for several of the people he battled with.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:

That's some heroic camera work. On the other hand, where could you escape? The catch fence did its job.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 Next