TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 525 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:06 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Also if we're talking the funniest shit your country ever produced, when I saw Shaun Micallef's P(o)gram(me) I swore down he must've been influenced by The Day Today/Alan Partridge
He has the same kinda "taking ridiculous shit totally seriously" tone plus some great spoof interviews too,
I still have that on VHS somewhere, should dig it out just for that, no-one here is gonna know about it or show it again lol

Oh man I'm surprised the Micallef program got any kind of recognition anywhere around the world, here it only got a very small cult following, a lot of the jokes went over everyone's heads. I've got it on DVD somewhere and it's ageing very well.

You should check out his current show, Mad as Hell (its a bit political), he also did a great one called Newstopia back 2007-08 which is essentially The Day Today re-skinned.

He has a great motorsport gag in Newstopia, while reviewing the Bathurst race that occurred on the weekend he says "if they just left earlier they wouldn't have to go so fast"

Sorry, not sorry for hijacking this thread with comedy discussion.

Yeah, it'll make the thread seem more epic by the end of the weekend either way :lol:

Only other thing I've seen of Micallef is Micallef Tonight which strangely got a DVD release here (??)
Starting the run of a chat show with an edited highlights of the best bits so far was a brilliant intro, as was his high horse

As ever, cancelled way before it's time, ho hum

Anyway, expect Day Today/Alan Partridge references peppered throughout the rest of the weekend from me lol

"What are the stickers on the side of the car for?" "Errr, advertising?" "It's as simple as that huh? Reallllllly is that simple"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Turkey and Imola last year are two that spring to mind where there were still marshals on the track. In Imola Lance Stroll went at speed past a marshal on the track and wasn't even investigated for it.

Throw in the stupid amount of time lapsed at Baku this year before throwing a Safety Car for Max's crash. These are just the ones that I can remember off the top of my head, where as race director he WAS responsible for.

Good point. There was also a close call at Monaco with Perez.

I stand corrected, he's consistent in that regard even if I feel that wasn't what people were referring to :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Turkey and Imola last year are two that spring to mind where there were still marshals on the track. In Imola Lance Stroll went at speed past a marshal on the track and wasn't even investigated for it.

Throw in the stupid amount of time lapsed at Baku this year before throwing a Safety Car for Max's crash. These are just the ones that I can remember off the top of my head, where as race director he WAS responsible for.

Good point. There was also a close call at Monaco with Perez.

I stand corrected, there is some consistency in that regard even if I feel that wasn't what people were referring to :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
for me is like those football matches where the referee starts making dubious calls and giving lots of yellow cards while shouting to the players even at light fouls

they judge drivers are unable to run the show without them, so they steal the show

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:00 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Doesn't matter who is calling the shots, there does seem to be a drive from within race control to keep the races as green and "pure" as possible, and far too much time is spent calling on marshals posts for a report as to if they can handle an incident under waved yellows when you need decisive "OMG SC/RED FLAG NOW!" calls

F1 feels like it has to be a pure race with little in the way of "artificial interruptions" like other series would do, to make it stand out

Hell, that time in Hockenheim 2014 when there was a Sauber spun across the track after the blind final corner and Charlie didn't want to throw the SC because Lewis had just pitted on fresh tyres and "it wouldn't be fair on Nico to put Lewis directly behind him on fresher tyres" shows he cared more about racing "purity" than the safety of his marshal team

The poor Marshals are just seen as minions expected to risk their lives so the superstar F1 drivers can have a race unfettered by SC's and Red Flags. And they don't even get paid, maybe a free lunch if they're lucky. And the commentators will laud them every 3 races or so.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Possible rain on Saturday and Sunday, apparently.

so, no rain then

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:15 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Anyway, expect Day Today/Alan Partridge references peppered throughout the rest of the weekend from me lol

"What are the stickers on the side of the car for?" "Errr, advertising?" "It's as simple as that huh? Reallllllly is that simple"

There we see Lewis and Max, having a bit of fun, let's hope this tomfoolery doesn't escalate into ugly violence.

Either the grid have had a fight with a fire engine or it's raining it's arse off in Hungary

(Lets hope...)

Christian Horner has got protest Pie all over his face! EAT MY REJECTION!

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:33 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

WTF it wasn't data compared from some other filming day they compared with Hamilton's line into the corner during the race.

They literally used up a filming day to send Albon out there multiple times to recreate the line Hamilton took into the corner to prove he wouldn't have been able to make the corner

In a year old car

From a different team

On non-regulation for 2021 tyres

What did they expect anyone to think? "Oh yeah, that's very scientific Red Bull, amazing experiments from you there, let us DSQ Hamilton immediately!"

The fact they've managed to go a whole week with such a poor hand but acting like they have a full house while whipping up a media frenzy about the protest means you should never play poker with anyone from Red Bull. Their bluff game is strong.

In b4 Horner appears on this season's drive to survive "Well, we knew we wouldn't get anywhere, but we wanted to throw mercedes off their game and distract them a bit...." :whistling:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:36 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Either the grid have had a fight with a fire engine or it's raining it's arse off in Hungary

(Lets hope...)

What's that silver car doing at the front of the field with the flashing lights on the top! Surely that's not legal! He just cut everyone off and he's letting no-one past!

SHIT! Schumacher and Villenueve have set identical times! AND ANOTHER!!!
TWAT! That was liquid driving!!

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can't believe Red Bull wasted an entire filming day in an effort to determine the obvious and that it was a botched move. Childish, for fuck's sake move on already and do the talking on the track this weekend.

codename_47 wrote:
The fact they've managed to go a whole week with such a poor hand but acting like they have a full house while whipping up a media frenzy about the protest means you should never play poker with anyone from Red Bull. Their bluff game is strong.

Oh, Toto would give Christian a very good run for his money. Quite possibly one of the savviest politicians the paddock has ever seen. Actually that would be an interesting idea for a skit in the off-season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
WTF it wasn't data compared from some other filming day they compared with Hamilton's line into the corner during the race.

They literally used up a filming day to send Albon out there multiple times to recreate the line Hamilton took into the corner to prove he wouldn't have been able to make the corner

In a year old car

From a different team

On non-regulation for 2021 tyres

What did they expect anyone to think? "Oh yeah, that's very scientific Red Bull, amazing experiments from you there, let us DSQ Hamilton immediately!"

In b4 Horner appears on this season's drive to survive "Well, we knew we wouldn't get anywhere, but we wanted to throw mercedes off their game and distract them a bit...." :whistling:

WTF???? That is the most pathetic thing I have heard in F1. I sure hope they got laughed out of the room. And here they are crying foul about the cost cap...and then go and waste money on doing that. No wonder everyone thinks the majority of F1 teams are full of shit.

I think it was more of a ricing incident, being cool with the penalty given to Hamilton, but man, Red Bull surly are looking like desperate clowns, and I actually am starting to side with Mercedes here. This is starting to border on character assassination by Red Bull now. Expect to hear them moan ad nauseum about it at Hungary.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

(Lets hope...)

What's that silver car doing at the front of the field with the flashing lights on the top! Surely that's not legal! He just cut everyone off and he's letting no-one past!

SHIT! Schumacher and Villenueve have set identical times! AND ANOTHER!!!
TWAT! That was liquid driving!!

Three lights! Four lights! All of the lights!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:13 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sucky crashnoda is at it again, this guy is not going to have a long career in F1 imo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:15 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Tsunoda in the wall again. He won't see out the year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:

He currently still has plot armor provided by Honda.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

micha wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:

He currently still has plot armor provided by Honda.

Haha, I only learnt what plot armor was the other day, but good call

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
cookie wrote:
Sucky crashnoda is at it again, this guy is not going to have a long career in F1 imo

well he can get a shiny new contract by Marko if he makes sure Hamilton gets zeroed in the next races

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:18 am 

RB using the Silverstone engine for qual and race

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Red flag for Schumacher crashing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Usual thing of the back end going away

Quite a hit, knocked the breath out of him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 525 Next