TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Williams have scored points before Aston Martin did.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
micha wrote:
Wonder if that Williams move is legal. But Albon proofs that mandatory pitstops need to go. He would have gotten p7 without a stop

In that case, with more degradation please. We would have gotten a queue of cars on hards all race, tyres were so OP today.

Cool race overall, in the end there were no boring parts, always some storyline developing. :)

I think the way Williams did it works enough to upset some but would never have worked up front.
It worked very limited in the early 90s but not well enough to make it a standard strategy. And thats how it should be.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:36 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Vettel did it once in Monza...2010 I think?

Also Maldanado crashed at Vettel corner if we're collecting past incidents that this race reminds us of...

Lewis is also traditionally a good starter at Melbourne too, so that was also reminiscent :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:34 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Vettel isn't just last in the standings. He's not in the standings.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fairly enjoyable race. I was worried that all the DRS zones would make overtaking too easy, but that wasn't the case at all. Some great battles down in the pack that went on for several laps. That's why the DRS argument is such a difficult one - there are some tracks where it is needed and others where it is too powerful. The new Melbourne layout was fast and challenging. I love that there's still grass and gravel on the outside of every corner. Almost everyone seemed to go off the road at some point over the weekend.

Disappointing for Max. Seeing the cars breaking down is a good thing, in my opinion. It adds a little bit more tension towards the end of the races, but hopefully Red Bull won't keep screwing up and allow LeClerc to run away with the title. I've been impressed with Perez so far this season. You'd still put your money on Max in a straight fight, but he's a lot closer in qualifying this year and able to pick up the points when something does happen to Max.

Really impressed with Albon today. I have to admit that I thought he was poor at Red Bull and didn't expect him to show anything at Williams. He already seems to have pace over Latifi and drove an incredible stint on old tyres, in probably the slowest car. Maybe he just needed some confidence back.

Aston Martin... It's sad to see Vettel tooling around at the back and stuffing it in the barriers again. In his defence, he's had very little running all season and a heavily compromised weekend with little practice time. The car looks a handful, but it was still a weekend littered with rookie mistakes. I could see him stepping away from F1 if the performance is like that all season. Stroll just seems like a complete liability every time another car is around him. I'd blame him for the qualifying incident (Latifi may have confused him by letting him past and then re-passing, but his awareness was awful). He has the odd moment where you think there's some talent, but then goes and makes the same mistakes again and again.

Controversial opinion, but I wouldn't mind if Mercedes did find a bit more speed. Not to the point of being the fastest car again; just fast enough to mix it with Ferrari and Red Bull. You would have six drivers able to fight for poles and wins each race, because all the 'number 2s' seem a lot stronger this year. Russell has settled in nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
breakdowns like the one Max had is something I miss in F1. I hope it could happen more often in the next races, with another cars to make classification more scrambled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Beezle wrote:
Vettel isn't just last in the standings. He's not in the standings.

I noticed that during the broadcast but thought they just didn't want to bother adding a new page for one driver.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:58 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Vettel isn't classified because he only has 1 DNF to his name so he can't be classified per rule. Only drivers who have scored at least one classified finish can be featured in the standings.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
breakdowns like the one Max had is something I miss in F1. I hope it could happen more often in the next races, with another cars to make classification more scrambled

This whole weekend had quite the mid-90s vibe - cars breaking down, cars spinning, stupid unaware pay drivers...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the only 90's thing missing was shady characters funding underfunded teams from the back of the grid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:17 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Grande Ferrari

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:22 pm 

LucasWheldon wrote:
the only 90's thing missing was shady characters funding underfunded teams from the back of the grid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:44 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

He reminds me of George R R Martin

In that he has a big beard and promises things about the future that he never delivers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Difference is George RR Martin had at least created something amazing prior to making promises :lol:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So got around to watching the replay, and and I have noticed a small change in race control compared to Massi. Massi would have waited for 3/4 a lap and then chucked a full safety car for Verstappens retirement and done nothing about Stroll. I am so glad that they gave Stroll a penalty pretty much straight away. We have seen heaps of defensive driving exactly like Strolls with no penalty. I just hope consistency remains.

And I was loving having gravel back to punish mistakes this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:51 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I managed to go on Saturday.

It was fantastic to see such a big event back in Melbourne, but there was no general admission viewing areas, unless you wanted to be on your tippy toes for 2 hours at a time or you're 9 foot tall, or you went to an area of the track half way up a straight where nothing ever happened.

Plus the 10 minute wait for toilets, 30 minute wait for incredibly overpriced food and drinks and 45-60 minute wait for public transport was deplorable.

Other than that, cars looked fantastic, managed to get a decent look at Seb's crashed Aston, even as a mess it looked great.

Oh and the S5000 cars are fucking awesome. Louder than the F1 cars.

Next year I'm getting grandstand seats.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:54 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just FYI, administering penalties was never Masi's job - he could only refer incidents to the stewards for consideration on potentially applying a penalty.

Also, I actually found it funny that when Sainz got beached they did nothing for 20 seconds, then threw a VSC for a minute as if that was ever going to be a safe environment to remove the car in that position, then finally threw the full safety car.

But I guess this year will be full of people pointing at anything and calling it a sign that Masi was the problem :shrug:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
I managed to go on Saturday.

It was fantastic to see such a big event back in Melbourne, but there was no general admission viewing areas, unless you wanted to be on your tippy toes for 2 hours at a time or you're 9 foot tall, or you went to an area of the track half way up a straight where nothing ever happened.

Plus the 10 minute wait for toilets, 30 minute wait for incredibly overpriced food and drinks and 45-60 minute wait for public transport was deplorable.

Other than that, cars looked fantastic, managed to get a decent look at Seb's crashed Aston, even as a mess it looked great.

Oh and the S5000 cars are fucking awesome. Louder than the F1 cars.

Yeah definitely seemed like they were short on staff and general organisation. They opened gate 4 45 minutes late for us on Thursday, and I heard Saturday a lot of eftpos facilities were down and cash was the only option.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:

Famous last words of every racing week-end :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Just FYI, administering penalties was never Masi's job - he could only refer incidents to the stewards for consideration on potentially applying a penalty.

Also, I actually found it funny that when Sainz got beached they did nothing for 20 seconds, then threw a VSC for a minute as if that was ever going to be a safe environment to remove the car in that position, then finally threw the full safety car.

But I guess this year will be full of people pointing at anything and calling it a sign that Masi was the problem :shrug:

Yes, I am aware that Masi only referred them. It is the fact that he usually didn't refer them.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next