TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 181 82 83 84 85125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

FiatFan83 wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Maybe Zak Brown only wants to see the world burn.
I'm getting the vibe that Zak Brown is the kind of man that only sleeps with married women...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Brown is pretty fortunate that Norris has been outperforming that car and saved his job by taking the attention off his abysmal leadership as how he/McLaren have treated Ricciardo has been pretty pathetic.
Now we're going to have some major awkwardness in the McLaren and Alpine team meetings for the rest of this season :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm pretty sure this was the actual EL PLAN.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought El Plan would have been to join a team that is ahead of your current team, not several places behind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
I wonder if Vandoorne becoming World Champion in Formula E for Mercedes might change anything.

(I know it won´t but one can dream)

I get it.

My thought right now is: I hope everyone gets mad at everyone, Piastri and Ric give up and something ends up being available for Drugovich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
I thought El Plan would have been to join a team that is ahead of your current team, not several places behind.

What's been said is that Aston Martin offered a longer contract, with more money and less performances clauses.

If that are his priorities, that is fine too

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If you're not in a car with a legitimate shot for a win, it probably matters less whether that car is fast enough to finish 8th or 13th, and more how much money you're getting paid and how comfortable you feel.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3434 ... ar-piastri

Pretty much all my thoughts in one article (moreso for the criticism of Zak's leadership here than the defence of Ricciardo)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ricciardo is a goner for a while now, if it wasn't for that clause... He doesnt even adapt to this car which doesnt allow braking and turning at the same time. It's not just Norris preference in car development, he's just awful ever since he joined McLaren.

Hopefully he gets to another team and find the way again, but right now, I'll say that I this has been coming for a long time and rightfully so.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
If you're not in a car with a legitimate shot for a win, it probably matters less whether that car is fast enough to finish 8th or 13th, and more how much money you're getting paid and how comfortable you feel.

He might change his mind the day another Hungary 2021 or Monza/Bahrain 2020 happens, and that's the difference between being caught by a top runner or winning. But yeah he might not even care about being on podiums in the first place anyway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/34340694/daniel-ricciardo-deserves-better-being-pawn-mclaren-pursuit-oscar-piastri

Pretty much all my thoughts in one article (moreso for the criticism of Zak's leadership here than the defence of Ricciardo)

Yes I agree with most of it. Dan has been pretty restrained and no doubt does a ton away from the track for the team. BUT, unless there is a clear case of team favoritism (Ricciardo getting detuned engines, being locked out of important car data, shoddy parts etc) then I hate to say it, but this whole mess is of his own making in his inability to adapt to the car, regardless of if he feels comfortable in or not.

He has regressed massively this year. Yes it is a dud of a car, but he has gone backwards fast, despite from all accounts the team trying everything (at least last year) to get him up to speed.

This quote from the weekend from Seidel speaks absolute volumes

Quote:
Lando executed a clean race today to take that seventh place but with the same strategy on Daniel’s side, we struggled to generate grip in the final stint on the Hard tyre and he fell out of the points.

Dan finished almost A MINUTE behind him, on the same strategy.

But I do agree that he doesn't deserve to be shafted the way he is. But that is what happens in F1 if you don't perform according to the price tag you command.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Poor Zanardi, now his villa's solar panels caught fire, and damaged some of the machinery which he depends on were damaged, so he's gone to a medical centre. Sounds like he still has a lot of issues caused by the handbike crash.

Original story (apparently) in Italian: https://www.gazzetta.it/Sport-Vari/02-0 ... 8605.shtml

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
funny that when Alonso clinched the second title and was going to McLaren the first time, alongside Schumacher's first retirement I really thought that he would dominate and even reach the 7th title because he was young and on fire

but then Hamilton arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:29 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
funny that when Alonso clinched the second title and was going to McLaren the first time, alongside Schumacher's first retirement I really thought that he would dominate and even reach the 7th title because he was young and on fire

but then Hamilton arrived

He has no-one else to blame but himself and his poor mangement

He has brilliant talent inside the car and absolute dogshit ability to work out what team is going to be compettitve at the negociating table

IF he'd just stuck with Ferrari one more year, he'd have been in a title fight with Lewis from 2015-18 in all likelyhood (if he can drag dogs of cars forward, then an alright ferrari would've been enough for him to take it to Mercedes or at least win races, which could've kept him there while ferrari developed)
webbsy wrote:

Philthy82 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/34340694/daniel-ricciardo-deserves-better-being-pawn-mclaren-pursuit-oscar-piastri

Yes I agree with most of it. Dan has been pretty restrained and no doubt does a ton away from the track for the team. BUT, unless there is a clear case of team favoritism (Ricciardo getting detuned engines, being locked out of important car data, shoddy parts etc) then I hate to say it, but this whole mess is of his own making in his inability to adapt to the car, regardless of if he feels comfortable in or not.

He has regressed massively this year. Yes it is a dud of a car, but he has gone backwards fast, despite from all accounts the team trying everything (at least last year) to get him up to speed.

This quote from the weekend from Seidel speaks absolute volumes

Quote:
Lando executed a clean race today to take that seventh place but with the same strategy on Daniel’s side, we struggled to generate grip in the final stint on the Hard tyre and he fell out of the points.

Dan finished almost A MINUTE behind him, on the same strategy.

The bigger story here is Lando being the only driver on the whole grid ALL WEEKEND to make the hards work,.......HOW?

Maybe if they'd given him any other tyre, he'd have done better than that 7th 8O

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Not sure if it was Norris making them work or the fact that he had already comfortably gapped anyone who might have been a threat - Ricciardo was already 18 seconds behind before Norris' final stop (and then went backwards as pointed out), whilst the Alpines were tripping over each other, then struggling to get past the Astons, and once they were ahead of the Astons their hards were worn as they had chosen a one-stop strategy.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's a little bit A and a little bit B. Dan wasn't on Lando's pace, but his race and time on the hards were extra compromised by being in traffic most of the race.

Relative gaps across the race - higher orange line is Dan (crowded by other cars through the race), lower orange line is Lando (on his own after 2nd pitstop)

Lap times across the race - Dan was initially slower on first 2 runs but seemed to keep his tires alive longer, 3rd run was all over the place, possibly due to being in traffic and not being able to keep a line and consistency that would put more heat in the tires

(from https://www.racefans.net/2022/07/31/202 ... and-tyres/)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Indeed, much better performance than the result.

But wow, that first graph is gold, I always wanted those to see how the race evolved.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Rencken reports Piastri to McLaren.

https://racingnews365.com/revealed-pias ... en-in-2023

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:

No other source dares to confirm this atm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Motorsport.com now report that McLaren have told Ricciardo they want Piastri for 2023. They will need to pay him off, basically.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
all the money some teams saved under budget cap will be spent to pay drivers out of contract

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 181 82 83 84 85125 Next