TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 37 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
"OMG I don't want this bad thing to happen/this team/driver I hate to win, so obviously it will happen, the race will be dull and we'll all have wasted her time" deluge and the driver shitfighting is part of that.

this part we do as a way to jinx like you and I usually do every race haha

but the past years put me in a constant wave of tension that hell's gates will open and disasters like Singapore 2017, Canada 2018 and Germany 2018 will happen once again making me questioning why do I still watch

but I want that Mercedes have a Ferrari 2020 season at least this and next year they can fight again

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:
Thank you for this post. I like seeing old school F1 crashes. I wonder if the Ralf Schumacher crash was captured by tbk, and if so if they can upload a better version now it doesn't have to be downloaded by 56k modems?

I've tried to use AI Upscaling for old clips, but you can only do so much, if the source quality is 144p.

It would be wonderful if FOM put their complete archive online on F1TV, including free practice sessions. But it seems highly unlikely given they haven't even managed to put all races online just from the last 20 years. So we are stuck with VHS/DVD rips.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
I might be banned for this but I'll survive.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

iks wrote:
gd49 wrote:
Can you really say Mercedes don't let their drivers race? I'd say compared to Ferrari and Red Bull they've been much more lenient, and definitely haven't shown the blatant favouritism those teams have.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

They were good about that when Rosberg was there. But Bottas wasn't as fast/consistent as Hamilton so it wasn't really an issue.

Russell has well and truly trounced his teammate this year though. And, is the only driver to have scored points in every race this season (and all in the top 5 to boot). Quite a good performance by him and I'm not really a fan of his (but don't dislike him).
Yeah think you make a good point, Russell is probably Hamilton's first teammate who can consistently outpace Hamilton. It's been masked a fair bit by all the car issues but would be interesting to see what they did if the car was faster than the rest of the field like it was in the past

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

JJ wrote:
gd49 wrote:
Thank you for this post. I like seeing old school F1 crashes. I wonder if the Ralf Schumacher crash was captured by tbk, and if so if they can upload a better version now it doesn't have to be downloaded by 56k modems?

I've tried to use AI Upscaling for old clips, but you can only do so much, if the source quality is 144p.

It would be wonderful if FOM put their complete archive online on F1TV, including free practice sessions. But it seems highly unlikely given they haven't even managed to put all races online just from the last 20 years. So we are stuck with VHS/DVD rips.

Forgive me if I've misunderstood but you should be able to get better quality than 144p from VHS/DVD rips? Presumably just requires someone to go back through and capture again?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:24 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
"OMG I don't want this bad thing to happen/this team/driver I hate to win, so obviously it will happen, the race will be dull and we'll all have wasted her time" deluge and the driver shitfighting is part of that.

this part we do as a way to jinx like you and I usually do every race haha

but the past years put me in a constant wave of tension that hell's gates will open and disasters like Singapore 2017, Canada 2018 and Germany 2018 will happen once again making me questioning why do I still watch

but I want that Mercedes have a Ferrari 2020 season at least this and next year they can fight again

You get anxious watching a race?

I'm honestly enjoying it no matter what happens, if it gave me anxiety I wouldn't watch lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can blame Ferrari for that, many years coming close to win the championship, so close you can miss it

but I do enjoy when someone new wins, or if Danny wins. Danny deserves to win a lot

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:
Forgive me if I've misunderstood but you should be able to get better quality than 144p from VHS/DVD rips? Presumably just requires someone to go back through and capture again?

I was talking about clips I have collected back from the old TBK. Sure, if someone had these incidents recorded on their VHS, they would be 240p (or 480p if they were recorded with DVD recorder or capture card). And with proper transfer and upscaling they could look reasonably non-shitty. ;)

DarcyF1 has much better collection of obscure F1 crashes than YouTube. Plus YouTube search just loops irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with the keywords. If I search "irvine monaco 2002 crash", I don't want to see 1996 Monaco Grand Prix Race Highlights :slaphead:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
I see 2 groups in the F1 section: Those who clearly like Hamilton, and those who clearly don't. In the pro-Hamilton group I see people trying to deny that they belong to that group, but everything they post oozes of it, although they don't seem to notice it and think they are "neutral". And they can't seem to grasp why anyone else is not in the group.
Put one of the pro-Hamilton and one of the anti-Hamilton against each other and chances are high that they will both come up with the same worthless discussion stoppers like whining and crybaby and so on. There are members, admins even, who can't stand anyone saying anti-Hamilton things but don't hesitate to use the exact same behaviour against other drivers, mostly Verstappen.

I see 2 groups in the F1 section: Those who speak their mind and have a laugh, and those who have to take everything serious and attack every opinion that they don't agree on in a rather agressive way. I have mentionned it here before, it's like they try to make other members feel guilty for having their opinion. There are not a lot of them, but they do it a lot and they make this place a toxic environment. I like to discuss things with people of the first group, I can't be bothered anymore to go in discussion or even try to explain myself to members of the second group.

It could be a coincidence but I see an overlap between the pro-Hamiltonners and the toxic members.

The Pro Ham against the anti Ham isn't too much of a problem. It's funny, it's people having a different opinion, it happens. I don't like seeing members being banned for a day for being too much anti Ham, especially when those capable of doing that are clearly anti Max and act the same way as the anti Hammers without being banned.
The toxic members are a big problem, as they kill all discussion by wanting to discuss EVERYTHING and in a toxic way. I don't call names on purpose.

This post will probably be deleted soon as concerns about this forum are quickly censored.
I might be banned for this but I'll survive.

This post has all the benchmarks proving my previous point:

- Shifting the pro/neutral/anti spectrum towards an extreme.
- Mistaking the less extreme members of your own group as the reasonable neutrals worth discussing with, and pretending you're having a balanced discussion, while dismissing any actually balanced opinion as an extreme from the "other" group.
- Complaining about being banned/censored/prevented from discussion.

I'm just glad this is a motorsport forum and we're not discussing the other typical topics where this sort of non-sense occurs on the internet - although in the case of Hamilton in particular, they can dangerously overlap.

The reason I started speaking up more sharply recently (particularly to your partner in crime who is way more blatant), is that I'm sick of sitting back. Our silence is what allows this sort of toxicity to thrive on the internet and slowly shift the debate. You feel as part of a group but really there's only two of you that I'm aware of. The others that dislike Hamilton don't act the same way, and most reasonable people can spot the subtle difference.

So yes, you and your partner in crime will be challenged when you go out of line (and that goes beyond being just being "anti-Hamilton", even if you're blind to it). Not to impose an opinion on you or try to change your mind, nobody can do that or has the right to. But to leave it written up here as a counter-weight for the others, the vast silent majority of reasonable balanced readers, to prevent this toxicity from spreading and to center the debate around more moderate positions.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:34 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Omega wrote:
It could be a coincidence but I see an overlap between the pro-Hamiltonners and the toxic members.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What about the group on here that knows he is one of the great drivers but think personally he is a bit of a tool?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
What about the group on here that knows he is one of the great drivers but think personally he is a bit of a tool?

That´s the racist group, according to some members.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 11:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:

Depends, do you completely ignore race facts and regularly go out of your way to bring up the Ham over pesky details, even when he isn't even relevant? You know the answer to this question, so don't let the crybabies make you doubt yourself and have to choose a "group" just because you dislike his persona.

This has been going on for years. Heck, we had countless race threads start and before any rubber is laid on track, pictures are brought up and nasty comments start about past declarations, physical attributes, clothing, or even recently about positive things the man did. This goes beyond sanity in my book, but I'll leave it here and move on to the next race of the sport I love :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 4:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jos whining about Red Bull strategy reminds me of those soccer dads whining at the coach for not giving their kid enough playing time. :lol: Well Jos, maybe if your boy didn't get regularly outpaced by Checo the entire weekend, Red Bull might've been able to give him a race winning strategy. :roll:

Quote:
Jos Verstappen, the father of F1 world champion Max, has criticised Red Bull's Monaco Grand Prix strategy and said the team should have prioritised his son and not Sergio Perez.

"Red Bull achieved a good result, but at the same time exerted little influence to help Max to the front," Jos wrote in a blog post posted to MaxVerstappen.com.
"That he finished third, he owes to Ferrari's mistake at that second stop of Charles Leclerc. The championship leader, Max, was not helped in that sense by the chosen strategy. It turned completely to Checo's [Perez] favour. That was disappointing to me, and I would have liked it to be different for the championship leader.

"Max's third place was very disappointing," Joe wrote. "We all saw that it was a difficult weekend for him.
"It starts with the car, which simply doesn't have the characteristics for his driving style yet. Max has far too little grip at the front axle. And especially in Monaco, with all those short corners, you need a car that turns very quickly. That was just hard."

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3401 ... -monaco-gp

Last edited by Karan on Tue May 31, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

https://www.tiktok.com/@felix_f1content ... x3yC9UjpXc :lol: :lol:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
If I search "irvine monaco 2002 crash", I don't want to see 1996 Monaco Grand Prix Race Highlights :slaphead:

But why not, great race :p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:56 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Karan wrote:
Jos whining about Red Bull strategy reminds me of those soccer dads whining at the coach for not giving their kid enough playing time. :lol: Well Jos, maybe if your boy didn't get regularly outpaced by Checo the entire weekend, Red Bull might've been able to give him a race winning strategy. :roll:

Quote:
Jos Verstappen, the father of F1 world champion Max, has criticised Red Bull's Monaco Grand Prix strategy and said the team should have prioritised his son and not Sergio Perez.

"Red Bull achieved a good result, but at the same time exerted little influence to help Max to the front," Jos wrote in a blog post posted to MaxVerstappen.com.
"That he finished third, he owes to Ferrari's mistake at that second stop of Charles Leclerc. The championship leader, Max, was not helped in that sense by the chosen strategy. It turned completely to Checo's [Perez] favour. That was disappointing to me, and I would have liked it to be different for the championship leader.

"Max's third place was very disappointing," Joe wrote. "We all saw that it was a difficult weekend for him.
"It starts with the car, which simply doesn't have the characteristics for his driving style yet. Max has far too little grip at the front axle. And especially in Monaco, with all those short corners, you need a car that turns very quickly. That was just hard."

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3401 ... -monaco-gp

Jos Verstappen is a wife beater. Fuck that guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:
JJ wrote:
If I search "irvine monaco 2002 crash", I don't want to see 1996 Monaco Grand Prix Race Highlights :slaphead:

But why not, great race :p

I feel that recently, it became difficult to search and find older videos on Youtube. Maybe it's due to the amount of content, or the almighty algorithm, but I have trouble even looking for specific videos I know exist, because they get drowned in other more popular/recent similarly tagged content - especially if it's reposted often.

For the Ralf practice crash, I had to shift through countless videos of his 2005 qualy crash before managing to get to this single potato clip of his 2001 practice crash.

This is vastly different from my late 2000s/early 2010s experience of Youtube. It seems it's shifted a lot towards topical videos and recent news, rather than an archive.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

happened the same to me when I went to look for Berger crash at Monaco (a fairly simple one, just lost at the second part of the swimming pool), but all they gave me was the Imola one

of course this video came from this forum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, those TBK.FAMEFLAME.DK channels are all mine. But I have kept the original filenames, so they are not always easily to be found, and even YouTube algorithm can't find them if they are named like 2001_f1_unknown_montecarlo.asf or IRV_MON_02.mpeg.

And like you said, YouTube emphasizes new videos and Formula 1's official channel in the search, so if you have "Crash" and "Monaco" as two of the keywords, Mick's crash and 2022 Race Highlight will be among the top 10 results.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 37 Next