TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I personally don't like Hamilton, but damn I hope he takes his 8th Championship. Despite what alot of people maybe thinking, he thoroughly deserves it. Please show me a driver who says I want to be the best driver in the world in the second or third best car. Ever single driver wants the best car. Some how that is his fault?

I hope next year throws something different at us. Doubt it though. I get it, people want to see someone different win it. But now imagine how insufferable it will be with a decade of Max winning everything.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, both Verstappen and Hamilton have driven to a standard this year that's worthy of a champion. I really don't think you can say either one is undeserving of the title based on how they've performed.
They've brought it weekend in, weekend out and driven both cars to their very limits without taking any weekends off.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
I wonder where all the moderate, fans of the sport first have got to? :whistling: :?

I believe this is the place you're looking for: https://twitter.com/hashtag/TeamLH

Sorry I couldn't resist. :lol:

As for my previous post, don't take it to heart man. I'm neither a fan of Hamilton or Verstappen, Mercedes nor Red Bull. But I think everyone and their dog on this forum, whether they're willing to admit it or not, knows you do bring a certain flair for the dramatic and rose tinted spin when it comes to Hamilton's actions, and if he's your favorite driver, that's totally fine and somewhat expected. But that doesn't mean anyone who sees that and calls it out, automatically becomes a jaded whiner or anti-Hamilton/hater. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:30 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I also like Max, so it's a weird position to be in tbh

I will both win and lose no matter what happens

But I think we're all fans of the sport first too, which is why I think taking a step back and appreciating what's gone on this year and how lucky we are to see a title battle (well, once every 5 years is about right for F1 :P ) and how it is hopefully bringing new fans to the sport.

We might all have our favourites, but if some clueless Football or Rugby fan decried our sport as just "stupid driving round in circles, not even a proper sport!", as non-fans tend to do a LOT, then suddenly we'd be united in defending our passion

I just wish, as we head into the final chapter with the white heat of battle burning as brightly as it will all season, we all just remembered that we are unified as F1 fans rather than divided into our tribes

Max is a great driver, Lewis is a great driver. TBH so long as that dickhead Stroll or that arse Mazepin never get a run at the title, we can be content in seeing the best of the best compete at the highest level and we shouldn't have to wait until the adrenaline level drops to appreciate that

Also, I'm too old for this fucking teenage passionate arguing shit. It's just driving around in circles....mannnn :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
I wonder where all the moderate, fans of the sport first have got to? :whistling: :?

I don't know why I'm saying this yet again when it will fall on deaf ears, but mate, glass houses. To repeatedly tar the whole forum with this brush is pretty damn insulting and makes me wonder why you still spend so much time and energy here. Finding Mercedes and Lewis guilty of certain things does not automatically mean you're anti-Lewis, anti-GOAT, racist or anything else. Constantly pulling the bias card is just a sign you can't be bothered arguing the actual facts.

Let's try it out:
- Max made several dick moves through the race and was deserving of at least one penalty
- Horner and Marko have cried 'no fair' so many times now that they have no credibility left
- Lewis has no one to blame for running up Max's rear but himself
- The fact Bottas wasn't investigated for backing up the pack is one of the worst stewarding misses in recent memory
- Opinion time: I don't care whether the winner is silver or blue, as both camps have been doing some pretty shameful shit this season. Do you really picture Lewis or Max coming out on top and think 'Yeah, I really like that guy, good on him'?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:19 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

I wonder how things are being discussed at the fastlane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder how things are being discussed at 4chan. Or Spamgasm, if you prefer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To be fair, the conversation is 100x more rational on TBK than F1's social media pages.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
I also like Max, so it's a weird position to be in tbh

I will both win and lose no matter what happens

But I think we're all fans of the sport first too, which is why I think taking a step back and appreciating what's gone on this year and how lucky we are to see a title battle (well, once every 5 years is about right for F1 :P ) and how it is hopefully bringing new fans to the sport.

We might all have our favourites, but if some clueless Football or Rugby fan decried our sport as just "stupid driving round in circles, not even a proper sport!", as non-fans tend to do a LOT, then suddenly we'd be united in defending our passion

I just wish, as we head into the final chapter with the white heat of battle burning as brightly as it will all season, we all just remembered that we are unified as F1 fans rather than divided into our tribes

Max is a great driver, Lewis is a great driver. TBH so long as that dickhead Stroll or that arse Mazepin never get a run at the title, we can be content in seeing the best of the best compete at the highest level and we shouldn't have to wait until the adrenaline level drops to appreciate that

Also, I'm too old for this fucking teenage passionate arguing shit. It's just driving around in circles....mannnn :p

Nooo let's stay trapped in the early-mid 2000s. :excited: :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:43 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Philthy82 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

I don't know why I'm saying this yet again when it will fall on deaf ears, but mate, glass houses. To repeatedly tar the whole forum with this brush is pretty damn insulting and makes me wonder why you still spend so much time and energy here. Finding Mercedes and Lewis guilty of certain things does not automatically mean you're anti-Lewis, anti-GOAT, racist or anything else. Constantly pulling the bias card is just a sign you can't be bothered arguing the actual facts.

Let's try it out:
- Max made several dick moves through the race and was deserving of at least one penalty
- Horner and Marko have cried 'no fair' so many times now that they have no credibility left
- The fact Bottas wasn't investigated for backing up the pack is one of the worst stewarding misses in recent memory
- Opinion time: I don't care whether the winner is silver or blue, as both camps have been doing some pretty shameful shit this season. Do you really picture Lewis or Max coming out on top and think 'Yeah, I really like that guy, good on him'?

Bottas wasn't investigated for backing up the pack because the rules only apply once the SC "snake" has been formed, apparently.
Stupid omission I know, but I guess Merc are aware of the letter of the law and the loopholes around it and other teams aren't
Same with Lewis dropping back on the run to the 2nd grid, it techincally counts as a lap of the race so the 10 car lengths rule doesn't apply their either.
I hope the FIA look at these loopholes in the off season, it feels like they're thrown new procedures at the sport with regards to red flags and standing restarts and not updated the rules to deal with them
Same with the pit lane incident for the first red.
If they're assessing a situation to see if they need to red flag or not, they should close the pit lane until they're ready.
The pit lane being open/closed was a big deal when there was refueling and someone might run out of fuel and be out of the race if they weren't able to come in, but again, that was 10 years ago or more now, why aren't we closing the pit lane so we don't have issues like one team pitting and another team being handed a free tyre change.
There's certainly a lot of people in the F2 race that might agree, the result of that race would be 100% different if they'd closed the pit lane before everyone decided to pit then got caught out by a red flag that meant end of race.

As to the other point, it wasn't really that people should be completely unbiased and not have favourites, it was more really "how about being a bit nicer to each other with our passion since we're all fans of the sport first. Lets look at what unites us, not divides"
I'm seen as a Lewis Hamilton fan so immediately anything I say is written off as bias simply because 95% of people here dislike him and are quietly enraged just by him showing up to the track. I've kinda got used to it, for whatever this place is more anti-lewis than it is pro-max or anyone else, just by coincidence really, but if we end up with an 8 time world champion that people don't recognise the talent and determination of, well that reflects worse on those that deny him than the driver himself.
Is there any need for such vitriol? Yeah, people are pointing out other places are worse, but that doesn't make it civil and calm here by comparison.

TL;DR I once posted something postive about Lewis Hamilton in 2006 so my opinion is worthless, of course, I just wanted a bit less sledging and insulting on here, that's all *shrug*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Let's try it out:

I don't see the Sunday collision being Lewis's fault at all, but your main point stands strong. In fact your point is enhanced when you look at the season on the whole. Two juggernaut teams with two amazing cars and two drivers at the peak of their abilities...and yet more often than not it seems we're talking about poor sportsmanship and outright shameful actions instead of honest, heartfelt battling on track.

Despite being so dead tired of watching Hamilton win everything under the sun, I've personally now reached a point where I think I would be more disappointed if Verstappen actually wins it. But there's nothing really animating my feelings more than just being more fed up with one driver's 2021 poor attitude than the other's. And that goes precisely back to your final point: there won't really be an outcome to feel truly good about.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is this how people felt through 1989 and 1990?

Perhaps all of this is a good sign that years from now, after the details have faded in our memories, only the drama a'd nostalgia will remain, and this season will go down as an all-time classic that our little shits will envy us for having lived through live.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Coldtyre wrote:
Is this how people felt through 1989 and 1990?

some journalists felt that Senna winning over Prost was the triumph of the over daring driver, the one who pushed boundaires towards the championship

I believe Verstappen fits in the same category nowadays, but as the over aggressive driver who sometimes drives like a moron trying to win, thus enabling that kind of behavior not only in F1 but motorsports in general

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... %20braking.

I am not sure that everybody read the important part of the stewards statement about the incident: pedal pressure of 69 bars (out of the 120 max pressure as far as I know), and 2.4G deceleration:

Quote:
"The driver of car 33 stated that he was wondering why Car 44 had not overtaken and the driver of Car 44 stated that, not having been aware at that stages that Car 33 was giving the position back, was unaware of the reason Car 33 was slowing. In deciding to penalize the driver of Car 33, the key point for the stewards was that the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly and significantly, resulting inn 2.4g deceleration.

"Whilst accepting that the driver of Car 44 could have overtaken Car 33 when that car first slowed, we understand why he (and the driver of Car 33) did not want to be the first to cross the DRS.

"However, the sudden breaking by the driver of Car 33 was determined by the Stewards to be erratic and hence the predominant cause of the collision and hence the standard penalty of 10 seconds for this type of incident, is imposed."

This is well argumented and they address all the points. Even after the extract was posted here (twitter post), you had people still mentioning a "lift-off" and bringing up the points that the stewards had already acknowledged in their statement as if they had been ignored in the decision. Hamilton was playing games, but he was predictable. Max was not, and was penalised for it.

I am always confident that the people with access to both radios, to both witness testimonies, and to telemetry data, will give the truth and take better decisions than the internet. And they honestly do the vast majority of the time. But that's not the sort of level-headedness that fans want, and particularly those that voted the guy "driver of the race". If that's the sort of racing people want to see, sore losers sliding across run-off and taking off, then taking off again after failing to give back the position, then I'm speechless against such a short-sighted view of the sport from those fans and how they intend to enjoy it going forward.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
driver of the day last race was given mostly by dutch fans trying to put a response over what happened on the track

fortunately the race was in Saudi Arabia and not in Belgium or Netherlands

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31