TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 37 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
Beezle wrote:
amq55 wrote:
On the flip side, Mick can fight for points whilst I doubt Fittipaldi will be able to get in that mix.

He also brings the only Sponsor the team has.

and has the Ferrari backing. Only gets out if the Scuderia says so

has somebody on social media confirmed the power outage or they just came up with that to justify their blunders and place the blame on race organizers again?

Sky mentioned they lost power for a bit during their broadcast and couldn't see what was being shown on the monitors.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
in the end I guess it was the best decision or the yakety sax would start playing right after the lights out

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Haha, this reminds me of my youth in Morocco:

Rain => traffic lights outage => mayhem, jams and delays

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mick isn't the first Schumacher to have a taste of the swimming pool:

Eddie Irvine had another one:

Two obscure crashes, I remember them from back in the day, but rarely ever shown and difficult to find vids that are not potato quality.

I recall Charlie Withing said they can't bring back the wall due to the approach speeds, and he was proven right by Mick's scary accident yesterday. But then again, it's a self-inflicted problem. They made the first chicane insanely quick by remodelling it constantly. Both drivers above arrived way slower on the tyrewall than Mick, Ricciardo, or even Hughes in F2, did.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:13 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Not to forget...

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fun fact, his car was torn because the barrier caught the rest of the car. I got this from Jacques Villeneuve's commentary yesterday so could be jack, but you can barely see it slice open in the CCTV footage so who knows. Also being an early 90s backmarker car so probably held together by a couple duct tape rolls and the lord's mercy and grace.

Nice to see that marshalling techniques for back axle removal have not changed in decades :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 5:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Fabs wrote:
So this is allowed now? Images were clearly showing he crossed it :tumble:

If you penalise Max you have to deal with Horner whining in your race control office for hours and hours so they probably CBA dealing with him

That's why I call him Whinger Spice now.

Borderline fanboying! :wave:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 5:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:
Gaara wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

If you penalise Max you have to deal with Horner whining in your race control office for hours and hours so they probably CBA dealing with him

That's why I call him Whinger Spice now.

Borderline fanboying! :wave:
but that´s allowed, as long as it isn´t against Hamilton

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 5:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Haha, oppressed victims ITT

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 5:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

can't deny Ginger Spice is quite a pleasant view at the grid, she's looking way better than her Spice Girls days

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Haha, oppressed victims ITT

More like double standards

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I actually don't know what people on the forum like about the sport any more

But I certainly know exactly who and what they hate.

And am reminded of it constantly.

Being a fan of something is a terrible crime, "everything is shit" is the only way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Mick isn't the first Schumacher to have a taste of the swimming pool:

Eddie Irvine had another one:

Two obscure crashes, I remember them from back in the day, but rarely ever shown and difficult to find vids that are not potato quality.

I recall Charlie Withing said they can't bring back the wall due to the approach speeds, and he was proven right by Mick's scary accident yesterday. But then again, it's a self-inflicted problem. They made the first chicane insanely quick by remodelling it constantly. Both drivers above arrived way slower on the tyrewall than Mick, Ricciardo, or even Hughes in F2, did.
Thank you for this post. I like seeing old school F1 crashes. I wonder if the Ralf Schumacher crash was captured by tbk, and if so if they can upload a better version now it doesn't have to be downloaded by 56k modems?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I see 2 groups in the F1 section: Those who clearly like Hamilton, and those who clearly don't. In the pro-Hamilton group I see people trying to deny that they belong to that group, but everything they post oozes of it, although they don't seem to notice it and think they are "neutral". And they can't seem to grasp why anyone else is not in the group.
Put one of the pro-Hamilton and one of the anti-Hamilton against each other and chances are high that they will both come up with the same worthless discussion stoppers like whining and crybaby and so on. There are members, admins even, who can't stand anyone saying anti-Hamilton things but don't hesitate to use the exact same behaviour against other drivers, mostly Verstappen.

I see 2 groups in the F1 section: Those who speak their mind and have a laugh, and those who have to take everything serious and attack every opinion that they don't agree on in a rather agressive way. I have mentionned it here before, it's like they try to make other members feel guilty for having their opinion. There are not a lot of them, but they do it a lot and they make this place a toxic environment. I like to discuss things with people of the first group, I can't be bothered anymore to go in discussion or even try to explain myself to members of the second group.

It could be a coincidence but I see an overlap between the pro-Hamiltonners and the toxic members.

The Pro Ham against the anti Ham isn't too much of a problem. It's funny, it's people having a different opinion, it happens. I don't like seeing members being banned for a day for being too much anti Ham, especially when those capable of doing that are clearly anti Max and act the same way as the anti Hammers without being banned.
The toxic members are a big problem, as they kill all discussion by wanting to discuss EVERYTHING and in a toxic way. I don't call names on purpose.

This post will probably be deleted soon as concerns about this forum are quickly censored.
I might be banned for this but I'll survive.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
I actually don't know what people on the forum like about the sport any more

But I certainly know exactly who and what they hate.

And am reminded of it constantly.

Being a fan of something is a terrible crime, "everything is shit" is the only way.

I was always a huge Eddie Irvine and Jacques Villeneuve fan tbh. As well as Juan Montoya, Kimi (who doesn't like Kimi), and even Fernando (not till his McLaren days tbh).

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

up to 2016 I enjoyed rooting for Hamilton as he is more talented than Rosberg and because I dislike Rosberg

the problem after that is Mercedes, the root of all problems, I'm totally anti-Mercedes and I'll keep like this until Toto quits (or let their drivers fight for the championship if they're dominating)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can you really say Mercedes don't let their drivers race? I'd say compared to Ferrari and Red Bull they've been much more lenient, and definitely haven't shown the blatant favouritism those teams have.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:56 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Well I don't know what group I fall in, but I would say the one thing I'm tired of more than anything else is negativity about everything, whether it's about Lewis/Mercedes, Liberty Media, the race directing, the TV directing, the chance of rain falling, the chance of racing happening in the rain paydrivers, commentators, whatever else, EVERYTHING ELSE

Being fans of a driver or team and not of another is to be expected, but aren't we fans of the sport first? Don't we take time out of our busy lives for racing? Don't we sit in our day jobs thinking "yay, it's race weekend this weekend" like we were kids again?

I still have that excitement but it seems all we get on here is like an edgelord thing of "Everything is shit now and it will only get worse" as if being positive and happy about something is only gonna lead to people taking the piss out of you forever...

I don't even see people celebrating great races, brilliant overtakes, amazed that people survive big crashes or even their favourite driver doing well
It's just a depressive "OMG I don't want this bad thing to happen/this team/driver I hate to win, so obviously it will happen, the race will be dull and we'll all have wasted her time" deluge and the driver shitfighting is part of that.
As I say, I don't know who anyone is a fan of, but I know they hate Hamilton because it comes up a LOT

This is the season everyone who has been moaning about Hamilton's dominance have been craving for 7 years
Mercedes are barely a factor and Ferrari and Red Bull are going at it (for a bit....until Red Bull dominate anyway)
Can't you all just....enjoy it instead of trying to make every single post about Mercedes either being shit or coming back?
The porpoising isn't going away it seems, they won't be back until 2023 at the earliest, but F1 moves on quick so their time is likely over for a good long time now.
Enjoy it while it lasts, there's about 5/6 years until the next rules change when things get shaken up again, lets just enjoy the better racing and great new cars before F1 inevitably changes again

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

gd49 wrote:
Can you really say Mercedes don't let their drivers race? I'd say compared to Ferrari and Red Bull they've been much more lenient, and definitely haven't shown the blatant favouritism those teams have.

This

If it was Ferrari or Red Bull with the step mercedes took in 2014, that would've been the worst 3 seasons in F1 history

We owe them a lot for letting their drivers race equally.

Bottas was different as they had to deal with a resurgant Ferrari and, tbh, it never looked like he had Lewis' pace no matter what, that's probably why they're still friends now :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gd49 wrote:

They were good about that when Rosberg was there. But Bottas wasn't as fast/consistent as Hamilton so it wasn't really an issue.

Russell has well and truly trounced his teammate this year though. And, is the only driver to have scored points in every race this season (and all in the top 5 to boot). Quite a good performance by him and I'm not really a fan of his (but don't dislike him).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 37 Next