TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Serious question. If Lewis hadn't celebrated and acted afterwards like such a twat, would Red Bull have come out as they have? I kinda get the feeling that that is what has pissed them off the most.

They still be pissed but the backlash would been a whole lot less if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I guess something fair to do is calculate the damages on Max car, and take that from Mercedes budget as some sort of financial handicap that they caused

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
I guess something fair to do is calculate the damages on Max car, and take that from Mercedes budget as some sort of financial handicap that they caused

Meh that would be tricky to proof in some situations.

I do feel teams deserve 1 free engine per season after a big hit.
It’s very likely max has to take grid penalty later this season. Sir Blessed truly is blessed with this tap he did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:33 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Lol @ this forum sometimes. Being ok about something that could completely destroy our sport because it's launched by a team ppl like vs a team they hate

Can you imagine Jim Clark or Fangio or any of those guys thinking about legal action after an accident on track?

Niki Lauda must be rolling in his grave too

This needs to go away and fast otherwise no-one will ever try for an overtaking move again. An overtaking move going wrong could end with you losing your house, or worse in jail if the person ends up hurt.

Goddamn Red Bull, they manage to turn a situation where they're the victim and people had a lot of sympathy for them into out and out horse-shittery of the highest order.

Do we want our drivers to race, or spend so long weighing up the risk like a health and safety officer of an insurance provider they never go for an overtake at all

I hope a judge laughs red bull out of court. If they don't it'll be dire straights for Formula 1, and no doubt

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Meh that would be tricky to proof in some situations.

no need to prove, just the need to fuck mercedes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:

Niki Lauda must be rolling in his grave too

That same Niki would probably beat Lewis with his cap over his celebrating :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:13 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

How many times we have had contacts where other car has lost track position and retired and the penalty has been largely agreed to be in line? Because I remember more times when penalty has been called wrong. And if we compare this to other sports, I don't think there's as much bad calls per calls given in other sports.

I personally compare this to hockey and I think there's less bad calls versus good calls. Therefore I think Marko is right questioning this penalty that was given to Hamilton. Hockey is having similar problem with concussions caused by contacts. No one is having a problem when people talk about penalty should be greater for the offender than what it is for the victim. Therefore its only fair to ask same thing about F1 and penalties from contacts.

This crash was caused by Hamilton, he was never going to make that corner without going wide. Verstappen gave always more than a car width of space. Hamilton was "technically side by side" because he didn't lift before corner entry even though he had terrible racing line for Copse. He went wide due oversteer while Max was on the wide entry line and the leading car. If I translate this to hockey terms, Hamilton was going for the same space and was going for a clean body check, but made a contact to head first instead and caused Max to be taken to the hospital. That should be worth of game misconduct for making a contact to head...or in F1 terms, forcing another car to retire due causing avoidable collision.

Just make the rules clear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The big issue here, is that Hamilton won the race. The blacklash would be significantly less if he finished 5th or something.

Race ban? No.
10 seconds? Maybe a light penalty, considering. Perez left no room for 2 cars in Austria, cars that continued racing, and eventually got the same penalty.

I think FIA should internally determine for every track, which corners are most likely to generate overtaking. Same incident in Brooklands and Copse, a harsher penalty for the latter. There is a difference between an incident after a hard fight in a slower or 2lane corner, than just a banzai move in a high speed, 1-lane corner with a greater chance to not end well.

The consequences of the incident should be taken into acount to determine the penalty too. If Max would've just went into the gravel and managed to rejoin, the penalty shouldn't be the same as with a hard crash like Max's had.

And also, if a red flag is placed because of a hard incident, any car that keeps going and was involved in said incident, shouldn't be allowed to get free repairs in the pitlane. If they kept going, that's an advantage in itself. Or even better, no one is allowed to touch any car,during a red flag, apart from the usual cooling, helping the driver out, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pretty much that. If Lewis had to start from the back due to red flag repairs and still won the race but didn’t act like he did now we’d be calling it the drive of the century

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

so RB had a loss of $1.8 million. They should send the invoice for Brackley to pay

just cash, no G-Wagens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seriously WTF people, team X should pay team Y for damage??? Go down that route then you get a situation where every single incident where even the slightest bit of damaged has to be billed to the team and lawyers get involved. That would kill the sport for good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

they agreed on the rules, they caused the damage

now with cost cap any penny counts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The rules apparently also allow RBR to ask them to review the incident if they can bring new evidence to the table.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
The rules apparently also allow RBR to ask them to review the incident if they can bring new evidence to the table.

What could they achieve with that?

An exception to the cost cap rule? Maybe a sporting penalty to Hamilton (grid spots?)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25