TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:28 pm 

Omega wrote:
gd49 wrote:
micha wrote:

I honestly wonder what would have happened if they didnt let those cars tru. Would it be unthinkable that they all let Max tru before the first corner? In that case Max probably still would be within striking distance and potentially made the winning move before the lap was over.
I think you'd get such field spread as the lapped cars wouldn't be as close on the restart Hamilton probably would have made it, even if all the lapped cars jumped out the way on the first straight.

Think Ferrari probably have a case to argue that if all lapped cars had gone through and the race still restarted Sainz could have got 2nd rather than 3rd

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

On what tyres was Sainz?
Since it would not make any difference in championship position for Sainz or Ferrari, I doubt they would bother.

Sainz said he's not gonna interfere on 1st corner at the start so why would he go kamikaze on the last lap?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
kcamuhcs wrote:
BS man. They didn't pit for 1 reasone alone. They didn't want to lose track position. And RBR would always do opposite to MERC.
Plus check Alonso laughing when he heard they cant unlap. All Drivers were expecting that - bar Toto&team.

I honestly wonder what would have happened if they didnt let those cars tru. Would it be unthinkable that they all let Max tru before the first corner? In that case Max probably still would be within striking distance and potentially made the winning move before the lap was over.

First corner seems like quite a stretch, but not implausible considering they're all fair racers and knew the implications of the final lap. But certainly by the end of S1 I'm sure they would've all pulled aside giving Verstappen at least 2 opportunities to divebomb Hamilton, so I don't think the decision affected the WDC as much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

24 hours later and still none of the Mercedes F1 socials have acknowledged the race result, or winning the Constructors' Championship or congratulated Verstappen. I guess the Merc blackout continues. :lol:

Last edited by Karan on Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
24 hours later and still none of the Mercedes F1 socials have acknowledged the race result, or winning the Constructions Championship or congratulated Verstappen. I guess the Merc blackout continues. :lol:

so gracious. Like they said in Brasil. They want to win the title on the track and not by protests :whistling:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the impression the race gave it was just like a world cup final, where both teams seem to be drawing the result and then on 90+3 the referee called a very dubious penalty, with all the var shenanigans that obviously led to an amazing turn of events

and just like a football match here we are talking more about the referee calls than the events itself

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
the impression the race gave it was just like a world cup final, where both teams seem to be drawing the result and then on 90+3 the referee called a very dubious penalty, with all the var shenanigans that obviously led to an amazing turn of events

and just like a football match here we are talking more about the referee calls than the events itself

Well put. That was my impression as well.

I was supporting Max this year for the whole year, but I had already accepted during the race that Lewis is going to win the title. That's why I feel Masi's "let's only remove the cars between the championship contenders and have lulz ending" seemed so unfair on Lewis.

I would have actually even preferred them colliding Senna-Prost style rather than deciding it like this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was also expecting Lewis to win in a fairly boring display as we usually see at Abu Dhabi, just hoping for a puncture or a blown engine

of course the stewards and race direction did all the shit possible to steal the show

but in the end, the Mercedes reaction to the whole thing was hilarious, the best ending possible for them haha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lewis has been AWOL since that post race interview btw.
Would this result change his mind? Early retirement or coming out swinging next season?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Would this result change his mind? Early retirement or coming out swinging next season?

The fact that it's not just Lewis but the entire Mercedes team leads me to believe they've imposed a team wide gag order until they evaluate their legal options, and don't want any statements out there in the public to interfere with that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just want to leave this
https://www.myinstants.com/instant/toto ... dium=share

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
micha wrote:

The fact that it's not just Lewis but the entire Mercedes team leads me to believe they've imposed a team wide gag order until they evaluate their legal options, and don't want any statements out there in the public to interfere with that.

Ever since Niki died that team has turned into the galactic empire. I bet Niki would have literally dragged Toto by his ear to Max to congratulate him and stop his little tantrum right in its track.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:52 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Lol, Niki would have gone into race direction and smacked Masi in his face.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kcamuhcs wrote:
webbsy wrote:
trout wrote:

i agree with most of what you said, however if massi had followed protocol consistently (based on previous race situations) the race would have finished behind the safety car - so no, it wasn't clear the race would restart. pitting lewis might have just as easily handed the race to max in that situation as well.

also, "There must be something, somewhere in the rules allowing it" is a bit naive. i don't think the result will be overturned, but lets not pretend that the fia is saying anything other than "because i said so"

To further back up that sentiment, I have read through other forums and comments and what the people saying "well he could have pitted too" are missing is that Mercedes made their judgment (and you can hear Lewis's engineer say as much) on the fact that the standard rules and regs that have been enforced for ages would be followed.

They weren't expecting Masi to suddenly change his protocols from out of know where with no indication of such. If the normal protocols were followed then Hamilton would win, and that is what Mercedes based their judgment on.

Think about it for a second. How on Earth can teams and drivers properly stratergies and plan when the race director can just suddenly up end the norms at random, and then have his organization say well because we said so. And it is the same for driving standards. Norms and the rule book seem not to matter any more. How confusing is that!

BS man. They didn't pit for 1 reasone alone. They didn't want to lose track position. And RBR would always do opposite to MERC.
Plus check Alonso laughing when he heard they cant unlap. All Drivers were expecting that - bar Toto&team.

Exactly! You make my point. Listen to Hamilton's radio. They said that explicitly to him knowing that he would win the race if normal procedures were followed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Toto has been going at this the wrong way.

If I were him, I'd take the direct approach: round up a couple thousand angry drunken hooligans, send them to Paris, and have them besiege the FIA headquarters.

It (almost) worked for Trump, so it's worth a shot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can you imagine the total and complete meltdown in F1 circles if Max was in a Ferrari and that decision was made lol.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:12 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cartman wrote:
If I were him, I'd take the direct approach: round up a couple thousand angry drunken hooligans, send them to Paris, and have them besiege the FIA headquarters.

I don't know man, few thousand German's besieged Paris in 1941 and didn't end well.

I lost all support for McLaren (well, Ron Dennis) when they refused to accept losing the championship in 2008 during that cool fuels saga, I'm sure heaps more will feel the same this time round.

Besides, what happens if they win their appeal? They can't exactly impose a penalty on Red Bull for doing anything wrong because they didn't do anything wrong. What's the punishment the FIA gets a 10 second time penalty? The FIA have to start the next race 10 places back on next years grid? Re-run the last laps of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix with everyone returning to their positions and re-fitting tyres with the same wear levels? Declare the race null and void (Max still wins anyway?).

Aside from sueing the FIA for lost prize money they won't get shit out of this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I saw posts everywhere where the rules also gave the Race Director (Masi) room to do what he did. If that is true, Mercedes has no base at all. Which they probably already know anyways because they normally are very aware of what is allowed and what not according to the rules.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Max's championship will stand. There isn't a hope in hell it will be reversed. But Merc want Masi's head. And to be honest that outcome would suffice.

But, that would mean the FIA admits there was an error. They have already pulled out the stiff shit bitches clause, so why would they get rid of Masi in an admission of guilt? I'm afraid it is no dice Mercedes on all accounts.

But one thing I read elsewhere pretty much sums up the frustration surrounding the ending. The rules are to apply to ALL laps. So if Latiffi binned it on say lap 30, would Masi still stand by only letting a select number of back markers through? The answer is no. And that's the frustration. He moved the goal posts mid game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:55 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Isn't there some "superior" job in FIA he could become promoted to?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
Cartman wrote:

I don't know man, few thousand German's besieged Paris in 1941 and didn't end well.

I lost all support for McLaren (well, Ron Dennis) when they refused to accept losing the championship in 2008 during that cool fuels saga, I'm sure heaps more will feel the same this time round.

Besides, what happens if they win their appeal? They can't exactly impose a penalty on Red Bull for doing anything wrong because they didn't do anything wrong. What's the punishment the FIA gets a 10 second time penalty? The FIA have to start the next race 10 places back on next years grid? Re-run the last laps of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix with everyone returning to their positions and re-fitting tyres with the same wear levels? Declare the race null and void (Max still wins anyway?).

Aside from sueing the FIA for lost prize money they won't get shit out of this.

Not to mention that any decision taken from that doesn't just affect Lewis; it affects all of the drivers whose positions changed, including Perez.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 40 Next