TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 197 98 99 100 101125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Saward claiming Haas will announce a new title sponsor soon. Should be big American brand.

(Big) if true, wonder who it might be. Amazon? Apple? Netflix? Walmarts is currently on Red Bull but maybe they want a bigger presence?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Saward claiming Haas will announce a new title sponsor soon. Should be big American brand.

(Big) if true, wonder who it might be. Amazon? Apple? Netflix? Walmarts is currently on Red Bull but maybe they want a bigger presence?

Are there any big US-native energy drink brands? :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:

I would bet on Salesforce which put some ads into the Miami GP earlier this year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
amq55 wrote:
Monza and Zandvoort seem like great places to go but not to watch F1. Motorsport is already a bad live spectator sport in most cases, add in flares and fanclubs bickering and I think I'd rather throw my money in the river.

I'd say F1 is better to watch on TV because today is more about seeing the lap times and gaps and other info that is harder to see at the track

the tracks are much better to attend in trackdays where you can stay at the pitlane, talk to other drivers and see good cars (although is not really racing but more like a meeting for enthusiasts)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hert ... /10370216/

Red Bull gave up on Herta, while it was pleasing to see that they think out of the box, FIA and Liberty must screw themselves

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hertas-f1-switch-off-as-red-bull-abandons-efforts/10370216/

Red Bull gave up on Herta, while it was pleasing to see that they think out of the box, FIA and Liberty must screw themselves

I dunno Red Bull are giving up on a lot of things atm if they don't have 100% of their own way immediately

I honestly don't know what the point is in having 100 drivers on your junior ladder program if you then go and lure someone else not in your ranks
I'd be massively wary of signing for them if I was a young karter or something. "Yeah, we're gonna tell you what to do, where to race, how to act and make you advertise our product, then when it comes to the goal we've been pointing you at, yoink it away from you at the last moment in favour of someone else, sorry, go join sportscars or Formula E at your expense"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
micha wrote:

I would bet on Salesforce which put some ads into the Miami GP earlier this year.

As a Salesforce employee, no internal buzz that I've heard (and we have our own F1 slack channel), but then again we didn't hear about the F1-salesforce global partner deal until it was publicly announced.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The biggest obstacle was obviously the signing of a replacement, which has now been sorted out - de Vries will replace Gasly at AT.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Phew, so Latifi is safe, thank God!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ah, no, he's going back to the coffee plantation regardless.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/willi ... /10370648/

Other options are Tony G, Schumacher, Aitken and Doohan.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
Ah, no, he's going back to the coffee plantation regardless.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/willi ... /10370648/

Other options are Tony G, Schumacher, Aitken and Doohan.
How come Latifi is gone? Do Williams new owners not need the money, or is his money gone? Or do the other options have more money than Latifi?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can't imagine that the Latifis have lost their fortune (unless they kept it all in Lebanese banks, in which case it probably got lifted today). With the budget cap, and the car now being somewhat competitive, the extra points that a second good driver can score will make up for any money lost by dropping Latifi. It also makes the team more valuable, so if Dorilton were looking to sell...

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hertas-f1-switch-off-as-red-bull-abandons-efforts/10370216/

I dunno Red Bull are giving up on a lot of things atm if they don't have 100% of their own way immediately

I honestly don't know what the point is in having 100 drivers on your junior ladder program if you then go and lure someone else not in your ranks
I'd be massively wary of signing for them if I was a young karter or something. "Yeah, we're gonna tell you what to do, where to race, how to act and make you advertise our product, then when it comes to the goal we've been pointing you at, yoink it away from you at the last moment in favour of someone else, sorry, go join sportscars or Formula E at your expense"

But, but, but....won't someone think of the driver loyalty! Oh that's right, drivers only stay in those programs for fear of missing out not, because they think they owe them anything.

But that Red Bull program must be the most gut wrenching of all the programs. A poisoned chalice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:58 pm 

Pretty happy with that driver arrangement. Gasly out of the RB family and into a more competitive car against a solid driver will be good for him and us and although not overly competitive, the SAT is a great place to enter the sport for De Vries. Shows how lean the up and coming driver selection is in the red bull program however.

I'm a little disappointed Ricciardo didn't end up back at Alpine in the end but he kinda burned that bridge, but he was lightning quick in that thing in 2020. What could have been...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gotta feel for Liam Lawson, the dude should comfortably be P2 in the F2 standings if not higher if it weren't for things outside of his control. But as a result he's not even mentioned in the same breath as a F1 seat, you'd have thought Red Bull would have looked at the overall potential 8O

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Juihi wrote:
Gotta feel for Liam Lawson, the dude should comfortably be P2 in the F2 standings if not higher if it weren't for things outside of his control. But as a result he's not even mentioned in the same breath as a F1 seat, you'd have thought Red Bull would have looked at the overall potential 8O

I guess it shows that those in F1 are too self involved to actually WATCH the ladder series races and only look at the results sheets

Some of the overtaking moves Liam has pulled in his career have been blinding and there's been a lot of bad luck in his season so far, I'd be taking a punt on him if I was a team boss

Oh well, hopefully he can liven up Formula E or Indycar or something

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ocon and Gasly sound like such an underwhelming line-up to me.

Sure, both won a (fluke) race and both have their moments but it doesnt feel like an Alonso or the potential of Piastri.

At the same time I cant think of any driver that would have that wow-factor and is available or interested in being bought out of their current contract.

For a while now the whole Renault/Alpine team seems to lack the ambition to properly move forward.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alpine always seemed to be heading to nowhere ever since their return and I guess they could be close to hand their operation to Zuffenhausen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Juihi wrote:

I guess it shows that those in F1 are too self involved to actually WATCH the ladder series races and only look at the results sheets

Some of the overtaking moves Liam has pulled in his career have been blinding and there's been a lot of bad luck in his season so far, I'd be taking a punt on him if I was a team boss

Oh well, hopefully he can liven up Formula E or Indycar or something

I could easily say the same about the actual P2 and P1 of this season of Formula 2. Teams are either locked in their programs or are looking for a flashy name and the feeder series is almost a waste of time.

Drugovich dominated the season and the best he managed was buying his seat into a just invented Aston Martin development program.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:57 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Well, some people argued that if FIA gave the SL to Herta that would render the junior programmes useless and teams would shut it down. Maybe that would be a good thing since they ARE useless in most cases. There are only 20 F1 cars available so there is even less space for the upcoming talents. Drugovich is in his third full F2 season. That is literally the last straw line for me. If you can't show anything exceptional by year three then you should move into tin tops or endurance racing. As for Lawson, the problem for him is that an opening has arrived at the wrong time, of course if he was higher in the standings he could have moved right into that AT seat. But he can always win the title in 2023 and maybe replace Tsunoda in 2024?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 197 98 99 100 101125 Next