TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31 Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
webbsy wrote:
Just watched the highlights. Max is totally going to kamakazi Lewis at the start next race and take the championship based on countback. It is inevitable.

I think if one driver deliberatly takes out another driver next race, the FIA will remove that driver from the standings and give him a race ban for next season.

Somehow I don't think the FIA/Liberty will have the balls to do a 97 and exclude one of the drivers. Unless it is Loris Capirossi 1998 levels of obvious.

@4:05 for those of you that don't know it. Is what I expect to happen at the start next race.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Absofuckinglutely disgusting
Fuck you fia.
I think it's the sudden brake application which swings it against Verstappen. That's sounds pretty much like a brake check to me, combined with the fact he jinked left at the last moment.

Have they said what the 5 second penalty was for? Was it not giving the place back in time?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
micha wrote:
Fuck you fia.

Yeah of course. What a shit show.

It doesn't matter anymore whether Lewis or Max get the 10 second penalty. In both cases, it doesn't change the result, so wipe your mouth and off to Abu Dhabi.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:
micha wrote:
Fuck you fia.
I think it's the sudden brake application which swings it against Verstappen. That's sounds pretty much like a brake check to me, combined with the fact he jinked left at the last moment.

Have they said what the 5 second penalty was for? Was it not giving the place back in time?

He slowed down extra because sir blessed refused to pass him before the drs detection zone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok, as much as I think it is a crappy post race penalty there, the key thing is that he decelerated by 2.4 G and 69 bar, which is a significant amount. Considering that F1 breaking is around 5G, that is approaching almost half the normal breaking levels. So yeah, penalty sucks, Hamilton could have avoided, but braking that hard before a normal breaking zone is pretty dangerous if the guy behind isn't expecting that level of breaking to occur.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
gd49 wrote:
micha wrote:
Fuck you fia.

He slowed down extra because sir blessed refused to pass him before the drs detection zone.

The rub here is for how long do you have to be crawling to return a position back to a rival? I mean theoretically they could've been crawling along for another 5-6 seconds until getting to the DRS zone with Hamilton intentionally driving behind Verstappen instead of alongside him. I'm just surprised they blamed this incident completely on Verstappen, disregarding the fact that prior to the contact, Hamilton had a good 3-4 seconds available to cruise past him.

Last edited by Karan on Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You brake with someone behind you, you are at fault.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The 2021 season has been full of controversy since race 1. Some will remember this season as a fantastic battle between Max and Lewis, from the beginning till the final race. But damn, you won´t be alone if you remember this season mainly because of the weird, inconsistent, controversial decisions made by the stewards in about every race weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
You brake with someone behind you, you are at fault.

What if the one behind also brakes, waits, and then runs into the one in front?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

But Verstappen had on influence no Hamilton being directly behind him. That was Hamilton's own doing. He was basically right on Verstappen's gearbox stalking him after Verstappen slowed down, despite the left hand side of the track being fully clear. So if you've been instructed to let a rival by, and said rival doesn't go by, then you drop your speed further in an attempt to give him the position.

Obviously there was gamesmanship going on from both, but like I'm just not sure what else Verstappen is supposed to do if your rival decides to literally stalk your gearbox, and then makes contact with you when you drop your speed further in an effort to let him by, as per the instruction given.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:29 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Lewis didn't have to pass; there's nothing against the rules there. Brake-testing someone though...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:32 am 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

Up until this race I was Team Max, tired of the Hamilton/Mercedes dominance just like I was tired of Schumi's Ferrari and Vettel's RBR. After this race, however, I don't think any of these two clowns should be champion. Can't even swap positions one goddamn time without one or both of them flying off the track and/or ending in a shower of carbon fibre.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Neil wrote:
Lewis didn't have to pass; there's nothing against the rules there. Brake-testing someone though...

Yet that is what the debate is all about. This wasn´t standard Schumi on Montoya 04 brake testing, this was slowing down to let someone pass and then slow down some more because the other one did not want to pass. Brake testing is wrong, in context like this you could argue if it was brake testing. The FIA says it was, but we all know the FIA have not always made the best decisions.

Sent from my toilet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Neil wrote:

Fair enough, that final slow down was a bit naughty by Verstappen knowing Hamilton was right on his tail. But let's look at the flip side. How farcical would it have looked if Verstappen had to tootle along at a constant speed for the rest of the lap until Sir Hamilton decided it was convenient for him to take the position. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just heard about Max recieving additional penalty...
And he is to blame, i cant belive it.
Sure he keeps 2nd but "they" decided who is gonna be champ next week. i just cant belive it you slow down to let him past and he doesnt want to Pass you so he hits you and get away with it. I have no wordsno more, they at fia are not worth it. I really hope rbr has faster car like last year there and win the thing, but sure there will be controversy there too, if not Max do a Senna prost 90 and thats it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:17 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I think this entire forum needs to take a step back, deep breath and realise how toxic it is becoming

It seems in the desperation to see the domination ended, Max is allowed to do whatever he wants, but every single thing Mercedes and Lewis do is criticised to the highest order. Insults, swearing, attacking anyone who isn't 100% team Max.
I've been on here since I was 15 or something but just recently it's not becoming a nice place to be

This is one of the greatest title battles in years and we have the title protagonists equal on points after many classic races. Can't we just enjoy that?
Yeah, there's things that piss us off, but that's pretty standard too.....if the internet was around in the Jean Marie Balstre era.....yikes!! :8:

I've been held up as the Lewis fanboy on here but quietly I've been excited whoever wins the title because I've always liked Max too.
This isn't a Lewis Vs Vettel or Lewis Vs Rosberg, All out racer vs the guy who is good at pit strategy and off track psycholgy.
This is racer vs racer and Max is obviously the driver that will take over Lewis' dominance when Lewis retires (luckily this year we're getting a close title race but if we expect anything but moving from the Lewis Hamilton era to the Max Verstappen era of dominance, we're a bit deluded. That's how F1 always works)

Today though, wow, we went up like 20 more levels. Max has always been the driver in wheel to wheel contact that is the smallest whisper away from disaster, we've known this ever since Kimi got furious with his horrible blocks in Spa 2014 (or we've known it since Formula 3....)

But then he lifted off on a fucking straight and could've killed a guy.
Ok, he wasn't trying to hit anyone, but he wasn't clear in what he was doing. Not being clear in your intentions always causes accidents, on the racetrack or on the road
According to some of the...hmm, interesting theories on here, Lewis had time to consider not getting DRS or some other compettitive advantage in the half a millesecond or so it took when Max started to slow down and the contact. No way does the brain work that quick, sorry.
He was probably reacting on instinct, wondering if he'd missed a call for the VSC....he hadn't been told on the radio it was going to happen which is the key point, so Max's intentions wasn't clear.

Which brings us to Masi, he is at fault here too, for not telling Mercedes that Max was going to slow down in time. Also, what the FUCK is this negociation between teams offering them a multiple choice of penalties like it's an episode of a fucking quiz show?
Why? Charlie might have treated marshals lives as secondary to the superstar F1 drivers losing their time games so didn't want to put out the SC, but at least he knew the rules and fucking applied them like a dictator., not phoned up the teams and asked them what penalty they'd prefer. Jesus Christ
Charlie would've been running under the SC until that barrier was fixed too, that's debatable whether that is better or not but he didn't give a shit about TV ratings or spicing up the drama, usually the exact opposite, purism had to reign over everything, even marshal safety sometimes.

If one person's job is under threat it's his

Also remember the most bullshit DSQ that has ever been, spa 2008, when they came up with a law to punish lewis that if you give a place back you must wait TWO corners before you're allowed to pass again?
Seems fine when other drivers do it.... :whistling:

But back to my original point, everyone seems mad all the time. Mad when there's domination by 1 driver, and FURIOUS when there's close equal compettition between two teams and drivers.
We have a title decider coming up and have had at least 3 or 4 all time classic races this year
This f1 lark isn't so bad after all, is it? :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:34 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Masi needs to go, he's useless. That should have been a drive though penalty at least.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
According to some of the...hmm, interesting theories on here, Lewis had time to consider not getting DRS or some other compettitive advantage in the half a millesecond or so it took when Max started to slow down and the contact. No way does the brain work that quick, sorry.

I feel like one of those fact checkers on twitter. There was 5 seconds between Lewis lifting off and hitting the back of Max

@00:52:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lifted on a fucking straight and could've killed a guy? Trust the biggest Hamilton fanboy on here to amuse us with the dramatic theatrics :lol:

No way does the brain work that quick? I guess we're ignoring the fact that Hamilton was stalking Verstappen's gearbox, matching his speed and following him for about 4-5 seconds prior to Verstappen slowing down further right before the contact occurred. It's not as if Hamilton suddenly arrived on the scene at high speed, found Verstappen going slowly and then the contact occurred a millisecond later. But trust the Hamilton fanboys to spin the story to fit the narrative that Sir Lewis can do no wrong. :whistling:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Finally finished watching the race. 29 pages, lol.

Very spicy penultimate round. If the way we got there is not ideal, it's great that end up having the top 2 tied in points going to Abu Dhabi.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31 Next