TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
F1 should stop these Sprint gimmicks and put aggressive BoP immediately

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Max was pretty winded from the crash.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm sure there will be plenty more fan videos popping up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't give a shit if it's the other guys' fault 100%. In a racing incident like this, the least you can do is at least mention that you hope they're alright. What an absolute twat. I've lost a lot of respect for LH today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bingo, Verstappen echoes the sentiments of many in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hamilton asked over the radio when coming to the pits, and his engineer told him he got out of the car.

At Bahrain 2020, Max was on the podium and he popped the champagne with Lewis while Romain was being treated for hand burns he still has scars of until this day.

Just to say that when people see you walking off the car, they react differently than a Panis 1997 or a Bianchi 2014 where the driver condition is still unknown (incidentally, Lewis' first words on the Suzuka podium were for Bianchi).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Hamilton asked over the radio when coming to the pits, and his engineer told him he got out of the car.

At Bahrain 2020, Max was on the podium and he popped the champagne with Lewis while Romain was being treated for hand burns he still has scars of until this day.

Just to say that when people see you walking off the car, they react differently than a Panis 1997 or a Bianchi 2014 where the driver condition is still unknown (incidentally, Lewis' first words on the Suzuka podium were for Bianchi).

Neither max nor Lewis were directly involved in Grosjean’s crash however

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If that pompous ass had just said...

"That was a bad deal on the start. I hope Max is Ok. We were going for the same spot, I understeered a little as he was turning in and we ran out of room. The penalty is what it is. Team did a great job today and thank you to all the fans."

I think a lot of the venom directed at him would be reduced considerably. He brings a lot of the dislike down on his own shoulders.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:05 pm 

Yeah, Hamilton really made himself look like a complete moron especially post race.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quite a bit of debris went into the crowd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:16 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Schumifan wrote:
Quite a bit of debris went into the crowd

We came so close to a really serious crash today. I try not to resort to whataboutery but a little bit of air under Max's car and we're talking about a very different incident...

Masi's come out and said the FIA don't penalise based on outcome - "if you start taking consequences into account, there’s so many variables, rather than judging the incident itself on its merits." I understand. But back in 2012, Romain Grosjean was banned for a race because "the stewards regard [the start crash at Spa] as an extremely serious breach of the regulations which had the potential to cause injury to others. It eliminated leading championship contenders from the race." Today's crash did cause injury to another driver, with the potential to cause injury to more people, and eliminated a leading championship contender - so what's the difference? Even if you make the "repeat offender" argument about Grosjean (which is actually why he was banned), this is the third time in 2 and a half years that Lewis has understeered into another car - on all three occasions, he was deemed responsible. That's repeat offence if ever I saw it

I'm not saying Lewis should be banned here - that would be ludicrous. But they seem to have taken a compromise position in their decision to try and manage the situation politically - reckless driving at high speed is clearly more irresponsible than reckless driving at low speed, and should be treated as such, but today it was treated the same as other less serious incidents. The outcome is Lewis was still able to win the race, while Max was having a CT scan in hospital and his power unit is now going to end up in the bin which will damage his entire season. Lewis is generally a very clean driver, but the punishment doesn't make sense here. It sets a very dangerous precedent, and will probably lead to more crashes and an increased risk of someone getting hurt, in the name of The Show and The Championship

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If we really want to punish Lewis I think we should completely ignore him next race. The British press won’t play along but all others should treat him like he is not there.

Yes that’s childish. But it will hurt his ego immensely too

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We want to see wheel to wheel racing. And each time that happens, there's a major risk of cars touching, which can lead to serious crashes. When traveling nearly 300 km/h it only requires a minute lapse in spacial awareness, and the consequences are often dire. However careful the drivers try to be, mishaps do and will always happen. No one can do anything about it. It's not an untold secret, but accepted risk of motorsport.

Incidentally, Vertappen himself has stated:
Quote:
“ A bit of 'wheel banging' is nothing wrong with that, everyone wants to see that ... unless you are not a racer."

Though if you complain enough, maybe F1 cars end up being like this. No consequences of wheels banging together.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:51 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I can’t wait for max to return the favour.
This should be fun. Hopefully somewhere high speed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I dislike Hamilton as much as most of you. I love to see him lose or fail, because I don´t like his personality as well as I´m so tired of him winning all the time. But the reaction of most people, geez.

They fought hard, they fought close, and at one point it was too close and they touched, this time with heavy consequences. But those who really really believe that this was intentional are idiots. Those who think Hamilton should be banned for a race have never seen a race or driven anything fast.
These things happen. I didn´t like the outcome, I hope next time it is the other way round, but you all act like it is the first time ever that cars make contact and one flies off. When it happened I shouted in anger, especially when I saw Hamilton could continue. I knew Hamilton would get the blame because these days every contact must result in someone getting blamed, most of the times the car behind. But while I had hoped Hamilton would have had damage himself which would ruin his race too, I think a time penalty was never needed. In the 90´s, giving someone a punishment for contact like that would have been unimaginable.

It was an unintentional racing incident, I´m unhappy that Hamilton still won but that´s it, move on to the next race.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:

I frankly hope not.

I really hope they keep (or find back?) some on-track respect between each other and give space. Fair enough if mistakes are made, but if they're not able to get close without contact anymore then it just makes this battle worse for us.

There's also no favor to be returned. This sort of contact is highly hazardous, last time it happened it sent both cars out (Sainz vs Grosjean). Hamilton just got lucky. Such a contact is never good news for either driver.

Last edited by Coldtyre on Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:00 pm 

JJ wrote:
We want to see wheel to wheel racing. And each time that happens, there's a major risk of cars touching, which can lead to serious crashes. When traveling nearly 300 km/h it only requires a minute lapse in spacial awareness, and the consequences are often dire. However careful the drivers try to be, mishaps do and will always happen. No one can do anything about it. It's not an untold secret, but accepted risk of motorsport.

I agree that we want to see racing, but I disagree that no one can do anything about it. Today's crash was entirely avoidable on Lewis' part. It's not like he had a car failure that pitched him into Max - that comes down to not wanting to lift in a fast-but-not-flat corner, despite being on a tighter line on the dirty side of the track

A harsh penalty isn't about penalising a driver for the sake of it - it's about showing to the other drivers "hey, this isn't acceptable, because this sort of driving could cause a really serious accident one day". We know there are drivers out there living with the consequences of having caused avoidable accidents that have killed or seriously injured other people. No one wants that. Yes, there's an accepted risk among drivers about driving fast cars, but that doesn't include accepting the risk that some wally's going to understeer into your car at 180 mph while trying to make a stupidly risky move - that's why rules are in place to try and stop that sort of thing happen

Despite all that's happened in F1 history, I feel like the FIA still haven't got on top of a) aggressive wheel-to-wheel driving and b) driving under yellow flags. The drivers are still flouting the rules on a weekly basis. And if you're Lewis Hamilton, why not? What's he learned today? That even if you harpoon your main rival off the road, a 10-second time penalty isn't going to be enough to stop you winning a race? Great precedent to set there

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fabs wrote:

Yes, perhaps at one of the many fast corners at Zandvoort. It would be a fitting venue as well. :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next