TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 199 100 101 102 103125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
I'd ditch Qatar (shit track), China and Imola (shit tracks where things only happen when it's wet), COTA (3 races in America is overkill and once again, COTA is shit) and finally, I understand why it's there, but Zandvoort, short of giving a few orange lunatics a hard on, is a waste of a track for F1 cars.

Isn't the Qatar round going to be on a new street track?

So the 2023 calendar will involve travelling 133,570km, and that's going directly from race to race, not any return flights back to home 8O

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Ospif1 wrote:
Perhaps it's just me but having this many races has begun to reduce the excitement of each GP weekend and they feel less important than they did when we had far fewer races because the percentage of points on offer was much higher.

Good for us at work though, more races = more coolers

No it isn't just you. After going nearly 25 years without missing watching a race live (dodgy Chanel 9 in Australia delays aside), I haven't even bothered with watching the Canadian, US, Brazilian or Mexican GP's in the last couple of years. Hell, I just watch the 5 minute YouTube highlights. Have no interest in even watching a replay.

I've long thought that maybe it is just me, as I get older, I am not as invested as I once was. But then I see quite a few other comments that are like mine and I realize that no, other people feel the same as me. F1 is no longer an EVENT. It is just a thing that is on (now) every other week.

I still watch every race, but no longer live. I´ll watch it in the evening, when wife and kid have gone to bed. Can´t care about qualifying anymore.
But it means that I don´t take the time anymore to also follow other series like Indycar, DTM, Formula E, F2 so in a way F1 won.

I also still watch every MotoGP race, but next year they will have a race on Saturday as well and that will be too much to follow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Juihi wrote:
I'd ditch Qatar (shit track), China and Imola (shit tracks where things only happen when it's wet), COTA (3 races in America is overkill and once again, COTA is shit) and finally, I understand why it's there, but Zandvoort, short of giving a few orange lunatics a hard on, is a waste of a track for F1 cars.

So the 2023 calendar will involve travelling 133,570km, and that's going directly from race to race, not any return flights back to home 8O

I have often wondered, does everybody go home after each race (if they don´t have to show up for PR stuff), or do they stay in hotels until the next race?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:36 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

That calendar is awful. After they said they were gonna group things by region, they come out with this rubbish.

For a sport that tries to portray itself as a leader in environmental practice, they come out with a really inefficient schedule :whistling:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:48 am 

Omega wrote:
Juihi wrote:

I have often wondered, does everybody go home after each race (if they don´t have to show up for PR stuff), or do they stay in hotels until the next race?

Depends, if it's back to back fly-away they'll generally not return home but for European rounds they will. You then have the set up, set down and other logistics personnel which is very fluid depending on the situation but I believe most teams will alternate these personnel as well. Generally mechanics etc. only need to be at the circuit from Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:42 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Juihi wrote:

I had forgotten this.

I'll give it a chance, as pretend boss of the FIA, it can stay.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

China won’t happen unless someone off’s Xi or he has a sudden change of mind, you can’t even walk outside without a mask in half the country and it only takes one person sneezing to send a province into Lockdown.

About another half a dozen races should be dumped too, including those Middle East races that only two men and their camel turn up to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
China won’t happen unless someone off’s Xi or he has a sudden change of mind, you can’t even walk outside without a mask in half the country and it only takes one person sneezing to send a province into Lockdown.

About another half a dozen races should be dumped too, including those Middle East races that only two men and their camel turn up to.

Thats a massive insult to all the paid influencers that are gifted a long weekend to those countries to act like it is a great and welcoming place to visit :whistling:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
China and Imola (shit tracks where things only happen when it's wet)

put Spain on that bucket either, but there it never rains

I used to find Losail quite an interesting track (for bikes) but is actually quite weird because they have grandstands only on the main straight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I kinda hope teams and drivers would boycot China, but since they go to Saudi Arabia and would go to Iran and North Korea without hesitation if FIA told them so, empty gestures is all we´ll get.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

they could always solve the problem of many GPs and travelling distances by hosting the Saudi Arabian GP at Portimão, or the Qatar GP at the Nürbürgring. No problem at all

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Thats a massive insult to all the paid influencers that are gifted a long weekend to those countries to act like it is a great and welcoming place to visit :whistling:

Influencers are still a thing?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:36 am 

Ian-S wrote:

apparently the entry requirements for China are draconian - multiple negative tests and at least 10 days' quarantine required

F1 won't be going back there for a while

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

apparently the entry requirements for China are draconian - multiple negative tests and at least 10 days' quarantine required

Yep can confirm this. My wife is Chinese and hasn't been able to go back since Jan 2020. Up until recently it was 21 days upon landing (in the most dodgy hotels, all self funded with inflated prices, doors monitored, only allowed to open for food delivery if you could find one) and a further 14 days if you go outside of the city limits you landed in.

Everyone has to have daily tests (at least in the province my wife's family lives, just outside of Shanghai), and if fail to do so, the police come to your house and treat you like a criminal.

As an aside, if you look at what is actually happening domestically (stuff that isn't really reported in the West), China is regressing FAST and should be quite alarming. The sooner F1 drops the race the better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
micha wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Influencers are still a thing?

Sadly, yes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AT confirms Yuki for 2023.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I sometimes wonder if those self-claimed F1 pundits live in the real world.

By the time we're in Abu Dahbi the title will be decided already.
The real warning Hill should be giving is to Ferrari and Mercedes that if they keep working on the 2022 car, 2023 Red Bull will be even further ahead since they can pretty much shift all focus to that car now

PS: I know source is shitty. Sue me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Subject: 2022 Formula One Random Discussion Thread

webbsy wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Yeah I heard this from a friend, do you know if someone stands over you while you do the test because if not and it’s a lateral flow test can be easily defeated, just drip the liquid it’s supplied with into the test and it’ll come up negative lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I quite doubt Mercedes and Ferrari are putting the effort Hill believes they are putting. This season is pretty much wrapped up and final positions will be set given Ferrari blunders

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I'm just resigned to the fact that it's now the Red Bull era and the first chance of a non-Verstappen title will be at the next reg change in 2026
And I'm kind of UK with it too because the individual races have been pretty good, just like they were in the mercedes Era, its just the championship that suffers

Mercedes are still unsure why their concept works some of the time and not others and will probably go Mclaren 2015 in doubling down on it and hoping it'll come good eventually and they'll be 2 seconds faster than anyone else like their simulators promise

Ferrari will settle into the Red Bull role in the mercedes years as best of the rest and able to squeak out a win or two when Red Bull are having a bad day or at a track their car concept isn't brilliant at (like the random years Mercedes were dominant everywhere but Singapore, for reasons people still don't really know)

Red Bull can keep having Newey fine tune this design for years to come, who knows if this is Newey's last hurrah or he'll still be around when the next rules come in, but either way, they've got it sorted
Their main weakness is the engine but someone might be tempted to swan in and badge the engine they're making and maybe it doesn't matter too much if their engine is down on power if they're so good in the corners anyway

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 199 100 101 102 103125 Next