TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:03 am 

Omega wrote:
Gaara wrote:
amq55 wrote:
Come on now.

It's just tiring from the anti-Hamilton lot isn't it?

It´s equaly tiring that you can´t find a Verstappen related article on any social media without people telling he didn´t win the 2021 championship.

And he didn't win anyway, the champion was Michael Masi... We all watched. Although Max - like Lewis - deserved the title because he had an incredible championship - and Lewis too - an off-track guy chose one of the two to be champion. That totally devalued this year's title, and it would also be the same if the beneficiary were Lewis.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks, but it was not necessary to prove my point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He made a perfectly balanced and reasonable point, not yours. Stop looking for sides here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My point is that it´s boring to see the fanboys (on each side) repeat the same thing over and over and over again. We get it, you don´t agree with it, now give it a rest.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:35 pm 

Omega wrote:
Thanks, but it was not necessary to prove my point.

Ironies are unnecessary here. It's not a case of "two sides" and fanboys. Nothing happened on the track between the two drivers, nothing they did was evaluated or judged. Masi reached into a pot and pulled out a paper with the champion's name on it, simple as that. Neither driver deserved such an unsportsmanlike finish.

It wasn't like 1994, or what it was like between Senna and Prost. A third party decided the championship and that had absolutely nothing to do with what happened with the two drivers on the track. It's a huge difference, it has nothing to do with your point, It has nothing to do with boring fanboys on social media.

Anyone who likes sports and motorsport should forget about this championship,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
some people called me anti-Hamilton here. Just to make clear I am not. My personal feud is with Mercedes, they can field Valentino Rossi and Alex Zanardi that I'll still be pissed if they win

anyway, time to move on. Next week is the F1 Dega at Jeddah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Omega wrote:
My point is that it´s boring to see the fanboys (on each side) repeat the same thing over and over and over again. We get it, you don´t agree with it, now give it a rest.

What's also boring is "true race fans" posting about what the fanboys are doing and dragging all that here like they're above it all

Everyone here is a fan of someone, some people a driver or team first, some people put the sport and quality of racing first, fine

No-one is a "true fan" that gets to laud it over any other fan though

If there's one rule I'd like for this season is no posts about other fans on social media being dragged her to grandstand about them.,..

It's all Lewis Vs Max toxicity now, but by the end of the season, Max and Charles will have had an incident or two or Red Bull or Ferrari will have used Perez and Sainz as a weapon against them and it'll be a new wave of it, can we just stem that tide now? :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Omega wrote:

What's also boring is "true race fans" posting about what the fanboys are doing and dragging all that here like they're above it all

Everyone here is a fan of someone, some people a driver or team first, some people put the sport and quality of racing first, fine

No-one is a "true fan" that gets to laud it over any other fan though

If there's one rule I'd like for this season is no posts about other fans on social media being dragged her to grandstand about them.,..

It's all Lewis Vs Max toxicity now, but by the end of the season, Max and Charles will have had an incident or two or Red Bull or Ferrari will have used Perez and Sainz as a weapon against them and it'll be a new wave of it, can we just stem that tide now? :?

This is objectively sensible, but on the other hand you are asking TBK to... not TBK :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:24 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

The percentage of "true fans" is the reason why I keep coming back here over national forums or Reddit. Plus, I feel like I know you guys and that you're not as polarised and tabloid as everyone "out there. Not to mention the established lingo we've got to draw from (chuvastorms incoming).

It could really be a lot worse, but stil definitely can't harm to be a little extra aware of how we express ourselves.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I actually prefer rooting for the underdog so I can enjoy the entertainment factor of Max fans vs Lewis (or whatever currently successful driver is attracting the bandwagon) fan wars without getting invested. I'll just root against whoever appears to be the bigger douche. On that note I kinda hope George isn't the next one to dominate because I don't think Sir George would be nearly as likeable as Sir Lewis, and I'm definitely not the biggest Lewis fan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
I actually prefer rooting for the underdog so I can enjoy the entertainment factor of Max fans vs Lewis (or whatever currently successful driver is attracting the bandwagon) fan wars without getting invested. I'll just root against whoever appears to be the bigger douche. On that note I kinda hope George isn't the next one to dominate because I don't think Sir George would be nearly as likeable as Sir Lewis, and I'm definitely not the biggest Lewis fan.

I thought I'd be able to root for George this season but ever since he slipped those Mercedes coveralls on it seems he's trying way too hard to impress Wolff and toe the corporate line. Almost every statement that comes out of his mouth seems to be PR crap. Initially I found Lando's giggly random side slightly annoying, but it's actually quite endearing now to see how candid he is.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20