TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

There seems to be a weird vibe in F1 social media atm of a young driver being gutted at losing a potential first win and fans wanting to point at him and say "Well, it's your own fault mate, haha!" instead of empathising with him

George didn't get this after his similarly nailed on first win was taken from him too by circumstances out of his control, no-one pointed to him and said "well, shouldn't have got a puncture mate/Lewis would've overrode the team and stayed out so there wouldn't have been a pitstop problem" etc etc so why all of a sudden are people gunning for Lando?

It's weird that Russell has the whole "New up and coming young gun" feeling behind him with all the publicity and Lando is potentially going a greater job and not quite getting the same treatement
I guess it's the difference between the Mercedes PR team and the Mclaren one promoting their young guns.....

pimmy wrote:
This race was the opposite of Hungary & Italy. A good race with a not particularly interesting result. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't been around a load of inconsiderate twats at Silverstone.

I had a similar thing at Hednesford Hills raceway with the crowd there. (Though I also heard BTCC blasting out from the medical bay so I was nearly doubly spoilt!)
I'll never understand paying to go to see one race then ignoring it and watching another.

I just about managed to avoid spoilers apart from hearing Crofty shout "LANDO NORRIS! LANDO NORRIS!" in the distance, which I assume now was the part where he took the lead in the first place as it was joyus rather than gutted exclamations

But still, focus on what's in front of you, Jesus Christ :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Lewis was reluctant at first because Mercedes is pretty unreliable in some of their pitstops :lol:

this race could had gone full Nurburgring 99 if Mercedes messed up his stop

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13