TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2225 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
today these penalties look even more unfair because cars don't break that often. to be fair Hamilton had to have enough damage to drop him to the back

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Trying to be rational though, the penalty was probably fair. When was the last time a driver had a greater penalty for a first lap incident? It seems unjust because it was on a championship rival and could have resulted in injury. Should that result in a bigger penalty or should all contact be judged equally? That's a decision they need to make.

Do you think Lewis was more aggressive than usual because it was Max? I just wonder if the first laps of Imola and Spain were on his mind, or even the way they touched down to Brooklands. I love that the two championship leaders are racing so hard, but I feel as if this has been coming for a while.

I definitely think he was more aggressive than usual because it was Verstappen. If it was Perez or if Hamilton was leading the championship, I highly doubt he would've made that move. But because it was Verstappen, and he's trailing in the championship which was probably starting to get to him, I think played a big part in the incident.

Plus I think being at home in front of the boisterous crowd, wanting to impress and win in front of them, likely spurred him on even more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Trying to be rational though, the penalty was probably fair. When was the last time a driver had a greater penalty for a first lap incident? It seems unjust because it was on a championship rival and could have resulted in injury. Should that result in a bigger penalty or should all contact be judged equally? That's a decision they need to make.

Do you think Lewis was more aggressive than usual because it was Max? I just wonder if the first laps of Imola and Spain were on his mind, or even the way they touched down to Brooklands. I love that the two championship leaders are racing so hard, but I feel as if this has been coming for a while.

Yeah, those and the weaving yesterday and the wheel bumping today. Two hard driving drivers going at it.

Didn't Leclerc spin someone off on lap one somewhere last year and not get a penalty because first lap?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

if it was Max doing that to Lewis at Tarzan would they issue penalty to Max?

I'd say some people here would start shouting black flag immediately

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
if it was Max doing that to Lewis at Tarzan would they issue penalty to Max?

I'd say some people here would start shouting black flag immediately

10s and 2 points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hopefully for Hamilton's sake something like this does not happen at Zandvoort later this season... can you imagine the crowd reaction? :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:59 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Been a while since I posted a video. After the race the FOM showed a complete long video of Verstappen / Hamilton's contact including all the angles (long version) and a aftermath of the crash (not shown live)

Here it is:
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hTsTiU ... sp=sharing
Duration: 7 min 54 sec
Size: 870 MB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:00 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Apparently what race control told us today is: You can take out any rival you want in as dangerous of a corner you please ans you won't lose more than 10 seconds. Since Max is still in front in the championship the reasonable thing would be to send Lewis into the wall in every single race left in the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beezle wrote:
Apparently what race control told us today is: You can take out any rival you want in as dangerous of a corner you please ans you won't lose more than 10 seconds. Since Max is still in front in the championship the reasonable thing would be to send Lewis into the wall in every single race left in the season.

Indeed. I believe these sort of things tend to even out over the course of a season, whether intentionally or not. So I'm sure there will be a "That was for Silverstone..." moment somewhere down the line...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beezle wrote:

No. Only in 5 races because the 6th will result in a race ban

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:05 pm 

micha wrote:
Beezle wrote:

No. Only in 5 races because the 6th will result in a race ban

0 Points for Lewis and 5 lets conservatively say 3rd place finishes... still worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

next race both Mercedes must start without front wings

I guess this is a fair penalty

or do the whole race with DRS on

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I’m expecting them to hand max a 2 race ban first time they touch :roll:

Gold Member
Gold Member

Toto87 wrote:
Been a while since I posted a video. After the race the FOM showed a complete long video of Verstappen / Hamilton's contact including all the angles (long version) and a aftermath of the crash (not shown live)

Here it is:
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hTsTiU ... sp=sharing
Duration: 5 min 24 sec
Size: 870 MB

Thanks for posting!

Just looking at that replay made me think of another thing, which unfortunately only Hamilton will know if true or not. But in yesterday's sprint race, didn't he try to make a move around the outside of Verstappen going into Copse and it failed? Today you can see Verstappen quite firmly moves to close the door on the inside, leaving Hamilton a ton of room to try and go around the outside. But having known from yesterday that failed, Hamilton aggressively commits to the inside this time, even though he can see there's the narrowest of margins between Verstappen and the old pit wall. Almost like he had made up his mind that this time he was going outmuscle Verstappen no matter what...almost like it was premeditated to a degree.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hamilton took the penalty, came back, and absolutely nailed the same corner and the same move that he completely botched earlier with Verstappen (contact was 100% Hamilton's mistake).

This is the sort of comeback you expect from the GOAT. This is the F1 I like to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
This is the sort of comeback you expect from the GOAT. This is the F1 I like to watch.

too bad it was the evil empire that won today

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

For those that haven't heard Verstappen's team radio right after the accident...man, if you didn't know the outcome of the incident, it sounds totally stomach churning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I think that's the thing that frustrated me the most. In his post race celebration, Lewis gave no thought to Max's condition, or not wanting to win a race in that way. In fact, he still thinks he's the innocent party.

He asked on the radio and they told him he walked out, so I guess he was going by that. I also didn't know Max was still being checked until after the finish.

I honestly think that as a driver, Hamilton knows damn well that he had space and he was the one to push wide. He cannot be mistaken about that, it's so blatant. I really think he's playing mind games for the championship at this point to nail the morale down instead of admitting guilt.

I agree that this is not the sort of accident to do that on. It wasn't a hairpin fender bender, just suck it up and admit you fucked up.

Last edited by Coldtyre on Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what makes me even more pissed and mad is that he didn't even spinned or got substantial damage

looks like he shook hands with the devil, anything happens, except with him

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

pimmy wrote:
Winning after a 10s penalty just demonstrates how uncompetitive this series is, as if it needed to be demonstrated again.

Are we talking about the same uncompetitive series where the win just got decided during a penultimate lap on-track move?

lol

"Winning after a first lap spin (Bahrain 2020) just demonstrates how uncompetitive this series is, as if it needed to be demonstrated again"

Last edited by Coldtyre on Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2225 Next