TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The whole mess is awesome and his shirt is the cherry on the top of it.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Hamilton really got into some people's heads. He was not relevant in this race, and certainly has no relevance in this championship, yet is still the topic of some mad obsessions :lol:

That's because he was THE dominant factor in the last 8 seasons and people got really tired of him. So now that he's struggeling, it is immensly fun to watch. The trend of the last years, I don't care who wins as long as Mercedes loses, has grown a lot last year and is continuing to grow.

Also, the whole "hamilton really got into some people's head" is a full Trump-cult argument which they also use whenever someone is reporting actual bad news about him.

In the meantime, both the Trump-cult and Hamilton-cult continues to worship him and fail to see the issues. But whenever someone else brings it up they're a hater or trump/hamilton got into their head :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:52 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

micha wrote:
Omega wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Hamilton really got into some people's heads. He was not relevant in this race, and certainly has no relevance in this championship, yet is still the topic of some mad obsessions :lol:

That's because he was THE dominant factor in the last 8 seasons and people got really tired of him. So now that he's struggeling, it is immensly fun to watch. The trend of the last years, I don't care who wins as long as Mercedes loses, has grown a lot last year and is continuing to grow.

Also, the whole "hamilton really got into some people's head" is a full Trump-cult argument which they also use whenever someone is reporting actual bad news about him.

In the meantime, both the Trump-cult and Hamilton-cult continues to worship him and fail to see the issues. But whenever someone else brings it up they're a hater or trump/hamilton got into their head :roll:

Liking Lewis Hamilton for his driving talent is just the same as liking and defending Trump, good to know.

I think this discourse is at an end now, can we just have a few races where no-one mentions him unless he overtakes someone or something? Absolutely nothing good is coming from it aside from people showing how much a capacity they have for hatred

Schumacher did NOT get this in 2005 after he had a similarly bad season, and we can go back through the history of the forum to prove it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Schumacher didn't had the evil empire (Mercedes) behind him like Hamilton has

how can Ferrari be described as evil if they race with passion, has a soul within, a legacy of thoroughbreds, underdogs even when they were dominating just because they're messy italians running their operation?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:

how can Ferrari be described as evil if they race with passion, has a soul within, a legacy of thoroughbreds, underdogs even when they were dominating just because they're messy italians running their operation?

Plus, while Schumacher had a subpar 2005, which in many regards he was much more handcuffed by the Ferrari/Bridgestone's than Hamilton is thus far in 2022, he didn't a habit of preaching to the world that "we win and lose as a team", only to publicly turn on the team the moment things went downhill in 2005, the way Hamilton has been sulking when things don't go his way. Frankly though this isn't exactly a new trait with Hamilton. He's been doing that since the start of his career. He's just gotten much better at managing the PR aspect of what he puts out there. Although the true colors always come out in the heat of battle.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:59 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:

How quickly they forget....

Ferrari were definitely seen as the evil empire back in the day, with extra FIArarri mafia, whole sport has to bend to their wishes grumbling on top

Plus Merc hasn't done anything as bad as Austria 2001 and 2002, and that whole tyre change they forced through the FIA in the latter part of 2003 was utter bullshit and ruined what was up to then a great season and it was a joker card they'd been keeping in their back pocket since Michelin joined the sport....

Plus if it was Ferrari dominating in 2014-16, we would not have had a title battle between team mates either

So no, the situation between schumacher's 2005 (he blamed the FIA for changing the rules to hobble ferrari) and Lewis' 2022 are pretty similar, only one got the "he's still a great talent but they haven't made a great car for him" arguments and one gets the "he's been shit all along and it's finally coming home to roost for him" bullshit

I'd say F1 fans couldn't have it both ways, but they clearly think they can

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:06 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Don't forget Red Bull and the tyres in 2013. That was on par with the Ferrari @ Monza 2003 thing.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ferrari International Assistance

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

funny that the tides turned so dramatically once Mercedes started dominating

first, FIA tried hard to stop Ferrari and they managed to, at a high price of botched rules and controversy. Mercedes domination was considerably longer and every time someone tried to defy it, they took it away (a driving error turned into a penalty that took a victory away from Vettel, regulating pitstops to take Red Bull advantage, etc.)

second, Ferrari never played that hateful game of not underestimating themselves making it looks like it was damn wrong to rape the field. They were very clear to win and they didn't hide that instead of sandbagging and raising false hopes of good competition

third, team orders are quite common and both teams did it. No way to stop that unless they start penalizing with no investigation every same team change of position without any opposition (slowing down on track, purposedly slower pit stops)

and finally, no hypocrite bulshit like "we like competition" but then start whining to take away advantage of other cars in the field

and that's why I feel that the Abu Dhabi farce it was the moment when they returned F1 back to us. Plus everyone knows who is Enzo Ferrari and his many monikers, but only a few know that was a czech named Emil Jelinek that named the company Mercedes

tl;dr: Mercedes made more harm to the sport than Ferrari, thus the real evil empire

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:06 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
or charging more from Crypto for the naming rights
I doubt Crypto will even be around next year.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

no doubt about it. The main question is whether F1 will drown with them or suck every penny from Crypto before the ship sinks

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I hope F1 gets their money up front, and not in crypto.

As much shit slinging as is going Lewis's way, a year of this and people's view on him will have softened considerably. Every great athlete needs the occasional struggle to show they can be a sympathetic character. If he comes back next year and wins no 8 he'll probably have a few more people cheering for him as a result. And he's sledging his team as much as any driver on the grid sledges their team through the race, they just like to play Lewis's radio more.

There's not much point comparing Lewis's treatment in 2013 to Schumi's in 2005, the internet and F1's fanbase is a very different world than it was 17 years ago. And of course that influences discussion, even on TBK. But I do recall a lot of people being pretty happy to see Michael struggle at the time. The difference was he (and most drivers at the time) were much more closed off to the media and didn't give a lot of fodder to use against him other than just results. And again, back then his every fart wasn't instantly a trending retweet.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
The whole mess is awesome and his shirt is the cherry on the top of it.

Martin confusing the college basketball guy for Patrick Mahomes might've been the best bit. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
tl;dr: Mercedes made more harm to the sport than Ferrari, thus the real evil empire

This is an almost comical level of selective memory. Mercedes' domination definitely hasn't been good for the sport, but they never forced a driver to give up a certain win to cover Lewis when he was already running away with the championship. They never wrapped a tyre supplier around their wishes so hard that other teams couldn't compete properly because of having to run "Mercedes-spec" tyres.

Ferrari gave themselves the bad reputation with their actions. The terms "Ferrari International Assistance" and "FIArrari" didn't form in a vacuum. Instead of welcoming the competition when they were utterly dominant, they continuously tried to pull the rug out from under any team which might pose a threat, and weren't ashamed to push for rule changes to further benefit them even when they were untouchable.

Only one of these teams has a veto over F1 rule-making discussions, and insisted on keeping it even with the latest Concord agreement. Sure, both teams made the sport dull and predictable, but claiming that Mercedes is 'evil' is both childish and ignorant of history.

And what does the nationality of the founder have to do with the F1 team? That's a... bizarre point to make.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Schumacher did NOT get this in 2005 after he had a similarly bad season, and we can go back through the history of the forum to prove it.

You have no idea how much joy it brought me, watching how Ferrari struggled in 2005 after years of dominance. Suddenly they were getting beaten by a new team called Red Bull. I reacted exactly the same to Schumacher as I react now to Hamilton.
In 2000 Schumacher finaly brought Ferrari the title. By 2004 I was really tired of this dominance.
Replace Schumacher/Ferrari by Vettel/Red Bull in 2013, and my relief that Vettel couldn´t win in 2014 (when his teammate could).
I was a fan of Hamilton in 2007 because he was the young guy that could prevent an Alonso dominance. Now I love to see him lose.
The longer the dominance, the more joy it brings when they lose. I now like Verstappen, ask me again in 4.5 years when he´s a 5 time champion.

Last comparison: Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton all proved to be real dicks once in the car. Only Hamilton has proven he´s a dick outside the car too.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
Plus everyone knows who is Enzo Ferrari and his many monikers, but only a few know that was a czech named Emil Jelinek that named the company Mercedes

I looked this up out of curiosity. Emil Jellinek was born in Leipzig, to an Austro-Hungarian father who was born in Vienna. The family grew up in Vienna.

I would love to know what you're getting at with this, because the other information about Jellinek's background makes this a potentially huge dogwhistle.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:30 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Omega wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Only Hamilton has proven he´s a dick outside the car too.

Can you elaborate on this? Mayeb im out of the loop, but as much as i like to see Hamilton lose and am sick of his domination, I always liked him as a person. He didn't hesitate to talk shit about being in Saudi Arabia and even wore his LGBT helmet there without giving a fuck, which I respect. Seems like a decent dude. Also honest about his mental health struggles.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
I looked this up out of curiosity. Emil Jellinek was born in Leipzig, to an Austro-Hungarian father who was born in Vienna. The family grew up in Vienna.

I would love to know what you're getting at with this, because the other information about Jellinek's background makes this a potentially huge dogwhistle.

let's keep him as the guy who named Mercedes as Mercedes haha I was just trying to say that the Drake, il Commendatore, signore Enzo Ferrari is perhaps the most important figure in motorsports history, for the bad and for the good

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

let's keep him as the guy who named Mercedes as Mercedes haha I was just trying to say that the Drake, il Commendatore, signore Enzo Ferrari is perhaps the most important figure in motorsports history, for the bad and for the good

He used his daughter's name for the first car built to his specification by Daimler and then used it for various other things, eventually adding it to his own surname. Mercedes racing cars were winning races when Enzo was literally a toddler and the Mercedes 35 PS from 1901 could be considered the first 'modern' car. I very much doubt Enzo Ferrari was unaware of the history of the Mercedes name in motorsport.

Regardless, you're performing backflips to ignore the fact that Ferrari stamped all over the possibility of competition F1 in the early 00s, and it isn't fooling anybody. Neither Mercedes nor Ferrari are 'evil'.

Look at it another way - Ferrari gained their right of veto in 1980, and yet between then and Enzo's death the only time they behaved like 00s Ferrari was when they threatened to quite F1 and go racing in IndyCar. This wasn't even over competition, it was because F1 threatened to exclude the V12 engines that were a selling point for their road cars.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what can I say, I'm an italian racing fanboy :lol: :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next