TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 932 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great to see Carlos finally getting that pole. Hopefully both Ferraris can get a good start and take the fight to Max.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That was an insanely entertaining qualifying. Not sure the race will be even remotely close, but I'll take a boring race as long as Ferrari pull out a 1-2 and put a dent in Verstappen's points lead.
And how about that effort from Latifi? That was a pretty good "Not bad for a #2 driver" performance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:18 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

codename_47 wrote:
micha wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
Ricciardo down in 18th. He's done.

Yeah. Hard to defend him much longer.

I mean I wouldn't judge anyone based on their practice pace, could be all kinds of issues behind the scenes we don't know about

If it is that way after Qualifying, yeah, you're right

way behind Norris and behind Latifi, he's done now

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Will you sleep better once he is actually done and you can stop this weekly pronouncement, or will you have to find some other negative shit to drone about?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There will always be something negative :D .

It clearly is just not working out for Dan and McLaren. Unless he can pull his finger out and do a Monza real soon the trigger will probably be when his performance costs them places in the constructors championship. They are looking like they are going to be overtaken by Alpine and even Alfa at this rate.

The saving grace for him might actually be the driver market, there isn't a replacement of a high enough calibre available or drivers that are ready yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, it's not like producing a shitty car has had any impact on their place in the constructor's championship...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
as much as I like Danny for bringing up the show amid an internal war for the championship and winning great races, is time for him to let it go and bring another aussie in

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not against criticism where criticism's due, I'm just sick of the old Australian habit of rocking up to support your sports stars when they're winning, and heaping shit on them week after week when they aren't. You see the same thing on other Aussie forums, e.g. whirlpool, for any star and any sport - Miller in MotoGP, Power in Indycar, Barty in tennis. Even showing up to a footy game to boo your own side when they're underperforming. I think Aussies see it as being a true fan to be hard on your home side, but it's just obnoxious. Dish out the same criticism as you do any driver that's underperforming, but don't take it as your national duty to play the same "career over" record week after week, it got old sometime last year.

Of course, when your whole persona on a forum is to find the most predictable thing to moan about every event as some attempt at cool cynicism, maybe this is just what you do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:40 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Will you sleep better once he is actually done and you can stop this weekly pronouncement, or will you have to find some other negative shit to drone about?

He never has anything positive to say about anything, look at all his posts in other threads. Pointing out when teams have had bad losses or bad streaks, or drivers are having shit days. Just ignore it.

The reports are his contract is pretty solid, the only way McLaren can get him out of the seat is to pay him out.

Do you think McLaren will be willing to pay out his contract, bring in an Indycar or F2 driver who's hardly driven an F1 car, in the process having to sacrifice their championship, to be a number two driver in an average car?

He's safe until years end, at least (in my unqualified opinion).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's a shame that the Mclaren is so poor this season. To be fair to Ricciardo, he has finished ahead of Norris in the last two races, so hopefully he is beginning to get more out of the car. He's performed well throughout his career until recently. The issue has to be something to do with him and the Mclaren team/car. Either that, or Norris is absolutely brilliant and the car really is terrible.

Personally I feel that Ricciardo and Mclaren is just a bad fit, for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Montoya was in the McLaren pitbox, shock comeback in place of Ricciardo I'd say!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
I'm not against criticism where criticism's due, I'm just sick of the old Australian habit of rocking up to support your sports stars when they're winning, and heaping shit on them week after week when they aren't. You see the same thing on other Aussie forums, e.g. whirlpool, for any star and any sport - Miller in MotoGP, Power in Indycar, Barty in tennis. Even showing up to a footy game to boo your own side when they're underperforming. I think Aussies see it as being a true fan to be hard on your home side, but it's just obnoxious. Dish out the same criticism as you do any driver that's underperforming, but don't take it as your national duty to play the same "career over" record week after week, it got old sometime last year.

Of course, when your whole persona on a forum is to find the most predictable thing to moan about every event as some attempt at cool cynicism, maybe this is just what you do.

You have to look at the facts with Dan. He has regressed this year. Yes McLaren haven't produced a good car, but Dan's performances have gone backwards. He is constantly 3,4 tenths off Lando, often times 7,8 tenths off. It is a totally different story if he is a tenth or so behind him, but he is not.

Despite what you might think, he is still my favorite driver and I desperately want to see him be good again.

The truth is when you have a reputation as one of the best on the grid (either wrongly or rightly) and perform the way he has, he opens himself up to this criticism. I still hold out an irrational hope that he will turn up at the next weekend and blow everybody away, but that isn't happening. I don't think he will be replaced mid season, but if his lack of performances cost McLaren two additional spots in the constructors it won't be a pleasant place in the McLaren box.

And I don't even know what to make of your last statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:12 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

De Cesaris fan wrote:
It's a shame that the Mclaren is so poor this season. To be fair to Ricciardo, he has finished ahead of Norris in the last two races, so hopefully he is beginning to get more out of the car. He's performed well throughout his career until recently. The issue has to be something to do with him and the Mclaren team/car. Either that, or Norris is absolutely brilliant and the car really is terrible.

Personally I feel that Ricciardo and Mclaren is just a bad fit, for whatever reason.

It can happen and it's bizarre when obviously talented drivers change teams and it just doesn't gel, for whatever reason

Mansell won races with 2 teams, nearly a third (and in Lotus he was absolutely hated by the team boss that took over from Chapman but it seemed to spur him on) but just didn't work with Mclaren, either through lack of personal motivation (not going to the gym obv) and not getting on with Ron Dennis' ultra OCD nature, as well as the car being poor that year

In the 90s everyone said Frenzten was quicker than schumacher based on them being teammates in sportscars, but he just did not work at Williams, making the decision to sack the experienced Hill for him look ridiculous
Yet at Jordan, he had a second wind and almost a title run, and his team mate for that year faded away into retirement. Yep, the same Damon Hill, who did NOT Get on with the 99 Jordan (he says it was more the new for 99 4 grooved tyres than the car though)
And then there's the whole Zanardi year, also in 99 (maybe that was just a bad year for veterans lol)

It can happen and it's largely a mystery as to why

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There are some rain clouds coming on the radar. But will they disperse or dry out, I don't know.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Met Office has 50% chance of rain at the start of the race

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:24 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Well the ones in Birmingham are certainly paying out, I can vouch for that

But I'm not sure if it'll affect the race, yesterday it rained here about 10 mins AFTER silverstone, so the rain was going in that direction, not sure if it'll blow from here to Northampton today...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Those storms are moving east, so they will probably affect the circuit in an hour or so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
And I don't even know what to make of your last statement.

That's not referring to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:38 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Looks like the showers are splitting up and probably going north and south of the track.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Fabs wrote:
Looks like the showers are splitting up and probably going north and south of the track.

Rainkiller 3000 is working like clockwork today

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 932 Next