TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Honda will continue as Red Bull's engine supplier until 2025.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/honda ... 5/7677393/

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
Every year I wonder if I should take F1TV, but I haven´t done it so far. I read a lot of negative reviews, it appears to often not work properly...

Who here uses it, what are your thoughts? Which options do you use and is it worth it?
I recommend it, it doesn't have as many bugs as in the past anymore. And it´s cheap, 65 euros for a year. If it's down, there´s always Tipik on tv or rtbf auvio online as a free back-up for qualy and race.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cookie wrote:
Omega wrote:
Every year I wonder if I should take F1TV, but I haven´t done it so far. I read a lot of negative reviews, it appears to often not work properly...

Who here uses it, what are your thoughts? Which options do you use and is it worth it?
I recommend it, it doesn't have as many bugs as in the past anymore. And it´s cheap, 65 euros for a year. If it's down, there´s always Tipik on tv or rtbf auvio online as a free back-up for qualy and race.

I always watch qualy and race on tv on tipik, but I´m thinking of ditching my digital tv subscription. F1 and MotoGP are the only reasons to keep it, but I would save 20 euro per month if I kick it out.
I could still see F1 online on tipik, but only live. As far as I know, you can´t watch it delayed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wasn't really sure where to put this but i'll put it here & it can be moved or whatever if required.

When I was a kid I picked up a bit of software from Staples which was a sort of encyclopedia of the 1993 season featuring stats about all the teams, drivers & circuits as well as the ability to replay races in full via a tracker map similar to the driver tracker we have today with pop-ups detailing retirements, fastest laps etc...

It's been sitting on my shelf for years but i've not had a PC with a floppy disk drive in years & the USB one I brought failed to read the disks correctly. Well recently I got my hands on an older PC that had a floppy drive & was able to extract the disks.

I have put it up on the Internet archive where you can download the zip or play it in a browser.
https://archive.org/details/formula-1_202201

Scans of the box/manual.
https://imgur.com/a/agrP4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
cookie wrote:
Omega wrote:

I always watch qualy and race on tv on tipik, but I´m thinking of ditching my digital tv subscription. F1 and MotoGP are the only reasons to keep it, but I would save 20 euro per month if I kick it out.
I could still see F1 online on tipik, but only live. As far as I know, you can´t watch it delayed.
Rtbf auvio website/app normally you can rewatch all their programs. They still have the full abu dhabi gp on there to rewatch. The other races I can't find, so they probably delete them after a certain time

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cookie wrote:
Omega wrote:
cookie wrote:

Rtbf auvio website/app normally you can rewatch all their programs. They still have the full abu dhabi gp on there to rewatch. The other races I can't find, so they probably delete them after a certain time

I did not know about RTBF auvio, thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
Honda will continue as Red Bull's engine supplier until 2025.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/honda ... 5/7677393/

Wait, isn't one of the big reasons we have the current engine freeze is because Red Bull kicked up a huge stink saying they would be massively disadvantaged with Honda pulling out and the FIA agreeing?

So Red Bull got the freeze they were after, and now Honda has turned around and said, nope, we will stay? The cynic in me says this was all part of Red Bull and Honda's plan :twisted: The reality is Honda realized what every one was thinking. Why the Hell pull out now when you have been winning and now just won it. But this is F1 and the douchebags that are Red Bull......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gotta love this fair and balanced article by Andrew Benson at Autosport. British journalism at it's finest

Wonder why no mention of Silverstone or Bottas at Hungary :slaphead:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:26 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

StefMeister wrote:
Wasn't really sure where to put this but i'll put it here & it can be moved or whatever if required.

When I was a kid I picked up a bit of software from Staples which was a sort of encyclopedia of the 1993 season featuring stats about all the teams, drivers & circuits as well as the ability to replay races in full via a tracker map similar to the driver tracker we have today with pop-ups detailing retirements, fastest laps etc...

It's been sitting on my shelf for years but i've not had a PC with a floppy disk drive in years & the USB one I brought failed to read the disks correctly. Well recently I got my hands on an older PC that had a floppy drive & was able to extract the disks.

I have put it up on the Internet archive where you can download the zip or play it in a browser.
https://archive.org/details/formula-1_202201

Scans of the box/manual.
https://imgur.com/a/agrP4
That's awesome! Thank you for taking care and time to preserve and share that.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:15 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Juihi wrote:
Gotta love this fair and balanced article by Andrew Benson at Autosport. British journalism at it's finest

Wonder why no mention of Silverstone or Bottas at Hungary :slaphead:

Well it's fairly clear the 2021 season was only as exciting as it was because of the rule change that pegged back High Rake cars in favour of low rake designs (don't forget the lols that went around when Aston Martin tried to take them to court over this lol )

Yet somehow people don't mention that when they go through the various injustices

Silverstone and Hungary were just honest accidents btw. Silverstone was 2 title contenders racing so hard for the win and only one willing to back out and Hungary was just a basic Bottas error that he is capable of making sometimes, but what they're not is giant evil mercedes conspiracies to take out the other championship protagonist
Particularly at that point they were behind Red Bull in most championships and instigating any accidents would be stupid as there's no way you can plan to take someone out in an open wheeler and not risk taking yourself out in the process

So, you know, drop it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Never said Mercedes were giant & evil, just pointing out how biased that article was :o so no, I won't just drop it

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Juihi wrote:
Never said Mercedes were giant & evil, just pointing out how biased that article was :o so no, I won't just drop it

but Mercedes is the giant evil. Thankfully Mikey cut off their wings at least for a while to show their real face

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
Juihi wrote:

but Mercedes is the giant evil. Thankfully Mikey cut off their wings at least for a while to show their real face

Then how the hell do Ferrari still have so many fans? They have an entire history, going all the way back to Enzo of trying to force through what ever they want and holding the sport hostage to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well Enzo was great at story telling. Mercedes can have the best cars in the world, because despite have similar outcomes (difficulties after the war, crashes with several dead, political struggles and giving the world the best supercars) one can be seen as a corporation, the other is an icon of bravery, passion, soul (and all other words to describe italians)

and yet Ferrari never let go its roots, they are still a bunch of temperamental italians who don't know shit, and Mercedes are a bunch of people cherry picked around the world with the sole intention to rape the field

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Germans = Cold and evil.
Italians = Passionate and carefree.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is there much German about Mercedes anyway? Forget the drivers for a second: I feel like F1 is all brits. Brits everywhere. The media circus, the most famous engineers and team principals, the team factories etc... Even something "legacy" like Alpine/Renault is just loosely French. Only Italy maintains a semblance of national exception, with Ferrari and somewhat Alpha, otherwise it's only the name and main sponsor that gives some teams some sort of national identity, well until the next buyer anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:07 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Formula One is the only sport that Brits are actually successful at, but don't like shouting about so we pretend our teams are French, German, New Zealand/American and Austrian while they race out of Brackley, Milton Keynes, Enstone, Woking etc

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

back when John Barnard was designing Ferraris he barely showed up at Maranello, did all of his job in Britain

Today this kind of thing is quite common, but in 1987 was a logistical nightmare

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Formula One is the only sport that Brits are actually successful at, but don't like shouting about so we pretend our teams are French, German, New Zealand/American and Austrian while they race out of Brackley, Milton Keynes, Enstone, Woking etc

Always makes me laugh when Brits bemoan how terrible we are at Every Sport, completely ignoring F1/motorsport. F1 seems to occupy a strange space between mainstream and niche over here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Juihi wrote:

He and many other Brits (but not all) are very sensitive about the topic, as you can see. 8)

Lewis took out Max at Silverstone and Max repaid him in full at Monza. Fully justified move. :flag:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10125 Next