TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 198 99 100 101 102125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's all Todt's and Domenicali's fault. I just hope a couple of teams go busted, so I can say "told you so". Then, just maybe, the next CEO will do whatever to raise the team count to 13, and instantly we have 6 seats for junior drivers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
or make more sprint races in the season, to be ran only by junior drivers and rookies (and occasionaly a Hulkenberg and Kubica to fill in)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
It's all Todt's and Domenicali's fault. I just hope a couple of teams go busted, so I can say "told you so". Then, just maybe, the next CEO will do whatever to raise the team count to 13, and instantly we have 6 seats for junior drivers.

Knowing F1, the remaining teams will have to run 3 or 4 cars. And then we'll see a domination of 1 team that would make the 7 Mercedes years look exciting and they'll still claim its the best thing ever and make them run yet 2 more cars in the mega-sprint race that will decide the grid for the super-sprint race which will decide the grid for the sprint race which has no effect on the main race because the sprint-qualifying will decide the grid for that one but in a reverse-reverse order.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
---

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:22 am 

LucasWheldon wrote:
or make more sprint races in the season, to be ran only by junior drivers and rookies (and occasionaly a Hulkenberg and Kubica to fill in)

Wouldn't work in practice though because you would then require more sessions to allow both drivers to get seat time, require two qualy sessions, require different setups and then run the risk of major repairs before Sunday. Costs would skyrocket and would undermine the direction of the sport completely.

Adding another 2 teams is the best way forward for the sport IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The new 2023 calendar has been announced with 24 races.

So although they wanted to group some races to avoid traffic, we still go to Miami during European season, to Canada again during European season but a month later. There's a month between the Belgian and Dutch race although they are as good as next to each other. And at the end of the season we go to the US twice, but with stops in Mexico and Brazil in between.
And Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Abu Dhabi are also not exactly long travelling distances from one to the other, yet putting them together seemed impossible.

5 March - Bahrain Grand Prix, Sakhir
19 March - Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, Jeddah
2 April - Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park
16 April - Chinese Grand Prix, Shanghai
30 April - Azerbaijan Grand Prix, Baku
7 May - Miami Grand Prix, Miami
21 May - Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, Imola
28 May - Monaco Grand Prix, Monte Carlo
4 June - Spanish Grand Prix, Barcelona
18 June - Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal
2 July - Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg
9 July - British Grand Prix, Silverstone
23 July - Hungarian Grand Prix, Hungaroring
30 July - Belgian Grand Prix, Spa-Francorchamps
27 August - Dutch Grand Prix, Zandvoort
3 September - Italian Grand Prix, Monza
17 September - Singapore Grand Prix, Marina Bay
24 September - Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka
8 October - Qatar Grand Prix, Losail
22 October - United States Grand Prix, Austin
29 October - Mexico City Grand Prix, Mexico City
5 November - Sao Paulo Grand Prix, Interlagos
18 November - Las Vegas Grand Prix, Las Vegas
26 November - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Yas Marina

Last edited by Omega on Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

About 6 races too many

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

so they made the calendar with their asses, nothing new here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So... fucking... long. You need to be really lucky to have the title fight go down to the wire. The longer the calendar, the less likely it stays close and competitive until the end. If this season had that calendar, we'd still have 7 races after the title is wrapped up (if Verstappen wins it in Singapore).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

plus Imola, Monaco and Spain doing a triple header. Common sense would put Spain aside for good, put Imola and Monaco back one week to leave the day solely for the Indy 500 and put Miami back to back with Canada (with storms cancelling Miami and making Liberty look like fools)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel, for the first time, that I shall only watch selected races next year.
So, no French or German Grand Prix but 4(!) races in Middle-East oil tyrannies. Guess that's the first bunch to skip. Surprised to see China back as I thought they wanted to keep their zero-tolerance policy till the end of time. At least Russia is gone for good, though Putin can still start nuclear war and then there will be no F1 ever again. Yeah, that's the spirit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cookie wrote:
So... fucking... long. You need to be really lucky to have the title fight go down to the wire. The longer the calendar, the less likely it stays close and competitive until the end. If this season had that calendar, we'd still have 7 races after the title is wrapped up (if Verstappen wins it in Singapore).

we just had a fairly long season last year that literally went down to the very last lap, and if this season ended 2 weeks ago at monza the title would have already been decided well before then. logic just isn't on your side for this one. as history has shown us time and again, new rules creates new disparity. the more stable the rules are the more time teams have to equalize any advantages their competitors have (and you could maybe even argue that more races gives you more opportunities to develop the car). f1 is going through a metamorphasis at the moment, and i see these new rules and the upcoming 2026 rules as positive changes that will ultimately make it easier for the bottom teams to eventually grow closer to the top teams. under the current rule package we should eventually have a closer title fight and then a reset in 2026; so hopefully the 2026 regs will be allowed to play out for the next 10yrs or so (electrification might spoil that party tho).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Spa in July? :o That's the first time Belgian GP will be held in this month since it was May/June until 1987 and then August/September since 1988. It was held once in April too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:15 pm 

There would be serious risk of travelling personnel burning out with that schedule, but they have been eased into it over the last few years. Perhaps it's just me but having this many races has begun to reduce the excitement of each GP weekend and they feel less important than they did when we had far fewer races because the percentage of points on offer was much higher.

Good for us at work though, more races = more coolers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Almost worth the teams having multiple staff so they can have them on shifts per race, as that's a full on schedule!

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ospif1 wrote:
There would be serious risk of travelling personnel burning out with that schedule, but they have been eased into it over the last few years. Perhaps it's just me but having this many races has begun to reduce the excitement of each GP weekend and they feel less important than they did when we had far fewer races because the percentage of points on offer was much higher.

You say that, but I've just found out there's no race this weekend and I'm FURIOUS :mrgreen:
Vassago wrote:
Spa in July? :o That's the first time Belgian GP will be held in this month since it was May/June until 1987 and then August/September since 1988. It was held once in April too.

Well don't forget, we had a wet weekend at Spa last year, so it must be PUNISHED

I'm sure they did some weather chart and realised July was the dryest month, so off it fucks to that date

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Vassago wrote:

It is actually scheduled for the same weekend as the Spa 24, so SRO has some wiggling to do.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:23 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I'd ditch Qatar (shit track), China and Imola (shit tracks where things only happen when it's wet), COTA (3 races in America is overkill and once again, COTA is shit) and finally, I understand why it's there, but Zandvoort, short of giving a few orange lunatics a hard on, is a waste of a track for F1 cars.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ospif1 wrote:
Perhaps it's just me but having this many races has begun to reduce the excitement of each GP weekend and they feel less important than they did when we had far fewer races because the percentage of points on offer was much higher.

No it isn't just you. After going nearly 25 years without missing watching a race live (dodgy Chanel 9 in Australia delays aside), I haven't even bothered with watching the Canadian, US, Brazilian or Mexican GP's in the last couple of years. Hell, I just watch the 5 minute YouTube highlights. Have no interest in even watching a replay.

I've long thought that maybe it is just me, as I get older, I am not as invested as I once was. But then I see quite a few other comments that are like mine and I realize that no, other people feel the same as me. F1 is no longer an EVENT. It is just a thing that is on (now) every other week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:50 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I just discovered France and Russia are gone from the schedule, so, small win there at least.

cookie wrote:
The longer the calendar, the less likely it stays close and competitive until the end. If this season had that calendar, we'd still have 7 races after the title is wrapped up (if Verstappen wins it in Singapore).

Quadrupple points awarded at final race to be confirmed :lol:

Verstappen blows it out enough this season F1 might consider it, or a chase style format :twisted:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 198 99 100 101 102125 Next