TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1101 102 103 104 105125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Rossi has done an interview with AMuS, in which he confirms that the only reason Alpine went to the CRB over Piastri is because they thought that McLaren's contract with Ricciardo meant that they couldn't sign Piastri (pro-tip; that didn't stop Kalternborn).

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... huldfrage/

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seriously? Are they that daft?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I heard rumours that Mercedes have used some kind of biodiesel in their trucks to travel to the Belgian, Dutch and Italian GP. All very successfull, all very green, all very illegal because that fuel isn´t allowed in trucks.

That last part is the opinion of my boss who told the story, he´s very much involved in racing but I don´t know if he´s right.

Last edited by Omega on Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
looks like their trucks will have to start the race from the back of the grid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
Rossi has done an interview with AMuS, in which he confirms that the only reason Alpine went to the CRB over Piastri is because they thought that McLaren's contract with Ricciardo meant that they couldn't sign Piastri (pro-tip; that didn't stop Kalternborn).

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... huldfrage/

So I would normally say that things get lost in translation, but after reading that article Rossi is an even bigger moron than I thought, and no, it is not down to translation errors. He is simply not able to process the thought that Alpine (he) were so woeful in their handling of contracts/non contracts that they (Alpine) created this whole situation in the first place.

How on Earth is this man fronting a major international business? I am sure that Alpine/Renault operate all the time without iron clad agreements in a highly competitive industry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

McLaren's special livery is giving me 90's back marker vibes (not just their car performance :p )......but that is a good thing. Just a mish mash of colours and placement. I think some of them were the best kind.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/15 ... 9n4Cn.html

Edit.
I don't know how to actually embed tweets. Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You can use the tweet tag [tweet](link goes here)[/tweet], like so;

I do not like it. Pink and orange are difficult bedfellows and the whole thing is just too busy. And it's in aid of a crypto scam, so it feels skeezy that way as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

they should go for full pink just to play another joke on Alpine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sprint race fans can rejoice :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How about they shove the sprint races up domicela's ass and kick him out of the sport?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I will only support that if they hold those sprints on Monaco, Singapore, Hungaroring, Miami, Cota and Zandvoort

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
Sprint race fans can rejoice :D

:slaphead: :slaphead: :slaphead: :slaphead: :slaphead:

I feel like I should just stop following F1 for a couple of years, like I did in 2017. It hasn't got any better, unfortunately. Maybe by 2025.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another batshit crazy thing about this is: 24 races. 6 sprint races. Still 3 engines allowed. Thus more incoming confusing grids due to penalties

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It is almost like they are deliberately setting things up isn't it. Shocking revelations. An American Entertainment company that owns the sport wants to turn it into NASCAR. 2026 will be the year of "The Chase".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:44 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

webbsy wrote:
It is almost like they are deliberately setting things up isn't it. Shocking revelations. An American Entertainment company that owns the sport wants to turn it into NASCAR. 2026 will be the year of "The Chase".

That won't pass the scrutiny. Too much money involved for manufacturers to be caught out by some gimmick points system like that.

Anyway, they stopped hollering about the mythical new fans this season. Guess there's nothing to brag about and whomever had to learn about Verstappen & Norris did that already.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:54 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
webbsy wrote:

That won't pass the scrutiny. Too much money involved for manufacturers to be caught out by some gimmick points system like that.

I'd put money on it happening sooner than 2026. They've already attempted to increase the unpredictability of races and reduce the performance gap with a number of changes (car regs, sprint races, budget cap) with limited success as far as the actual racing product goes. They'll very quickly lose patience with the lack of storylines this racing is producing, and introduce something to try and stop anyone running away with the championship going forwards. Could be success ballast, could be reverse grid races, could be the return of the double points finale. But I don't see Liberty tolerating another 7 years of one team dominating, even if it's not Merc.

You might say the teams won't tolerate it and threaten to leave like they have in the past, but I don't think the teams have quite as much power as they used to considering F1's current target audience and how the sport is marketed. And I don't think Liberty gives much of a shit what the teams want if they think the audience is losing interest and they're losing money.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:00 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Vassago wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Anyway, they stopped hollering about the mythical new fans this season. Guess there's nothing to brag about and whomever had to learn about Verstappen & Norris did that already.

They could always bring back the 70's format where the best results from the two halves of the season count. Or the one in the 80's where Prost scored more points but lost.

I guess whatever Liberty thinks will spice up the end of season boredom.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

or maybe they should panic less. Only reason this season is a walkover for Verstappen is the incompetence of Ferrari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd say that next year Mercedes will be back at their proper winning form while Red Bull will have a small loss of performance, not too much, just enough to bring back the rivalry

but yeah, with the money Abu Dhabi pays to host the season finale and generally be just a schedule filler because championship was wrapped up 4 races earlier is quite the motivation for Liberty to manufacture game seven moments with gimmicks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Vassago wrote:
webbsy wrote:

I'd put money on it happening sooner than 2026. They've already attempted to increase the unpredictability of races and reduce the performance gap with a number of changes (car regs, sprint races, budget cap) with limited success as far as the actual racing product goes. They'll very quickly lose patience with the lack of storylines this racing is producing, and introduce something to try and stop anyone running away with the championship going forwards. Could be success ballast, could be reverse grid races, could be the return of the double points finale. But I don't see Liberty tolerating another 7 years of one team dominating, even if it's not Merc.

You might say the teams won't tolerate it and threaten to leave like they have in the past, but I don't think the teams have quite as much power as they used to considering F1's current target audience and how the sport is marketed. And I don't think Liberty gives much of a shit what the teams want if they think the audience is losing interest and they're losing money.

Being an american company, surely Liberty will have the american leagues as a benchmark. At the NFL, it took nearly 20 years for the Patriots to win 6 Super Bowls and this is called a dysnasty. A team with such numebrs at F1 probably would be the second best team at such a span.

But the teams are too dumb to work together and they'd rather have a row of titles bigger than Mercedes' one even at the expense of the sport rather than working together to have a less predictable competition to make the sport more attractive.

Sometimes I wish Libery could just kick all the team owners from the sport and bring some american businessmen to replace the current teams with generic replicas of the them.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1101 102 103 104 105125 Next