TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

God you Brits are pathetically biased. :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh there is the perfect Yakety Sax set up for Abu Dhabi.

Bottas takes pole from Hamilton by half a tenth, Max third, Max does a very subtle forgets to break for turn one (not Schumacher obvious) takes Lewis out and is World Champion. Max can argue that is was a racing incident, thus not getting booted out of the Championship and Bottas's pole costs Hamilton and Merc the world championship.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:42 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

what a farce of a race

note to self, when a driver slows in front of you, just ram them from behind

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I know I find it interesting hearing the FIA to teams radio, but how long will it continue to be broadcast? Because Masi just seems like an inept idiot everytime one is broadcast. The old saying "Friend to all, friend to none" applies with that guy.

His message to Merc of "I told you" was just farcical. Ending in him saying "I can only press as many buttons as I can".

And shock horror......that Brazil non judgement of driving your rival off the track was exploited by someone????? Who would have ever thought.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The other thing no one has mentioned is that the turn one incident would be fresh in Lewis' mind. Many drivers have passed off the track and then given the place back (sometimes straight away, and sometimes after a lap or two of arguing with the team and stewards). Surely Lewis must have had some idea that this could be why Max was slowing down? As for 'slowing down on a straight', isn't that where almost every position swap takes place? Should he have slammed the brakes in the middle of a chicane instead?

And still no investigation into Bottas backing the pack up before the pit stops? Absolute farce.

I just pray for a clean race in Abu Dhabi, because the stewards and FIA cannot be trusted to influence it in any way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

All of these shenanigans could be fixed with 1 simple rule:

- DRS is disabled in the following zone after slowing to give a position back.

That and a larger deterrent in the outside of corners. A small strip of gravel would be enough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tbh I think they both need to be shut in a room and yelled at for acting like dorks, like Ron Dennis did with Senna and Prost. Max was an idiot for trying to 'strategically' give the place back so clumsily that he had to stand on the brakes before the DRS line, and Lewis was an idiot for trying to 'strategically' avoid passing him until the DRS line so clumsily that he literally drove into the back of the guy he was fighting.

Masi definitely doesn't help by trying to be everybody's friend here, but he has made a rod for his own back by being like this for so long - nobody will respect him now and the teams will simply get what they want.

This is definitely the closest F1 season in forever, but Mercedes, Hamilton, Red Bull and Max are all trying to pull the rug out under themselves and ruin it. Max and Lewis apparently can't be near each other on the track without squabbling like children, and Toto and Christian are equally childish with each other.

@
codename_47
is right about how toxic the forum has been getting, but honestly I can only see it as a reflection of the most toxic F1 season in recent memory.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
But then he lifted off on a fucking straight and could've killed a guy.
Ok, he wasn't trying to hit anyone, but he wasn't clear in what he was doing. Not being clear in your intentions always causes accidents, on the racetrack or on the road
According to some of the...hmm, interesting theories on here, Lewis had time to consider not getting DRS or some other compettitive advantage in the half a millesecond or so it took when Max started to slow down and the contact. No way does the brain work that quick, sorry.
He was probably reacting on instinct, wondering if he'd missed a call for the VSC....he hadn't been told on the radio it was going to happen which is the key point, so Max's intentions wasn't clear

Lewis was very open in the press pen after the race about the fact that he knew what Max was doing. You can clearly see from his onboard that he slowed down at the same rate that Max did until just before the collision. He chose to put his car right behind Max's instead of alongside. The idea that he was taken by surprise runs contrary to every piece of knowledge that has been gathered about the incident.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so after the post race shenanigans we can take some conclusions

-you're at fault for being hit from behind when you are struck by a Mercedes
-driving standards have reached an all time low in 70 years
-stewards are a bunch of attention seekers looking to take away the focus from drivers and teams, even if it is in a negative way
-the next race will be not a matter of who will win the most, but the one who will lose the least

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In the end Lewis H. stole the title in Silverstone and got away scott free with it.
And I honestly put blame on Max for that. He should have backed down and either just finish 2nd or overtake him later on track or tru an under-/overcut.

If every single race after that played out exactly the same as now, Max simply would have been cruising to his title next weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

amq55 wrote:

That and a larger deterrent in the outside of corners. A small strip of gravel would be enough.

Mate, like 100% of yesterday's whole drama between Mercedes abd RedBull were due to the run-off at turn 1, directly or indirectly. If that section of the track didn't incite people to decide not to take the corner at all, none of this shitshow would've happened. Max would behave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:34 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
I think this entire forum needs to take a step back, deep breath and realise how toxic it is becoming

It seems in the desperation to see the domination ended, Max is allowed to do whatever he wants, but every single thing Mercedes and Lewis do is criticised to the highest order. Insults, swearing, attacking anyone who isn't 100% team Max.
I've been on here since I was 15 or something but just recently it's ...

...back to my original point, everyone seems mad all the time. Mad when there's domination by 1 driver, and FURIOUS when there's close equal compettition between two teams and drivers.
We have a title decider coming up and have had at least 3 or 4 all time classic races this year
This f1 lark isn't so bad after all, is it? :whistling:

Yes, I agree with everything, I'm avoiding the forum. The unrestrained hatred of Hamilton borders on racism, how can something so toxic happen in such a good championship? The FIA and Masi are a farce. Baku not being shut down after the accident punished Max, he would win if it weren't for this nonsense, farce. Spa was a farce, gift points for Max. Not punishing Max in Brazil, another farce. Completely unnecessary red flag yesterday, farce. This is not all about being a fanboy, the two drivers are amazing, it's just the reality that haters pretend not to see, anyway, this is really toxic, I hope it gets better. More people should write like you. Hamilton has a chance to win his 8th title and for the guys here he is a fake...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:
Looked deliberate from Bottas. Has anyone been penalised for going too slowly before?

There is the 10-car gap rule but I don't know if that only applies once the snake has formed.

Only after that. Otherwise it would be difficult if safety car comes out when car in front is too far away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:
amq55 wrote:

Mate, like 100% of yesterday's whole drama between Mercedes abd RedBull were due to the run-off at turn 1, directly or indirectly. If that section of the track didn't incite people to decide not to take the corner at all, none of this shitshow would've happened. Max would behave

Thinking more forward, first corners where track turns to the right and quickly after left are bad.

Going through 2021 calendar, good and bad first corners
Sakhir - debatable, first one is much tighter than second one so crowding would open up possibility to other driver to attack
Imola - bad
Portimao - good
Barcelona - bad
Monaco - good
Baku - good
Paul Ricard - bad
Red Bull Ring - good
Silverstone - I consider turn 3 here as it's first braking zone, good
Hungaroring - good
Spa - good
Zandvoort - good
Monza - bad
Sochi - I consider turn 2 as it's first braking zone, bad
Istanbul - debatable, I think distance from 1 to 2 is long enough
Austin - good
Mexico City - bad
Interlagos - see Istanbul
Losail - good
Jeddah - bad
Yas Marina - good

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:38 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Karan wrote:
Lifted on a fucking straight and could've killed a guy? Trust the biggest Hamilton fanboy on here to amuse us with the dramatic theatrics :lol:

No way does the brain work that quick? I guess we're ignoring the fact that Hamilton was stalking Verstappen's gearbox, matching his speed and following him for about 4-5 seconds prior to Verstappen slowing down further right before the contact occurred. It's not as if Hamilton suddenly arrived on the scene at high speed, found Verstappen going slowly and then the contact occurred a millisecond later. But trust the Hamilton fanboys to spin the story to fit the narrative that Sir Lewis can do no wrong. :whistling:

The main thrust of my post was "hey, you know this forum is getting a bit toxic, maybe we should just appreciate we're lucky to see a title battle and not go 100% on the offensive just when we see an opposing opinion" and got this in response

As I say, you can want to see domination ended, you don't have to be so alternatively miserbale about predicting what might happen in the race and aggressive in anyone presenting an opposing opinion.

Anyone who isn't 100% "Max is the greatest, he has done nothing wrong, FIA is 100% biased against him and Mercedes are evil incarnate" apparently suffers from "British Bias" and all you have to do is post a few rolleye smilees and say how shit everything is and you'll be backed up with a few likes and pats on the back

Jesus Christ people, we're in our 30s now and enjoying the first race that's gone down to the wire since 2016....are we fans of the sport at all? Or just bitching and whining at anything that goes against our perspective bias?

Actually, don't answer that.....

I wonder where all the moderate, fans of the sport first have got to? :whistling: :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
....are we fans of the sport at all?

we are but Mercedes is making a big effort so we can stop being F1 fans

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
....are we fans of the sport at all?

we are but Mercedes is making a big effort so we can stop being F1 fans

In your view.

TBH Red Bull and Horner pull just as much shit as Merc and Toto*, but people only want to see their guys as heroes and their opponents as demons
No-one will ever admit there's a middle ground

*Unless you're a pair of headphones or a table, obviously :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

no doubt about it, but Merc is a fair easy target as it is a big money company that I highly doubt there's someone in the free world today displaying support to them unless that support is meant to the drivers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Today I learned I'm British, probably.

If the GOAT has to win the all-time record, nobody would've imagined a better scenario for it to unfold, or an opponent as fierce as Verstappen. This thing is history regardless what happens next week, unless you let Internet get in the way of your enjoyment.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31 Next