TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The longer it drags on, the longer it remains in the headlines. It also makes what happened appear worse and worse as time goes on.... it's Mercedes final jab towards Red Bull & Max as I'm sure Toto must be getting a hard on knowing their championship is being for the most part tarnished

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Someone decided that a finish under yellow was not suitable and went for the Americanized version, just like Baku.

Whoever made that call needs to just admit this and then everyone can move on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Toto would to this day offer Masi public fellatio if the roles where reversed and Lewis won the title in that last lap dash and hail it as the best sporting decision in the history of every sport combined. He would present his gaping a-hole begging Masi to peg him as a reward for that decision.

The real tarnish is that Mercedes is showing themself as terrible losers.
They where so terrified that they didnt pull Lewis in for fresh tyres on multiple occasions and that is what bit them in the butt in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:30 am 

They couldn't pit, they would have been behind and Jerez 97 would have happened.
You know how that 33 car drives, divebombs and chop blocks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Someone decided that a finish under yellow was not suitable and went for the Americanized version, just like Baku.

It would have been a huge shame for the sport if it had finished under SC despite there being no need for the SC to be out, and there would be an massive outcry for the FIA to change processes. So they were dammed if they did, dammed if they didn't, and going for as you say, the Americanized version was still the correct move

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
Pretty sure Masi has a job for this year, it was announced a few weeks ago his job was confirmed for 2022.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, if they improve the rulebook and the role definition as well. It would have more impact than just cutting a head to appease the crowd and make it seem like something is done.

mclaren2008 wrote:
They couldn't pit, they would have been behind and Jerez 97 would have happened.

I can't wait for Max to battle for the title against some younger bloke like Sainz or Leclerc, who will give him back blow for blow! We had a taste of it in 2019 with Charles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:

and a DQF for Max, docked points and Lewis champion.

Mercedes convinced themself to the extreme that Max would punt off Lewis that they froze and failed to make the right calls.
Both drivers where already warned about repercussions if they would collide. Points docked was on the table. Max punting off Lewis was never a possibility after that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

They can't show publicly that anything was wrong, so expect Masi to be "promoted" within the next year to save face and get a new race director in that actually follows the rulebook and doesn't go rogue based on a team boss shouting in his ear (or do the opposite because he's pissed off with a team boss, whichever it was)
We had our problems with Charlie, but he followed the rules to the letter

The only leg to stand on from Masi is if he was willing to let all the cars unlap and end under SC as the rules specified and he got a call from a higher up to make sure the race ended under green, a higher up that is willing to throw him under the bus in the name of a manufactured finish for TV
If that happened, then what is happening to Michael is unfair, but I can definitely imagine someone from Liberty having one eye on an exciting finish being more important than a fair result

But we know from the Bianchi report the FIA will go to extreme lengths to protect their reputation when they make mistakes, even if it comes to blaming someone who is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
But we know from the Bianchi report the FIA will go to extreme lengths to protect their reputation when they make mistakes, even if it comes to blaming someone who is dead.

and that's why I doubt that Masi will be punished, he just had done what he was told to do

but I expect some rule changes, like limits on the radio to race director or simply appointing an official to the teams so they cannot pressure directly to race director

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:28 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

They've already banned pit wall to race director radio, haven't they?

Which probably just means Horner, Wolf et al will be smashing their hands into their keyboards on the in-race messenger system (something I remember hearing about as far back as Ralf getting penalised in Nurburgring 2001 for crossing the white line, Charlie was only made aware of it because Todt sent him a text/email) but that's better than hearing that bullshit on air

At least Masi has a track record for not checking his e-mails during the race ;)

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

codename_47 wrote:

Todt and Liberty also got what they wanted out of it. Just think about all the Max Champ merch Liberty were able to shift and Schumachers record didn't get broken under Todt.

Before this we had people yelling that the FIA were choosing who they wanted as champion, funny how they all went silent as soon as it went their way :whistling:

Yeah, they said they were banning pit to Masi radio, but this is the FIA and we know what they're like. Liberty probably had an orgasm over all the shouting, know they could make something out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
well they have been talking about banning, but they also told ages ago that tire warmers would be banned soon and yet we still have that shit plaguing races

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
well they have been talking about banning, but they also told ages ago that tire warmers would be banned soon and yet we still have that shit plaguing races

Also pretty sure the tyre warming temp is gradually going down this year in advance of an eventual ban in a year or two, but I'm at work so today I'm half remembering things that may or may not have happened and unable to back myself up with a google lol
(God bless this website being a weird enough name not to trigger any work website blockers lol)

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The new Aston Martin TP is ex-BMW honcho Mike Krack.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:01 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:
The new Aston Martin TP is ex-BMW honcho Mike Krack.

This is surely April 1st....

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

mclaren2008 wrote:

You completely misunderstand what happened there i think. It was never going to finish under yellow. The only mistake that was made was that the lapped cars were not given the call to unlap themselves at the correct time. They lost a lap first saying they couldn't unlap and then they corrected it by allowing 5 cars to unlap and start the race that same lap. If they had allowed the lapped cars by on the correct time we would have had 1 lap safety car and 1 racing lap. The exact same outcome as what we had. So they are investigating what went wrong with the call for the lapped cars being not given at the correct time, nothing more. It did not change the outcome of the race, a finish under yellow would have been. But most Hamilton fans prefer boring racing I guess, what they got used to see the last 6 years.

Hamilton lost this race on lap 1, if he had given that place back he would have had the chance to pit when he wanted at the end and attack.

What happened at the end if the race was chaotic, but completely fair in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gaara wrote:

Once they sent the lapped cars, which mind you was not all of them only those between Hamilton and Verstappen, around then it was supposed to finish under yellow because they'd have run out of laps.

If they wanted to finish under green they should have either left the lapped cars where they were or red flagged the race.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wish people would shut the hell up about this. We´ve heard all the arguments, nobody decided that the other sides arguments were good enough to change the own believe. We´ve been over this, let it go and let us focus on the 2022 season instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:53 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It's January, what else do you want us to talk about, aside from new team members with hilarious names?

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also, Aston Martin are first to announce their launch date

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6125 Next