Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:
Ocon lost 4 seconds on the final lap, on old tyres. Lewis could have slipped to 7th, or the Mercedes might have been good enough to look after its tyres and finish 3rd. We'll never know, but he was beginning to lose time before he pitted. Probably the right call to pit.

Well this is why Ocon lost that time... that tyre is dead

It's crazy how no team that we heard live (Mercedes and Ferrari) mentioned the safety aspect of taking this tyre to the end. Ferrari told Leclerc that he "can" do it, but probably meaning as per the rules, rather than an engineering opinion.

I mean, worst case scenario wasn't just finishing in X position, it was blowing up in the middle of turn 8 or 11 and destroying an engine in the barrier (new one at that for Lewis).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
the ost wrote:
Well done on Bottas winning and proving all the earlier comments wrong. For once.

Indeed, I thought his motivation and selfconfidence were too far gone to still be able to have an error free race, but he proved me wrong. He always has his 2 or 3 races in a season where he´s unbeatable.

I like this 2021 season. More than half of the races so far were actually exciting, and I hope the battle for the title lasts till the end. I don´t like Hamilton, but if he wins it after a year long battle until the very end, I am more at peace with it than after only having to beat his own teammate.

Agreed. Yes, there have been a few dull races, and yes, the cars can sometimes be frustratingly difficult to follow each other. But I don't think it's unreasonable to say that this could be one of the best ever F1 seasons. It hasn't just been Lewis winning some races unchallenged and Max winning others unchallenged. They've actually battled on track several times and crashed into each other twice already. We've had races being decided in the last few laps. We've had other constructors pick up wins and some crazy races.

I'll personally be happier if Max wins (just to end Mercedes dominance, and because he lost up to 50 points in Baku and Silverstone), but if Lewis does win, he's had to fight really hard for it.

Just a shame that some of the remaining circuits are a bit underwhelming, but even Sochi threw up a good race, so who knows? Let's enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
De Cesaris fan wrote:
I'll personally be happier if Max wins (just to end Mercedes dominance, and because he lost up to 50 points in Baku and Silverstone), but if Lewis does win, he's had to fight really hard for it.

I agree a lot with that. Just wished situation like this year could had happened in the past 5 years either

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If they kept the same rules for some time, we could have more seasons like this. After the 2017 rules got introduced we finally have a great season now, and next year will probably be spread out again with the new rules and it will take years for the field to close up. It's like they want one team dominating, I don't understand this. Just continue with the current ruleset. Only tweak it a bit if necessary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:38 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Not sure why people forget 2017 and 2018 were actual championship fights, or why winning a title against a driver in an identical machine isn't as much of an achievement as winning one against a rival in another team's machine where you could just put down their compettitiveness to "having a better car" etc, but F1 fans gotta F1 fan I guess :o

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
well in 2017 and 2018 Mercedes got the upper hand in the latter half and secured championship with many races remaining

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:26 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

17 and 18 were crap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Not sure why people forget 2017 and 2018 were actual championship fights, or why winning a title against a driver in an identical machine isn't as much of an achievement as winning one against a rival in another team's machine where you could just put down their compettitiveness to "having a better car" etc, but F1 fans gotta F1 fan I guess :o

Yeah, 17 and 18 had title battles as well, but both ended in a huge anti-climax (which could still happen this year). But the number of good races we had this year beats these years easily, and also the rivalry between Lewis and Max is much more intense than the one between Lewis and Seb.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

17 and 18 was obvious that it will end with the Merc winning.
Beggining of the season was good, with some Vettel wins but later it was a walk in the park and the title was secured 3,4 races before the end.