TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

After all the crap Mercedes has pulled on and off the track and the luck they've had, it's unbelievable they are acting like this when something doesn't go their way. I guess that's what 7-8 years of having zero competition does to you. #spoiltlittleshits

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Ham could buy the team then do a Whincup and become team principal :whistling:

It will be interesting to see if he would stay involved in racing once he retires as a driver. As it stands, it feels like he would move away entirely to pursue his other interests.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:22 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Let's say that all the correct protocols were followed right away when Latifi crashed, would the championship outcome be any different?

I mean, no call that the lapped cars couldn't pass the pace car, speedy clean-up process, ensuring that the race could finish under green.

"Applied in a new way that affected the race result", if it had been applied in the exact right way it would have been the same race result! You win some, you lose some, FFS...

Also shocking that so many in F1, fans, team personnel, drivers, etc, seem to enjoy bureaucracy more than an on-track finish.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so they've been ruining the sport for the last 7 years or so and now they come with loss of faith in the sport?

buahaha what a bunch of crap, if you want things your way run a spec series with 20 Mercedes cars on the grid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I heard rumours (but yeah, everyone can invent rumours and spread them), that the FIA warned Mercedes that if they continued with their appeal, the entire season would in fact be reviewed and Mercedes would lose more than they gained. And Mercedes dropped their appeal because of this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
I heard rumours (but yeah, everyone can invent rumours and spread them), that the FIA warned Mercedes that if they continued with their appeal, the entire season would in fact be reviewed and Mercedes would lose more than they gained. And Mercedes dropped their appeal because of this.

God. Too bad Toto didn’t call their bluff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Toto Wolff to get stripped off his personal championship points for illegal crowdsurfing, IMHO

Cheeveer wrote:
Let's say that all the correct protocols were followed right away when Latifi crashed, would the championship outcome be any different?

I mean, no call that the lapped cars couldn't pass the pace car, speedy clean-up process, ensuring that the race could finish under green.

From Palmer's analysis video, it seems there were still marshalls on the track at the lap they could've released the backmarkers and still do one SC ending lap + one final lap.

Unless they decided to release them and time the marshall intervention around it, this would've ended under SC if they did like a normal race and played it safe and as per procedure we got used to. It was rushed and some liberty taken to get a green finished, but at least I am glad they did it at the expense of the rulebook, not the safety of track workers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:09 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

https://racingnews365.com/hamilton-and- ... iving-gala
Hamilton/Toto lost my respect with this.
They can argue that the FIA royaly got them in the @ss but at least show some respect to Verstappen and attend especially when Mercedes gave the signal not to go ahead with the appeal.
The congrats to Verstappen after the race in which Hamilton was so praised for means nothing now imagewise.
Mercedes should be asking themselves what this kind of behaviour does to their brand image.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just hope that Max wins at least 3 or 4 championships, so in the end it doesn't matter if one of them was controversial.

Also we're lucky that the loser in this case is Lewis, who already have multiple titles. It would hurt more if neither of the contenders had ever won a championship before, and maybe this would've been their only chance. I couldn't imagine what Perez or Bottas or Ricciardo would feel if they had lost the title the way Lewis did on Sunday. So, at least Lewis still has his 7 titles and 103 wins as consolation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

at least Lewis should show up, he got his 100th victory this season, something I really doubt a driver will achive

until a team does like Mercedes and they go for a 40 race season

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Toto now claiming Lewis might retire after this. They’re milking it all the way

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Omega wrote:

God. Too bad Toto didn’t call their bluff

I wonder what happened to their super engine from Brazil where it was 30kmh faster than anyone, what happened to their felxi rear wing after Brazil too?

After Brazil there was no more of an advantage anywhere to be seen, they were equal with Rbr.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Shovlin claimed that the meme engine 'may or may not' have been used in Jeddah, but seeing how much faster Hamilton was in S2 and S3 I find that hard to believe.

The meme engine was used last Sunday but it had been detuned as they had concerns over reliability.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Toto now claiming Lewis might retire after this. They’re milking it all the way

they want us to believe they're rage quitting, but we all know they're pulling out a Mansell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I want to hold on Hamilton and give him the benefit of doubt. For all his influence in the team, don't forget he still is an employee of Mercedes, and if there's any legal ramifications then he has to abide by them as instructed, at least for now. Future will tell, once he can speak his mind. For now it seems like his true opinion was already given under the podium, but you're on thin ice Lewis, don't fuck this up, drivers should aim to be bigger than this political and legal bullshit.

On other topic, radios of all drivers during the SC confusion. Fernando and Daniel are funny as always :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This Mercedes statement today, I fully get where they're coming from and the hurt they're feeling, and wanting to get clarity into how the regulations are enforced. But man their comments come across as total hypocrisy, especially the 'losing faith' part considering the unethical things they've done behind the scenes to influence how the sport is governed in an effort to extend their dominance. One might even say...this has been manipulated man!

Last edited by Karan on Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sergio wrote:
https://racingnews365.com/hamilton-and-wolff-to-miss-prize-giving-gala
Hamilton/Toto lost my respect with this.

Not like Ham enjoys the gala's anyway... in a previous year he was sat at the same table as Earl Bamber/Brendon Hartley as they had won the WEC WDC. Ham made sure there was an empty seat either side of him, sat there on his phone the entire time. Got up accepted his award saying how it's great to see everyone etc. then left

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:30 am 

Caspar wrote:
If Max wins, I will get "Perez" tattooed.

:metal:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ah shit. The turn of events later in the race meant Perez blocking didn't make any difference (which was not disclaimed in my post). But I'll do it because I'll remember the day LH didn't win the title and serve as a reminder of It ain't over till it's over.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It did make a difference, because it lead to Verstappen pitting under VSC and Mercedes not pitting Hamilton.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next