TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 3537 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ferrari have protested Verstappen's result on the basis of him crossing the line. I have to say, they have a strong case for once.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Perez achieved some interesting statistics. Being his first at Monaco, is also his first on wet weather and he's also the most successful mexican in F1 history

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:58 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

So the delayed start was NOT because of the rain: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/power ... /10313532/

Also: rules for pit lane exit don't seem to apply anymore.

:lol: :flag:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Conclusions of the Stewards:
Having considered the various statements made by the parties, and having reviewed the case of
Car 18 in the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix, which involved a similar situation to this, the Stewards
determine the following:
1. Article 2.1 of the 2022 Formula One Sporting Regulations provides that “All…officials..undertake
to observe all the provisions of …the Code, …..the Formula One Sporting Regulations…”.
2. This places an obligation on the Race Director (and the Stewards) to comply with those regulations.
3. Accordingly, the Notesissued by the Race Director cannot contradict the Code or the Formula One
Sporting Regulations

4. Article 5 c) of Chapter IV of Appendix L of the Code stipulates that at the pit exit a car “must not
cross” the line.
5. In this case, the car did not “cross” the line – to do so it would have needed to have a full wheel to
the left of the yellow line.
6. Accordingly the driver did not breach the relevant section of the Code and this takes precedent
over any interpretation of the Notes.
The Protest is therefore dismissed and the Protest Fee is forfeited.

Aka he stepped on the line but didn't cross it.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Young people who haven't done their history:

OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

Jaded F1 fans who have seen 1992, 2001 and 2012:

Yeah this is the finishing order

From a fellow old fart: fuck you sir :p , I like trains of frustrated drivers and just you wait, something will happen some day. Still always more fun than gaps. And arguably (my opinion that I know is extreme) more fun than regular tracks where passes are made quickly and then gaps created by the faster guys to the finish.

Motor races should create opportunity for a slower driver to outsmart and win, and only Monaco allows this :excited:

(Also, add 2002 and a train of 4 cars for the lead behind Coulthard's slowly dying engine).

Last edited by Coldtyre on Sun May 29, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what about that race in Jarama (pretty much a Monaco without barriers) when Gilles held the biggest train from the lead in F1 history

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:02 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Coldtyre wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Young people who haven't done their history:

OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

Jaded F1 fans who have seen 1992, 2001 and 2012:

Yeah this is the finishing order

From a fellow old fart: fuck you sir :p , I like trains of frustrated drivers and just you wait, something will happen some day.

(Also, add 2002 and a train of 4 cars for the lead behind Coulthard's slowly dying engine).

It'll be harder to think of passes for the lead or even podium places than the obvious races where the leader is a lot slower but no-one can get by them

I know Montoya passed 1 car in 2004 and Lewis again sneaked through someone in 2011/2 early in the race that made us all think "oh, is DRS gonna change Monaco and make it possible to pass here!?" (lol...nope)
Then there was that 2005 race where the tyres were really suffering during the no tyre change year where there was some late race drama and Williams throwing it down the inside of Renaults in wild moves....

That'll be it, I expect

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So Verstappen case has been explained above.

For Ocon: he went to the stewards and they explained that a new rule this year penalises the driver outside if there's already a car inside. They stated it's new and this would've been a racing incident last year. They stated they also don't really think it's a good rule but they have to apply it.

These were Ocon's words to french TV after the race. If this is true, I can't wait to see the shitstorm from future similar contacts this year, with higher stakes at play. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 10:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was always opposed to that old rule. No, it's not because you get your nose next to the car in front that you have made the pass. But the driver in front must realise he can't steer in to the apex when there's a car next to him. Plenty of cases before, when the driver in front just steers like there's no one there, they make contact and the driver behind was always seen as the one who made the error. And it was bullshit.

But it's also stupid that if the exact same manoeuvre happened last year, Hamilton would have been penalised and this year it's Ocon.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 10:21 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Does that mean the Vettel intimidation block on a car alongside him(Malaysia 2017, Brazil 2019) amid others, is now illegal too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 11:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
So the delayed start was NOT because of the rain: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/power ... /10313532/

On one hand, we cannot criticize race direction as they couldn't do anything else.

On the other hand, however, it is very concerning that a track is under the risk of power outage when it rains. That's some terrible job around.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:44 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

So as far as I can see Mick Schumacher has written off two chassis now. I don't even think Mazepin would have done this amount of damage, surely he's in trouble?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Does that mean the Vettel intimidation block on a car alongside him(Malaysia 2017, Brazil 2019) amid others, is now illegal too

This is why this shouldn't be legally enforced if the overlap is 50-50-ish. If it's a blatant turn-in like Schumacher 94+97, penalty to car in front. If you punt someone with the wing or front wheel vs rear wheel, penalty to guy behind.

For everything in-between, and yesterday was one of those, racing incident and call it a day. Not every incident needs a penalty, that's what the Internet forgets while looking for the "responsible". They'll sort it out on track and as Kimi says, it evens out over a mong period of time.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do the stewards look at a bit more than just the corner - Hamilton was alongside Ocon on the straight, then was braking earlier for the tighter inside line, so Ocon should really have known he was there and left some space at the apex - different to Hamilton being behind and sticking his nose into the apex at the last minute.

Agree a racing incident would have been fairest, especially as Ocon was at risk of a puncture from turning in on Hamilton.
EAS wrote:
Fabs wrote:

On one hand, we cannot criticize race direction as they couldn't do anything else.

On the other hand, however, it is very concerning that a track is under the risk of power outage when it rains. That's some terrible job around.
Pretty bad communication not to get that info out during the 1 hour delay

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
So as far as I can see Mick Schumacher has written off two chassis now. I don't even think Mazepin would have done this amount of damage, surely he's in trouble?

On the flip side, Mick can fight for points whilst I doubt Fittipaldi will be able to get in that mix.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:44 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

amq55 wrote:

On the flip side, Mick can fight for points whilst I doubt Fittipaldi will be able to get in that mix.

He also brings the only Sponsor the team has.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beezle wrote:
amq55 wrote:

If sponsor income - wrecks = 0 what would be the use?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:48 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Rather convenient that a "power outage" prevents the FIA conducting their precious red flag standing start :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beezle wrote:
amq55 wrote:

and has the Ferrari backing. Only gets out if the Scuderia says so

has somebody on social media confirmed the power outage or they just came up with that to justify their blunders and place the blame on race organizers again?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well, at least for me, the information of power outage came from different sources than any official F1 channel. Can't see journalists coming with a fake story only to make F1 actions seem reasonable.

By the way, it was the same lack of transparency that we saw on Saturday's UEFA Champions League Final, in which UEFA used such dubious wording that made it seem like the fans were to take the blame on the delayed match start.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 3537 Next